04 Dec 2011
By Yeghori
Playstation Staff

Navigation controller problem with Resistance 3

9 Replies 4,137 Views Created 04-12-2011

Hi there,

Resistance 3 refuses to accept that I have a navigation controller attached to my PS3. 

The navigation controller works fine in the XMB and Killzone 3 but when I launch resistance 3 it seems to ignore the nav controller (even when I launch the game with it!)

It recognises the move controller OK but using the move together wuth a standard wireless controller is unacceptable.

Hope someone can help me because I love using the sharpshooter.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (4,137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Navigation controller problem with Resistance 3

I have managed to solve this one for myself :smileyhappy:

From the XMB I went to Accessory settings and chose Reassign Controllers.  I re-assigned the Navigation controller's number and set it to 1 (it was set to 6 by default).

With that done, the nav controller then worked as expected in Resistance 3 and I am now able to use the Sharpshooter,  hurray! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (4,130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I got that problem all the time. Usually I had to restart the PS3 to get R3 to use the nav controller. Never thought of reassigning it though.

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (4,117 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi again,

If I start Resisstance 3 with only the move & navigation controllers registered, it works like a dream with no restarts or changes to settings required.

The problem only seems to occur when there is a regular wireless controller registered.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (4,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Yeah maybe. I haven't worked out a consistent pattern. It's interesting that the nav controller works fine in XMB. It's only inside the game menu that it doesn't work and of course then you can't get any further than that. I sometimes get the same issue using a Dualshock instead of a nav controller.

regards
Rob
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (4,051 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The nature of bluetooth.

''Only after disaster can we be resurrected.'' - Tyler Durden.
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (4,004 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Jack_Daniels08 wrote:

The nature of bluetooth.

Maybe, but Killzone 3 & SOCOM Special Forces don't seem to be as picky (i.e those games have never caused me any move controller grief).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (4,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Same here: only R3 gives me this trouble but it's not so bad that it never works. It only takes ,at worst, a system restart the get R3 to see the Nav controller if it doesn't work the first time (which it often does).

regards
Rob
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (4,000 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Ok I think I've got this worked out: I often turn on my PS3 using the BD Remote. Then of course I completely forget about it. I discovered I can use the BD remote in the R3 game menu so I pressed the PS button and turned that remote off. Still no reponse using the Nav controller. I then reassigned the Nav controller to the same slot number that the BD remote used (7) and it started working.

I'm guessing that the game just assumes that the controller that was there first when the system was turned on (not including the Move itself) is the one it uses as the nav controller. Presumably if you turned the PS3 on with a DS3 controller then you'd have to turn that one off and reassign the Nav to slot 1 (hence you initial solution working, Yeghori).

In case you're wondering why I've resurrrected this old thread: I'm playing through R3 again to see if I can beat it on Superhuman difficulty.

regards
Rob
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (3,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

With the move controllers and navigator controller it is best to assign the numbers one after the after starting with the move controller.

Eg. Move Controller 2 and Navigator Controller 3.

I would recommend to remove any other devices except one controller (Assigned to number 1) and keep all other devices and later numbers!

Hope that helps!

CPL_Clerk

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (3,109 Views)
0 Kudos