By d_josephsen

d_josephsen

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS3 move - Problem with playstation eye?

28 Replies 15,310 Views Created 23-09-2010

Hey guys I bought the PS3 move starter pack at the day of release (september 15th in Denmark), and i hooked it up the very same day to test it out. It worked like a charm, but since i only had some demoes i only played for a few minutes. Yesterday i wanted to try it out again before i buy additional controllers and games, but ever since i've not been able to connect the playstation eye. I've spent the past two days googleing the problem, but i can't seem to find a solution. When i go to the menu --> accessory settings --> Camera device settings, it basically says that 'no device is found', or 'The camera in use may not be compatible with the PS3 system'. I hope some of you guys can help me.

Ps. I have the 'Fat' 60 GB PS3 version.

- Danny

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

bazzz

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazzz
Accepted Solution

Hello There,

Just could you shed a little more light on your situation :--

a)Have you tried all the USB ports on your PS3?

b)Are you using a USB hub to connect the Eye?

c)Have you tested your Eye with a PC,and did it work?(eliminate a broken camera) 

d)Have you updated your PS3 to Ver 3.50 since you last used the camera?

e)Is your PS Eye an official one?Since the 3.50 update the PS3 no longer supports unofficial controllers(not fully confirmed though).

Hopefully by answering some of the above,myself or someone else can help eliminate the issue:Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 move - Problem with playstation eye?

[ Edited ]
/16

d_josephsen

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
d_josephsen
Accepted Solution

Hey Bazz

I'll try to shed some light on the situation:

a>> I have tried all USB slots on my PS3.

b>> No, i'm not using a USB hub.

c>> I just tried to hook it up on my laptop with no luck. I installed the 'CL-eye Test' driver, but i couldn't connect the camera properly. 

d>> I updated my PS3 to version 3.50 a couple of days ago, which means that the first time i tried (and was successful) playstation move was on another firmware. 

e>> I bought the official playstation Move starter kit, which featured the playstation eye, a move controller and some demoes.

Would this indicate that the camera is broken? I find it very strange that it worked the very first time i tested it, but after an official firmware update it doesn't. 

Thanks for your help so far. :)

0 Kudos

/16

bazzz

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazzz
Accepted Solution

Sorry to hear its still not working!!

Have you the correct drivers for your PC to recognize the Eye and do you have any friends around with a PS3 to test it on?

Sorry for all the questions,but its the only process to eliminate if you've a defective PS Eye.I'm no expert!

Have you tried to connect any other USB devices to the PS3 i.e controllers?

Seems that this is a new purchase you might have to return it and get a replacement.Unless(fingers crossed that it's not) your PS3 has become defective since the update!!

0 Kudos

/16

ShadowDoGGG

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShadowDoGGG
Accepted Solution

If its easy to send back just do it. Like if its a retail store but if its online you may want to ensure it is definately faulty.

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 move - Problem with playstation eye?s e

/16

d_josephsen

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
d_josephsen
Accepted Solution

I've tried numerous USB controlled devices on my PS3, such as an external harddrive, and they run just fine. It really sounds like the device itself is broken, but what still bothers me is that it seems like it happened right after i upgraded to 3.50. Unfortunately i can't test the camera on other PS3's. I guess i'll return it to the store tomorrow. I'll give you guys an update right after i get a new one. :)

Ps. Thanks for your advices, much appreciated. 

- Danny

0 Kudos

/16

bazzz

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazzz
Accepted Solution

Again sorry to hear you had no luck with it.Hope the exchange solves the problem.Excuse my wording!But I'll keep an "Eye" on this thread,to see how you get on:smileywink:

0 Kudos

/16

d_josephsen

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
d_josephsen
Accepted Solution

Today i brought the playstation eye back to the store, and got a new one. Initial tests shows that the new camera words fine. :BigGrin:

Thanks for the big help guys! 

- Danny

0 Kudos

/16

bazzz

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazzz
Accepted Solution

Thats Great to hear,hopefully things will continue to run smoothly for you.Enjoy :Winner:

0 Kudos

/16

jesse-da-bod

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jesse-da-bod
Accepted Solution

hi guys, i am having the same problem...tried all the above...replaced the camera with a new one.. same crap, even formatted the hdd..lost all my saves....about to trade the thing in for an xbox 360...really ***** off

0 Kudos

/16

kfi

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kfi
Accepted Solution

Hello,

I just bought today my playstation move starter pack and I'm having the same problem.

