By bobchickenkfc

bobchickenkfc

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Help!!! Playstation Move is driving me mad!!!

38 Replies 2,151 Views Created 18-09-2010

Why in the blue **** does the PS3 move only work when it feels like it?? i'll explain, one minute im happily playing the demo of sports champions then switch to start the party and then the playstation move goes all screwy the cursor is all over the place (everywhere but the place im bloody pointing it!) now I have tried EVERYTHING!! re-calibrated it on the XMB bar menu, then diabled the magnetic sensor, got the perfect lighting conditions tried it all!! am I forgetting anything??...Yes I even thought the camera or controller was faulty so I went and got another one from game and low and behold the exact same problems......Please somone tell me what the **** is going on?? it works only when  it wants!!! this cant be right surely...I was so looking forward to this coming out now im just so ***** off.. .Im on the verge of getting a refund can anyone tell me have I forgotten to try anything??? thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

This happened to me a few times on the demo, think i either quit the demo or turned the controller off/on. I've had it where both controller markers weren't even showing on screen but were stuck at the bottom right of the TV.

0 Kudos

Re: Help!!! Playstation Move is driving me mad!!!

/16

bobchickenkfc

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bobchickenkfc
Accepted Solution

That is exactly the same problem im having, it cant be a faulty controller (as this is my second) it has to be a design flaw with the actually move controller. Refund methinks till Sony sort this issue out.

0 Kudos

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

bobchickenkfc wrote:

That is exactly the same problem im having, it cant be a faulty controller (as this is my second) it has to be a design flaw with the actually move controller. Refund methinks till Sony sort this issue out.

Yeah but i haven't had any problems on retail games though bud, except my 2nd controller that wouldn't calibrate which i fixed by turning the magnetic thingy off in the settinngs on the XMB (maybe try that?).

0 Kudos

/16

Daytraders

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Daytraders
Accepted Solution

AfxBGD wrote:

bobchickenkfc wrote:

Yeah but i haven't had any problems on retail games though bud, except my 2nd controller that wouldn't calibrate which i fixed by turning the magnetic thingy off in the settinngs on the XMB (maybe try that?).

But that defeats the object, you need that on for accuracy or you might as well just use a wii controller.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
troll on formalin 1970 the eye toy was out b4 the wii so technically it ripped of that and not the other way round
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

Pedro7uK-

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pedro7uK-
Accepted Solution

could be the software that you're using. was start the party from the starter disc or from the psn store? i've been having no problems with move at all, and this is on sports champions, racquet sports and the shoot (all demos)

could be faulty software mate, try every possible factor before you give up

0 Kudos

/16

bobchickenkfc

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bobchickenkfc
Accepted Solution

I've tried mate on ALL demos and all have suffered that same problem sometime..but whats even more annoying is that it works sometimes but thats not good enough really. All demos are from the PSN store.

0 Kudos

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
/16

jowett69

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jowett69
Accepted Solution

Yes get a refund the "MOVE" is crap!!! I bought two of the crap things and a sports game, only works when its wants to. the cam is total crap. 2 demos cannot get working at all. and they say its better than Wii lol

0 Kudos

/16

Cloudedpaul

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudedpaul
Accepted Solution
what the hell is wrong with everyone? mine is working fine what are you all doing to them lol
0 Kudos

/16

deltaman-3

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deltaman-3
Accepted Solution

mines workin perfectly.were are all ur webcams sitting.mines in the middle at the bottom of the tv..and make sure its switched to the blue dot/

0 Kudos

/16

bobchickenkfc

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bobchickenkfc
Accepted Solution

The problem is it does work sometimes and you may just be lucky that it hasnt screwed up yet but trust me it will!!! both me and my mates had it working fine for hours then it would work sometimes then not others, but that is not good enough!

0 Kudos

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
/16

Wigster101

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wigster101
Accepted Solution

When I first came to use it, once I had set the troublesome camera angle fine it worked brilliantly. 

Although, when attempting to play The Shoot last night, I couldn't get it to work properly. Whether this was the camera angle or the controller, I do not know. The camera seemed to be positioned fine though. The cursor on the screen was all over the place. 

I tried it downstairs today with The Shoot and Beat Sketcher and both worked fine.

