24 May 2012
By: xscapeguy2007 Member 117 Posts
Level 2

re-launch of Playstation move at E3 2012

2 Replies 285 Views Created 24-05-2012

After an interview i read about with someone seniour in Sony he said they had made lots of mistakes with the Move but this year especially E3 that would be addressed so i wonder what Sony is going to bring to the table to make this as he called it the Re lauch of the move?

Think his name was Andrew?

Terry

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: re-launch of Playstation move at E3 2012

NO he said SCEE 1st line studios ( aka the studios they own ) have to rethink their MOVE title line up.

He never mentioned E3 at all as the interview was months ago.

There will not be a relaunching of MOVE as Third party Publishers are continuing to push Move games. Even when Microsoft try to buy kinect loyalty from some developers, the third party developer still releases a Move features title of the same game. Ubisoft may push kinect hard but Move use was still in their titles.

All Sony will do is push out the MOVE promo trailers again this year, for their planned MOVE titles for 2013, With a few casual filler titles previewed from PSN exclusive download titles.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: re-launch of Playstation move at E3 2012

As you can see this is what was discussed! by Sony Canada’s Director of PR and Marketing Matt Levitan.

ML: 100%. Looking at the catalogue and release list this year, it’s a big resurgence year for Move. It’s a relaunching year, if you will. It starts with Sorcery, which comes out in May and we are very much looking forward to. We showed Sorcery a couple of years ago at E3 and it really wowed everybody and people were looking forward to it. Then it kind of went back to the drawing board for a little while and we made it more adult and darker. We aged up the main character and added some different narrative and story elements to it. I think at the end of the day it will be a much better product and will be something that a PS3 gamer will be excited about.

We also have a variety of family-friendly gamers coming down the pipe. But what I am looking more forward to is those core gaming experiences and there’s a few big ones that are coming that haven’t been announced yet, which will be announced at E3 or before, that are on this calendar year that look really good. So for anyone invested in the Move, look out. This will be a good year for content.

Terry

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)
0 Kudos