By Logicintuwisdom

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Are weak 'user interfaces' going to precipitate Technological Singularity earlier than predicted?

27 Replies 285 Views Created 03-06-2012

Accurately understanding information from a computer monitor's display is already difficult interpret. From what I can glean, the reason you can't get one to tell you coherently when there's a problem or when it's 'crashed' - is a combination of greed to get the product on the market, arrogance on the part of the manufacturer "you don't need to know this" & the fact if said computer malfunction isn't going to kill you, then it's deemed unnecessary to build redundancy into whatever the product is - courtesy to keep a customer informed doesn't seem to be an important factor.

It's being predicted, we'll be physically 'merging' with technology by the year 2050 - does anyone share my belief that because of the almost exponential (maybe it's faster than exponential) technological evolution we are a part of - that a) this transition is going to be a rather bumby road, b) poor 'user interface' may make AI systems have a need to speed up the whole process?

"Our fate was decided in a nano-second" - remember the film?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

originalhigny.png 

cat.jpg 

0 Kudos

Re: Are weak 'user interfaces' going to precipitate Technological Singularity earlier than predicted

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Do you think he'll be happy with what we've made of his thread so far then?

I think it's one of his better results if you ask me.
0 Kudos

Re: Are weak 'user interfaces' going to precipitate Technological Singularity earlier than predicted

/16

That_Soton

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
That_Soton
Accepted Solution

LOL moghal hahahahaha

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
That_Soton wrote:
Lies.... i have never tried to bully anybody on this site, im not like that i was the victim of a hate campaign that ended in failure and two members being ejected.. etc.,
I couldn't agree with you more! 
The trouble is, the people who don't get banned are sometimes the ones that commit the most offences & because they're always ingratiating themselves with what I feel are rather 'trgger-happy' moderators, they seem to get away with it!
It also seems certain words are not permissable, not because they're expletives, (as they're not asterisked out when posted), but because they're deemed politically correct. I would have thought what would have been more efficient - is that ALL non-acceptable words should get the asterisk treatment (Yes SONY, do the necessary work!), so you know where you stand and can then edit them if you wish; though I think that's probably too much to expect - it seems to much trouble for them to even spell the word 'inappropriate' properly on 24hr ban notifications!
0 Kudos

/16

stokesy131

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stokesy131
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

we'll be physically 'merging' with technology

0 Kudos

/16

That_Soton

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
That_Soton
Accepted Solution

i was just saying....

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
and I was just joking............or was I?
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel