Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 move - Problem with playstation eye?

I'm having problems with the playstation move eye... it works fine on regular settings but as soon as i go into my everybody dance game the video feed is so dark from the camera. help!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29 (2,434 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am having the same problem.  I tested in the settings on the PS3 and connected to my laptop.  Both produced bright images.  However, on the PS3 with Everybody Dance, the image is awfully grainy and dark to the point where I can hardly make out anyone.  Have you come to a solution yet?  There is no information of this obvious problem on the Internet.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29 (2,254 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem.  I called Sony support and after trying a number of things (deleting game files, restoring file system, etc...), the result was the same.  After running out of ideas, they told me to submit something in the support forums... so here I am.

The camera works fine when accessed from the Accessories menu and in other games, and I've even tried another camera (had an extra one that came with another bundle).  I've also tried it on the PS3 we have in our living room (2009 80GB model versus the 2007 60GB model in our games room)... still no luck.

To put it bluntly, this is crap.  I could understand if it was some obscure functionality that didn't really affect gameplay too much, but come on, it's the first thing you have to do when the game loads up and it's a total FAIL.  Having the camera recording the people at your party make asses of themselves (or totally rocking it) is the main appeal for most people purchasing this game.  Without it, you're left with a game that judges you on how well you can keep you right hand in sync with an onscreen character... about as fun as... well, it just isn't fun at all.  Sony needs to address this.

For the record, the game was purchased at Best Buy on June 21st, 2012, and is currently at V1.01 after downloading the 25MB update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29 (1,809 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Any news?

I´m having the same problem in Dance Party. and in Sports Champions 2 is so grainy that you won´t recognise yourself in the picture.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29 (1,440 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I dont know if my problem is the same of you all, but...

If i connect my PS Eye in just one USB slot, it works. But if my 2 USBs slots is with 2 hardware connected (1 with the PSEye, of course), it doesnt work my PS Eye (just the PS Eye). The image frozen. Like it is running 1 frame per 1 or 3 seconds.

I dont know what should i do.

I had a PS3 FAT 80 GB and worked perfectly with all my 4 USBs slots ocuppyed. But in my new Ultra Slim it is happening that problem.

I´ve already test with a new PS Eye in the store that i bought my PS3, and the other PS Eye worked just fine.

PS: Sorry for my english. Iam brazilian.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29 (1,379 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

@ Yamiryu2

Are you charging the controller whilst trying to use the camera??

If you are then that is your problem. Unplug the controller and your PS Eye (camera) should be fine. :smileyhappy:

Some models do not like ANY other controller (or any other peripheral) to be plugged into the PS3 whilst the Eye is plugged in.

The greedy Eye wants/needs the console all to itself or it wont work!!!  :smileywink:

Hope this helps

TinTin  :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29 (1,218 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

helo er du dansker 

i don´t know how to  connect to playststion eye

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29 (1,040 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This fixed it for me! Came here as a last resort after being on the phone to Sony who told me there is a known issue with lack of light... What an obvious thing I should have tried!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29 (999 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Greedy PS3, *shakes fist*
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29 (998 Views)
0 Kudos