21 Sep 2010
Playstation Staff

How to tell when Move Controller has fully charged

12 Replies 18,143 Views Created 21-09-2010

I've synced them up (arrived this morning) but can't find anywhere which tells you how to tell when they are charged! I know first charge takes longest but does the flashing red light go solid or change to green or something?

Sorry if this is a noobish question!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (18,143 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: How to tell when Move Controller has fully charged

if the cotroller is off then the red light will go off when it's fully charged, if the controller is on then the red light will stop flashing and stay on. Move controllers take a lot longer to charge than dual shock 3's via usb, I got the sony charge station which charges them much faster

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (18,140 Views)
Playstation Staff

It simply stop's flashing.  

Doesn't go green it remains red.

When it is fully charged the light stays on instead of flashing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (18,139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the quick reply, Can I just ask is it normal that they have synced to controller slots 6 and 7?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (18,136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Blackbox2342 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, Can I just ask is it normal that they have synced to controller slots 6 and 7?

yes they are supposed to

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (18,135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Cheers for your help, I'm new to Move as you can tell but I'm really excited to give it a go, got 2 move controllers, Sports Champions, loads of demos in preparation (didn't get starter kit as didn't need another eye camera!) and will be getting Resi 5 move edition, I heard it takes about 5 hours for the first charge?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (18,129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Blackbox2342 wrote:
Cheers for your help, I'm new to Move as you can tell but I'm really excited to give it a go, got 2 move controllers, Sports Champions, loads of demos in preparation (didn't get starter kit as didn't need another eye camera!) and will be getting Resi 5 move edition, I heard it takes about 5 hours for the first charge?

If you have a long enough charging cable you can play with the move controller while its charging, thats what I did and it works fine, although I have a 3 meter charging cable, if you have a shorter one it may prove a bit difficult

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (18,105 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Just the one that was bundled with the PS3 so it is incredibly short although I've had a go at browsing the xmb using the gyroscope and the likes.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (18,102 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

When the light stops blinking *red light* similar to that of a normal ps3 controller... you know when it's done charging after the lights stop blinking.

Read the PS move manual m8! :smileyhappy:

Seven-sins-150

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (18,072 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi

The little red light flashes when charging up

and as for charging times mine were pretty quick im only using usb leads

when i first got home i plugged my 2 new motion controllers into pc and nav one into pc i installed a couple of demos then started using one of the controllers and it was fine

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (18,052 Views)
0 Kudos