16 Jun 2010
By pjgtech
Playstation Staff

can you use the PS Move controller without a PS eye camera?

10 Replies 3,706 Views Created 16-06-2010

Hi, I am thinking of getting the new PS Move accessory, as I like the Wii motion controllers and these seem very similar, but....

Do you have to have the PS eye camera for these to work?

If so, does the PS eye camera come with the Move controllers or does it have to be bought separately?

Lastly, I see that (like the Wii) the Move has two separate controllers, are these supplied together in one bundle? or do they have to be bought separately also?

Many thanx for any info you can pass one, or if this question has alreday been asked, please point me in the right direction (did have a quick look, but couldn't see the same Q...)

Thanx     8-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (3,706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: can you use the PS Move controller without a PS eye camera?

[ Edited ]

yeah u need the camera for it to work and you can buy the move controller for about £30 without the camera and you can buy a bundle with the move controller, camera and sports champions game for 99dollas and you have to buy the sub controller aswell thats 30dollars about £20 in our money :Wink: play.com have got the move listed as 39.99

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10667267/Playstation-Move-Motion-Controller/Product.html

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (3,705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sh*t...!   So that is gonna cost almost a £100, or around £150 if you want two sets of move controllers (to play two player games)...

Hmmm. not sure that I want a PS Move *that* much if I'm honest?

Already have Wii motion controllers (with new motion sensor upgrades), plus only really play FPS on PS3 and not really any FPS games atm that make use of these new controllers on the PS3 yet, (afaik?)

Plus I also play lots of driving games on my pc's, so really not sure that this is a worthwhile purchase at this stage, maybe worth a look in six to 12 months when more games make use of the technololgy and the prices have dropped a bit....

8-(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (3,695 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (3,693 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

pjgtech wrote:

Sh*t...!   So that is gonna cost almost a £100, or around £150 if you want two sets of move controllers (to play two player games)...

Hmmm. not sure that I want a PS Move *that* much if I'm honest?

You could wait for the PS4 lol all the technology of the PS3 with the playstaion move and eyecam built in lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (3,691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah I reckon you are right, that is maybe exactly what i'll do....     8-)

For the last ten years or so I used to build a new gaming pc almost every 12 to 18 months, and I used fairly fast conponents and overclocked them for extra speed (cpu, gfx card, memory, etc) and that cost anything from around £600 to £1000 a time.

Then I realised that as I mainly use the pc for games, it was actually cheaper to just buy the latest console every two or three years (especially as I collect old consoles as well!)

Consoles are certainly easier to use than pc's, less upgrading, less compatibility probs, less constantly updating drivers, etc, etc....

8-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (3,685 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

******* Hell £160 for x2 Move, x2 Sub x1 Eye :smileyindifferent:

I don't even care about the game, rather have a sub-controller in the bundle instead of the game
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (3,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i think you only need 1 sub controller. all the co-op games i've seen don't need it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (3,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

what about the rumor that you can use a dualshock instead of the subcontroller?

Is this true?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (3,662 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think Sony desperately need to announce subsidised controllers when bought with games much like the wii.  That will help drive up both software and hardware sales, just look at how popular wii play was.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (3,660 Views)
0 Kudos