I don't use any USB hub so this may not cause the problem (I have an 'old PS3' system but I think even the early PS3 systems still had USB 2.0, no?)

I tested the PS3 eye camera with my PC (on Windows XP) together with the CL-Eye Test tool and on my PC, I don't have any problems at all.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kim.

0 Kudos

/16

kfi

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kfi
Accepted Solution

Hello,

Just an update: I just got back from the store and they tested the camera that didn't worked on my system on the PS3 demo device. It worked perfectly at the store. The guy from the store gave my another camera (they were just stetting up the move for a demonstration). Got back at home and (on advice of the guy in the store) adjusted the screen output of my PS3 to 1080i instead of 1080p) then connected the new camera and everything works fine!

I then adjusted my screen output back to 1080p and the camera still works so maybe this may be a useful tip for those experiencing the same problem.

Kind regarsds,

Kim.

0 Kudos

/16

ShihKiat99

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShihKiat99
Accepted Solution
hi..can some1 help me with my move controller?when i play shooting game after calibrate for few min then the traget seems to run out from where my controller is pointing..help me pls
0 Kudos

/16

Parv-B

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Parv-B
Accepted Solution

ShihKiat, do you mean that when you calibrate, the pointer moves by itself? Or do you mean it moves in opposite direction to where your pointing? Go the accesory settings on the main ps3 menu, go to Calibrate Motion controller, press triangle, then X, then re calibrate. It should work

I'm having several problems with my Move. I was just wondering, for everyone on this topic, where should you be placing your PS Eye, because I've got mine on top of the TV, but apparently the Eye should be at waist height. Would it make much difference to where I place the Eye?

Thanks

0 Kudos

/16

ShihKiat99

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShihKiat99
Accepted Solution

parv..thanks for de help..after calibrate they will ask izzit target calibrate properly n can try shoot rite?when i shoot n move the target n aim back middle the traget will run from where i'm pointing..some help?

0 Kudos

/16

MAX2010BANGOR

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MAX2010BANGOR
Accepted Solution

Hi , Im from Argentina, excuse  my english , i have this problem with my playstation eye, yesterday i bought it and i was so happy using the move games.

Today, cant calibrate the move controllers and the camera shows a dark image showing only the lights without ilumination, i dont know if you understand me.

i restarted the system, (loosing all inside), but nothing happend.

oh, and the image should show everything like a mirror and it shows everything  wrong.

the thing that are on the left it shows on the right and viceversa.

i dont know if you anderstand me, but im in troubles here.

thank you.

Max

0 Kudos

/16

Parv-B

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Parv-B
Accepted Solution

@SHkat

I'm not sure, I'm assuming its still drifiting? Have you tried recharging the controller fully?

@MAX2010

How is your lighting? You cant have the eye camera too bright as it cannot detect the light on the Move. You also cant have the room too dark. I think the mirror think might be normal. Thats what the detection is like with some games

0 Kudos

/16

HYDRASYS

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HYDRASYS
Accepted Solution

Hello, I have the same problem with the PlayStation Eye, in the sense that is not recognized by the console, even if I go to set within the video settings .... etc accessories. To be noted that at first I played the demo of CHAMPIONS SPORTS, and everything was ok, after not even recognize the controller as iMovie.
You have solved?
Please help me

0 Kudos

/16

Undesired_Hero

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Undesired_Hero
Accepted Solution

i had the same problem yesterday. i had to shut of the power to my ps3 and restart it fully and then it worked again

0 Kudos

/16

jottum-Jay

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jottum-Jay
Accepted Solution

I plugged in my ps3 camera and when i see myself i see blue dots everywhere blue snow? Someone know the solution? Thanks :)

0 Kudos

Ps3 move problems.

/16

SupermanYu

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SupermanYu
Accepted Solution

I'm having problems with the playstation move eye... it works fine on regular settings but as soon as i go into my everybody dance game the video feed is so dark from the camera. help!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel