21 Aug 2010
Playstation Staff

Playstation Eye problem

6 Replies 2,916 Views Created 21-08-2010

Hello again, I bought my PS eye from about 1 year ago, and i didnt find alot of games for it so i forgot about it, and didnt use it till i remembered it 2 days ago when i saw the Eyepet and the new move controller

So i plugged it in the ps and i tested it by "EyeCreate" and i found the picture so unclear, I uploaded a small Video to show you what i mean:

http://yfrog.com/1121082010014z

The picture is so unclear, and i watched some youtube videos to compare the quality and i think its much better then mine, so do you think its broken? do i have to buy a new one or shall i send it to be fixed ?

I'm really confused,its so disappointing cause i thought i only need the move controller now to enjoy the PS Move,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (2,916 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation Eye problem

The almost exact same thing happened to my PS Eye back when I got it, a very fuzzy image. I'm afraid I don't have any helpful advice however as I just got a replacement.

I believe the cause of my problem was following plugging the camera into a USB extension lead, it's a long shot I realise but have you used one of these with the camera? If so, try plugging it back into the extension and seeing if that sorts it out. My guess with regards to my problem was that a faulty connection developed in the USB plug.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (2,913 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

bRe: Playstation Eye problem

i never used any extension cables :/ i even tried to use one right now but it didnt work.. i dont know if i should buy a new one or it can be fixed somehow like urs..:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (2,903 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: bRe: Playstation Eye problem

yay i fixed it, the problem was the lighting in my bedroom

It was a little dark, and when i made it darker the picture was horrible, i opened up all the light in the room and it was clear, not very clear maybe needs some more powerful light but its fixed :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks to everyone, and many thanks to alex for trying to help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (2,901 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hey hey

nice troll but . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdzaMDDDXDM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (2,887 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Well my pseye doesnt work at all when i plug it in is there a way to get it fixed?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (2,408 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation Eye problem

I'm getting the same problem. The only different thing is I can't even make out myself standing in front of it. I'll try different lightings and see if that works

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (2,204 Views)
0 Kudos