03 Oct 2010
Playstation Staff

How can we Pick THE COLOR OF THE BALL?

9 Replies 12,668 Views Created 04-10-2010

I remember in a PS Move event that R&D guy showed how you can choose the color you want, which is

why developers will do it for certain games.

Ok I see it with MAG, you pick VALOR the ball is GREEN

but with RE5 it is out of all colors is PINK?

also with Heavy Rain it is BLUE

Sports Champions RED

So I ask again, why can't they let us change the colors?, playing RE5 with PINK???? really?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (12,668 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: How can we Pick THE COLOR OF THE BALL?

it sets the COLOUR of the ball to how dark your room is and so it doesn't clash with what colour clothing you're wearing.... i think.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (12,651 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

nope that is complete BS.. people have tested it by holding up pink things in front of the camera to try and get it to change to another colour and it doesn't work at all. I don't mind pink as a colour in general, but the BRIGHT ANNOYING PINK BULB on the end of my controller while playing a horror game is really jarring.. it's way too bright and stands out too much, what's wrong with green or blue?

also the controls in RE5 are stupid anyway, you aim with the trigger and shoot with the main move button? what is that crap? should be the opposite.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (12,649 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Echidnalexx wrote:

nope that is complete BS.. people have tested it by holding up pink things in front of the camera to try and get it to change to another colour and it doesn't work at all. I don't mind pink as a colour in general, but the BRIGHT ANNOYING PINK BULB on the end of my controller while playing a horror game is really jarring.. it's way too bright and stands out too much, what's wrong with green or blue?

also the controls in RE5 are stupid anyway, you aim with the trigger and shoot with the main move button? what is that crap? should be the opposite.

Try doing it the opposite way, I did and after a few minutes my thumb started to ache.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (12,635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i wish we had the option to change the colour of the ball sometimes

been playing flight control HD sat on my sofa turned it off for a bit and made some food then came back and turned a lamp on and sat down to play again
all synced up with a blue ball and ready to go started playing and it kept saying i was off camera (altho i wasnt)

i picked up my other move controler and that synced with a yellow/orange ball and it worked fine
if it had just let me change the colour it would have been easier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just seen Mr T getting some petrol. I pity the Fuel.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (12,632 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

the ball colour isnt for decorative purposes it is to achieve maximum contrast to the room and your clothing so the ball can be seen by the camera as easily as possible.

the game scans your camera at the calibration stage to pick a colour for the ball.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (12,615 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: How can we Pick THE COLOUR OF THE BALL?

I got Resident Evil 5 Gold, and yes, its PINK! (of all 16.7 million colours)

One thing i would like to see in games like that :

The ball would be GREEN when no enemies are around, And turns RED when enemies are close, kinda like a "radar" :smileyhappy:

Would be nice if we could change the colour to whatever you like.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (12,610 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

that's not true. I have a pink background, and when ever I play Sports Champions the ball is pink, even though the wall directly behind me is pink.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (12,589 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hey hey

1) The playstation eye/move will calibrate the colour of the sphere to your environment. it can display 16mil colours with a multitude of different hues.

2) Games have the option to use the colour of the sphere to provide an interactive feedback to the player.

CURRENTLY the games on offer have chosen to use option 2.

RUSE will flip the sphere colour to red/nlue dependent on what unit you have selected.

Sports Champions calibrates the right/dominate hand to pink and left/alternative hand to blue. weirdly if you have calibration issues and skip the calibration it uses green in your left/alternative hand.

Flight Control HD uses yellow

and as others have mentioned some are specific calibration colours.

What is most likely happening is that the game is choosing the colour and the move software is choosing the hue.

dont forget that devs prefer something to look cool rather than work correctly and programers prefer things to work and dont mind if its *****.

personally i think the calibrations issues are because they arent talking with each other

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (12,560 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i think it's complete bs too

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (5,203 Views)
0 Kudos