By Miths000

Miths000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Unlockable characters in Sports Champions?

28 Replies 5,574 Views Created 17-09-2010
In addition to the ten available characters in SC (full version, haven't tried the demo) there's a random selection button plus seven locked slots. Are there actually additional characters - I don't recall reading about any in reviews - and if so, does anyone know the requirements for when you start unlocking them? So far I'm only just getting started on the six disciplines, with archery being the only one where I've finished the 33 bronze matches.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
::::::::::
Currently playing: Dead Island (PC), Dirt 3 (PS3), GT5 (PS3)
PS3 video (hdmi) -> 51" Samsung PS51D550 plasma 3D TV
PS3 audio (optical) -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> Firestone Audio Cute Beyond headphone amp -> Sennheiser HD650
Additional hardware: Logitech G25 wheel/pedals, 2x Move + Nav Controller
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Miths000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Miths000
Accepted Solution
Nobody is able to answer this? Surely someone must have spent many hours playing SC already? :)
0 Kudos

Re: Unlockable characters in Sports Champions?

PS3 audio (optical) -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> Firestone Audio Cute Beyond headphone amp -> Sennheiser HD650
/16

ChambyR33

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ChambyR33
Accepted Solution

Miths000 wrote:
Nobody is able to answer this? Surely someone must have spent many hours playing SC already? :)

the last page of the manual tells you what to do!!!

win a gold cup for an event!!

0 Kudos

/16

Miths000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Miths000
Accepted Solution
There was a time where I always read manuals, even when the games were self explanatory. Perhaps I should get into that habit again :P.
0 Kudos

/16

ChambyR33

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ChambyR33
Accepted Solution

Miths000 wrote:
There was a time where I always read manuals, even when the games were self explanatory. Perhaps I should get into that habit again :P.

haha i only read it because i unlocked stone discs and groovey discs in the golf thing today and thought they were upgrades but it seems its just the looks that change and nothing else :smileysad:

0 Kudos

/16

baldy_1991

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
baldy_1991
Accepted Solution

Its called disc golf and i play it in real life i can throw farther then the people on SC and that was the main reason i got the sport package but its realy turning out to be a great game all together and im about to unlock the bocce boss and the disc golf boss !

0 Kudos

/16

TH3_NS_LEG3ND

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TH3_NS_LEG3ND
Accepted Solution
uhmm i dont know if im fully correct here but on the back of the case of sc it says there is add on content maybe the add on content IS the unlockable charactrers
0 Kudos

/16

TH3_NS_LEG3ND

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TH3_NS_LEG3ND
Accepted Solution
actully no i just read the maunual
0 Kudos

/16

ZCFlayer

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZCFlayer
Accepted Solution

If you win the gold cups you can face off against a boss character and if you beat them then you can play as them.

0 Kudos

/16

Miths000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Miths000
Accepted Solution
I just started the archery silver cup. There was a huge increase in difficulty (AI skill) over the extremely easy bronze cup, so I can imagine gold could prove quite a challenge in some of the events?

I just spent half an hour playing table tennis, which is my new favourite event in SC. It's incredibly close to how I remember real life table tennis (it has admittedly been a decade or so since the last time I played that), just with slightly less foot work - but still enough for me to work up a bit of a sweat :P.

I'm so glad I bought SC, it has by far been the highlight of my three days with Move (and even more so when I bought a second controller for particularly gladiator arena).
0 Kudos

/16

Jamie-Innes

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jamie-Innes
Accepted Solution

I just beat Bocce in gold cup...

You unlock a boss called Frankie, who's this big fat italian looking dude in a grey suit. You play him in Bocce and after beating him can use him in all the games, he appears top right in the list of unlockable characters. Not exactly the most exciting character to play, he tends to fall over a lot in Gladiator duel when you do a jump attack.

/16

baldy_1991

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
baldy_1991
Accepted Solution

just unlocked fat fingers from bocce

0 Kudos

/16

Jokked17

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jokked17
Accepted Solution

SPOILER for those who dont want to know what charecters u unlock!

++++++++

When ur finished with goldcup in gladiator fights u get to fight Titus, obviously a big gladiator with helm and some armor shoulderpads. Like the ones in old greek =) And ofc when u kill him u get to choose him as charecter.

++++++++

0 Kudos

/16

ptruf

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ptruf
Accepted Solution

When You Beat The Gold Cup On Disc Golf You Get To Play Against A Cave Man. Have Not Beat Him Yet.

0 Kudos

/16

Del_007

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Del_007
Accepted Solution

Don't think i'll be unlocking much in Table Tennis. Started Silver and i can rarely hit the ball in!! go to Bronze and i'm awesome, Silver i suck. I think theres some sort of assist on Bronze and me thinking i was awesome at Table Tennis was a lliieee!!

0 Kudos

/16

Miths000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Miths000
Accepted Solution

Del_007 wrote:

Don't think i'll be unlocking much in Table Tennis. Started Silver and i can rarely hit the ball in!! go to Bronze and i'm awesome, Silver i suck. I think theres some sort of assist on Bronze and me thinking i was awesome at Table Tennis was a lliieee!!

I also started table tennis on silver, and it immediately became obvious that on bronze difficulty there's heavy assist to help keep the ball on the table. On silver and gold you really need to be aware of the angle and direction of the bat/Move - just as the AI also gets a lot more competent, but that's definitely a good thing as bronze is a complete walk in the park in all events. I tried table tennis free play on gold and got my a** handed to me :), although I did manage to put up a fight and score a few points. I also tried disc golf on gold - on one of the holes the AI was inches away from getting a hole in one, and went under par on two out of six holes.
0 Kudos

/16

Triencus

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Triencus
Accepted Solution

Plenty of assists. Table tennis gold I have now managed to smash down on my own half of the table a couple of times. I also miss the ball a lot more and suddenly being 10-20cm off with the controller seems to matter.

On disc golf playing on gold suddenly makes me wonder if the game was slightly helping me before with subtle things like making sure the disc would tilt in the right direction, etc...

Bocce feels like it's less forgiving when throwing too hard, but that might just be me not having played it for a few days.

Actually I like the way they offer a difficulty for everyone and go from "hard to lose" with lots of assists to a real challenge.

0 Kudos

/16

OilyDischarge

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OilyDischarge
Accepted Solution

It took a while but I beat Umrog in Gold and then opened up Platinum mode.  At the end of Platinum mode you have to play against him again and it opens up Ninja Star frisbees.

He makes nearly impossible shots and took MANY times to beat him.  You have to be near perfect...

0 Kudos

/16

S3phi40T

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
S3phi40T
Accepted Solution

In Table Tennis you unlock Cyborg - "AI 8000" or something like that. He has a jets instead of legs. Platinum cup is teribble to play. I personally hate this type of playing Table Tennis: high, slow balls.

0 Kudos

/16

abarel

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
abarel
Accepted Solution

Gladiators were Roman. I know that it's easy to get them confused but it helps to use the correct society as they were very different.

0 Kudos

/16

nextbigthing91

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nextbigthing91
Accepted Solution
Agreed, the events get way harder in the jump from bronze to silver.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel