Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

  • 104

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12 Jul 2012
By xElfenLied_US

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress

'B'?

45 Replies 301 Views Created 12-07-2012
12 Jul 2012
By xElfenLied_US

What's this blue symbol I'm seeing next to people's names, with a white B in it? Beta tester? How can I become one?

Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
15
/16

TheNarrator

  • MVP
  • Offline
92%
15 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

think this topic is still the place to go to find out about beta type information and stuffs:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Announcements/Beta-Trial-Information/td-p/11386362

 

you dont choose it, it chooses you. unless you, like, ask about it, then you could totally choose it first.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
15
/16

Warren_Jeeves

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Yes and you can't be one because you are a girl.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Yes and you can't be one because you are a girl.

So all the females that are Beta testers are just pretending then and have hacked the symbol into their names?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

If you listen to fenian and Domaniiitrix, it is a badge of honour, a code of conduct and an icon of responsibility.

 

If you listen to naive, excitable children, it is an awesome, elite club of getting early access to game demos.

 

However if you listen to genuine beta testers, it is a way for Sony to get something that is normally paid for for free, and for the testers it is unpaid work. And often quite tedious work at that.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

If you listen to fenian and Domaniiitrix, it is a badge of honour, a code of conduct and an icon of responsibility.

 

If you listen to naive, excitable children, it is an awesome, elite club of getting early access to game demos.

 

However if you listen to genuine beta testers, it is a way for Sony to get something that is normally paid for for free, and for the testers it is unpaid work. And often quite tedious work at that.


Fair enough. No thanks then, I don't work for free :D

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
15
/16

Warren_Jeeves

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
They aren't real girls they are chicks with .....
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
They aren't real girls they are chicks with .....

No you just wish they were so you can hide your attraction to men :D

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
16
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

There are women on the interwebz? :smileysurprised:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Kermit1970 wrote:

There are women on the interwebz? :smileysurprised:


Yes i've seen the pictures:Blush:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

The past few years they have just been letting randoms join. When I left it had become a dire place and chore to take part in.

 

You can pretty much igonre anything any of them have to say, I wouldnt bother asking them for help youll just get sarcasam and insulted.

 

They did used to hold beta testers to a higher standard than normal forum users, but now they dont seem to hold them to any standard cause they dont beta test anymore, they just play demo games.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

The past few years they have just been letting randoms join. When I left it had become a dire place and chore to take part in.

 

You can pretty much igonre anything any of them have to say, I wouldnt bother asking them for help youll just get sarcasam and insulted.

 

They did used to hold beta testers to a higher standard than normal forum users, but now they dont seem to hold them to any standard cause they dont beta test anymore, they just play demo games.



LOL see. How does being invited to check for map holes, glitches, exploits and stress testing "elevate you" above other forum member? Get over yourself.

 

Testing is a job, but thanks to publishers twisting "beta" into a pseudonym for "exclusive demo", people see it as something desirable. It just means Sony can use random forum members to do something for free that they would otherwise have to contract out to an external QA company, or get done in-house, at a cost.

 

The advantage to proper beta testing the way it's done is the sheer numbers of testers you can get involved which is good for stress testing online features, and leads to more issues being discovered. If the testing is done properly.

 

A good tester should be actively trying to break something, rather than just playing it and leaking exclusive videos on YouTube.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
10
/16

shanethegooner

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
93%
10 Rank
Progress
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

It's a chance to play a glorified demo.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?


OPC Football Bingo Results


[2013/2014] [2014/2015]


[2015/2016] [2016/2017]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:
LOL see. How does being invited to check for map holes, glitches, exploits and stress testing "elevate you" above other forum member? Get over yourself.

no need for personal attack. 

 

i was a tester for longer than youre a member, i simply expressed my opinion on what beta testing is. you were not around back then, you dont know, you need to calm down and realise people on this forum including non beta members might have a valid opinion and get off your high horse.

 

everything i have said is true, beta testers used to be the elite gamers picked, then they started picking random people, and now they only really play demos and stress test

you need to get over yourself.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

LOL ok fenian. I'll leave you to reminisce over the halcyon days when you were an elite gamer, hand picked to find holes in maps with the best of the best of the best. And not just some stooge Sony suckered into doing something for free that they would otherwise have to pay for.

 

Believe your own hype by all means - it certainly rubbed off on you.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

LOL ok fenian. I'll leave you to reminisce over the halcyon days when you were an elite gamer, hand picked to find holes in maps with the best of the best of the best. And not just some stooge Sony suckered into doing something for free that they would otherwise have to pay for.

 

Believe your own hype by all means - it certainly rubbed off on you.



You're just sad because you're not special :Lol: You're just a random person, you're not loved by Sony at all </3

 

:xLol:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
14
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
14 Rank
Progress
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
if you think it's so rubbish being a beta tester why do you do it? I'm sure you are allowed to hand the badge back.

Personally I think it sounds a bit boring but some people like looking for holes, errors etc in the code and perhaps it might look good on your CV.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

michelle_tabor wrote:
if you think it's so rubbish being a beta tester why do you do it? I'm sure you are allowed to hand the badge back.

Personally I think it sounds a bit boring but some people like looking for holes, errors etc in the code and perhaps it might look good on your CV.


Precisely! 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Chill out on the personal attacks guys. Its all very well to debate an issue but its not a decent enough excuse to let simmering tensions come to the boil.

 

Personally I wouldn't be a beta tester but thats because I don't like games being spoiled. All those beta's we as staff get to take part in... not for me. All those demo's that pop up to DL these days... I don't touch them. I avoid spoilers as much as possible - hard these days :(

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Flying High!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
09
/16

Phil_The_Lad

  • Offline
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Phil_The_Lad
Accepted Solution

I always thought the B stood for beta males, and by not having one I was the superior Alpha male...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Maybe they're bisexual beta males, into beer, bingo and cats?

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 'B'?

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel