13 Oct 2010
Playstation Staff

PS3 Move camera

8 Replies 3,694 Views Created 13-10-2010

Hi i bought a PS3 move kit the day it was launched and it is brilliant to use.The only thing wrong is the camera is not clear at all.The picture is very grainy it looks like an old anologue tv.The PS3 is connected to a full 1080p tv.Do you think i have a faulty camera.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (3,694 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Move camera

no mate thats what its like

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (3,686 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ok thanks thats very poor then.When i have seen people using it on tv it looks a lot clearer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (3,682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

hotwheels47 escribió:

Ok thanks thats very poor then.When i have seen people using it on tv it looks a lot clearer.

Only thing you can do is play with lights till you get the best setup

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (3,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah, i have been rattling on about this but, as the others have said in other threads, a Bluetooth HD camera would cost anywhere between £75-£100. Wired would be cheaper but where are the games that need that quality yet? It'll come.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (3,621 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Its not the cameras fault.. Have a look at the "Video Chat" feature off the XMB to see the 'raw' output of the game.. It looks very good.. Its just the way that the image is processed for use with Move and its a side effect that we are just going to have to accept!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (3,614 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Grim_Tim_ wrote:
Yeah, i have been rattling on about this but, as the others have said in other threads, a Bluetooth HD camera would cost anywhere between £75-£100. Wired would be cheaper but where are the games that need that quality yet? It'll come.

I don't think that an HD camera is the solution. The fault is not with the camera itself, but the way that its processed to make it more sensitive.

In truth, HD cameras are often less sensitive to light than non-HD cameras.. So if anything Sony should be looking at cameras with a high sensitivity CMOS/CCD sensor...

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (3,614 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I found with mine that in reasonable daylight the camera image is crystal clear, under bulb or low lighting it's very grainy.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (3,602 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

DjRalford wrote:
I found with mine that in reasonable daylight the camera image is crystal clear, under bulb or low lighting it's very grainy.

As above daylight seems to give a better picture rather than eletric light this is probably as a result of that stupid EU law requiring all new light bulbs to be energy efficient and these bulbs are not as bright as their predecessors,Personally I use candle light. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (3,595 Views)
0 Kudos