Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Help!!! Playstation Move is driving me mad!!!

My controller is completely unusuable in the Tumble Demo (the pointer is all over the place, mostly off screen). Once I managed to start the game, I centred the controller and the on-screen representation showed it pointing forward initially. It slowly rotated though, until within about 30 seconds the orientation was 90 degrees off from how I was actually holding it.

Echochrome II seemed to work, however this requires far less accuracy.

Something I have noticed previously is that there seems to be magnetic field interference near my house. The compass in my phone refuses to point East for example (all directions are somewhere between SW and N), though it works fine in other locations. I'm assuming that whatever is causing this feature is also interfering with the Move controller.

I'm going to try the XMB settings to see if that fixes anything, but could be why some people are having problems.

Be seeing you,
NotASnark.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39 (924 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

strange i've tried my move in multiple rooms with different lighting conditions, sometimes even fluxtuating lighting conditions on both demos and full release games and I have still not had a problem. Have you made sure you camera is stationary etc, if it starts to move left/right(the cam) it will throw off the calibration a little.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39 (922 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

thats really odd for everyone that is having problems.. mine's been working perfectly fine and im loving the accuracy of the shots you can have on table tennis in SC..

maybe bring it up with MB and see if he can troubleshoot the problem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39 (910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I tried recalibrating the magnetic sensor, and that didn't improve things. Switching off the magnetic sensor however did, which implies to me that it's the magnetic sensor which is completely screwed.

Be seeing you,
NotASnark.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39 (907 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

NotASnark wrote:

I tried recalibrating the magnetic sensor, and that didn't improve things. Switching off the magnetic sensor however did, which implies to me that it's the magnetic sensor which is completely screwed.

were abouts is ur webcam.make sure ur webcam doesnt make has well or u'll lose calibration ...standing too close to ur tv will make the motion controller unstable.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39 (897 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

NotASnark wrote:

But as you have mentioned other magnetic devices like your compas dont work correctly, so maybe its not the move controler but something in or near your house that is kicking out something thats affecting your move controler.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39 (892 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

are you holding the move the right way round?  i had to say it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39 (862 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The problem is it does work sometimes and you may just be lucky that it hasnt screwed up yet but trust me it will!!! both me and my mates had it working fine for hours then it would work sometimes then not others, but that is not good enough!

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39 (862 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

When I first came to use it, once I had set the troublesome camera angle fine it worked brilliantly. 

Although, when attempting to play The Shoot last night, I couldn't get it to work properly. Whether this was the camera angle or the controller, I do not know. The camera seemed to be positioned fine though. The cursor on the screen was all over the place. 

I tried it downstairs today with The Shoot and Beat Sketcher and both worked fine.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39 (839 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

for me the move is a bag of old rubbish, to the point where i have completly given up with sony now because virtualy everything they bring out is knackered. please dont tell me about trying this, trying that to calibrate because ive tried it all. there are way too many people having problems with the move for it to be a calibration problem. sony if you are reading this if you are going to try and rip off another system(wii?) then do it properly, because the wii is a far, far superior experience with a motion controller than move, mainly because IT WORKS!!! i really do believe sont should recall the move, give refunds and put it right before putting it on sale again. as for me? i will be going back to xbox, may even try out kinnect as it cant be any worse than sonys effort.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39 (596 Views)
0 Kudos