0 Kudos

/16

formalin1970

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
formalin1970
Accepted Solution

for me the move is a bag of old rubbish, to the point where i have completly given up with sony now because virtualy everything they bring out is knackered. please dont tell me about trying this, trying that to calibrate because ive tried it all. there are way too many people having problems with the move for it to be a calibration problem. sony if you are reading this if you are going to try and rip off another system(wii?) then do it properly, because the wii is a far, far superior experience with a motion controller than move, mainly because IT WORKS!!! i really do believe sont should recall the move, give refunds and put it right before putting it on sale again. as for me? i will be going back to xbox, may even try out kinnect as it cant be any worse than sonys effort.

0 Kudos

/16

Firefox2000

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Firefox2000
Accepted Solution

formalin1970 wrote:

for me the move is a bag of old rubbish, to the point where i have completly given up with sony now because virtualy everything they bring out is knackered. please dont tell me about trying this, trying that to calibrate because ive tried it all. there are way too many people having problems with the move for it to be a calibration problem. sony if you are reading this if you are going to try and rip off another system(wii?) then do it properly, because the wii is a far, far superior experience with a motion controller than move, mainly because IT WORKS!!! i really do believe sont should recall the move, give refunds and put it right before putting it on sale again. as for me? i will be going back to xbox, may even try out kinnect as it cant be any worse than sonys effort.

LOL...I assume the xbox forums are down again.

0 Kudos

/16

wiipass

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wiipass
Accepted Solution

we have 2 MOVE controllers both work perfectly fine. (stp & sc are a lot of fun) ;)

0 Kudos

/16

Farscape247

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Farscape247
Accepted Solution

Firefox2000 wrote:

formalin1970 wrote:

LOL...I assume the xbox forums are down again.

actually sony were working on motion controllers before nintendo. i don't have a problem with move and it is one good piece of tech the beats the crap out of that garbage called kinect(i have tried one with a few games). i get absolute precision with move and unlike kinect i can play FPS games with it.

0 Kudos

To Infinity and Beyond
/16

DarkForce96

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkForce96
Accepted Solution

"for me the move is a bag of old rubbish, to the point where i have completly given up with sony now because virtualy everything they bring out is knackered. please dont tell me about trying this, trying that to calibrate because ive tried it all. there are way too many people having problems with the move for it to be a calibration problem. sony if you are reading this if you are going to try and rip off another system(wii?) then do it properly, because the wii is a far, far superior experience with a motion controller than move, mainly because IT WORKS!!! i really do believe sont should recall the move, give refunds and put it right before putting it on sale again. as for me? i will be going back to xbox, may even try out kinnect as it cant be any worse than sonys effort."

actually, there are only like ten people on this forum having problems, so NOT everyone is having problems. If you choose not to try what people are suggesting here, and 'giving up' then that is your problem, but don't bash the move or throw love to M$ cause your a little boy who can't work technology right. I have never had an issue with the ps move, EVER and bought it day 1. I also would like to issue the challange that you actually DON'T have move, but are an x box fanboy with no life, as to come on here and bash the move. You wanna talk about kinect, go to the forum for kinect, wanna call the move a wii rip off, well, other then you being an idiot, you have no knowledge, nor care to learn, about the PS Move and if its to hard for you to work, give it to an ADULT to help you. k? :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

TheTenth

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheTenth
Accepted Solution
new user of PSMove, only played maybe 2 hours : Planet Minigolf, Time Crisis, various demos, no movement detection or mad cursor problem (don't even know what the magneto thing is so it's on)
0 Kudos

/16

JoTowns

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JoTowns
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Just to advise that I returned the move and exchanged for a replacement and it now works perfectly.  So glad we tried it before Christmas.

Thanks,

Jo x

0 Kudos

/16

LeroyGreat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LeroyGreat
Accepted Solution

I'm sick and tired of people claiming that the people who bash the move for its problems are xbox fanyboys. Certainly not me!!! I got rid of my xbox ages ago. I'm a exclusive Ps3 owner, with countless of hours put into MAG, Killzone 2, Modnation, Little Big Planet, Buzz, Resistance 2, Sports Champions, The Fight etc.. etc.. etc...

The fight for me simply does not calibrate right.

Here's something interesting though I measured how far from the ground my playstation eye is and it's 6 feet 8 inches, that;s pretty high, especially since the tutorial says it should be shoulder height. I'm wondering if this is the culprit for all of my problems

if so I'm screwed when it comes to move because my TV is hung on the wall.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel