EvilC

91%
04 Rank
Progress

DURING OUR DAY!!!

247 Replies 1,339 Views Created 17-06-2009
17 Jun 2009
By EvilC

During our day when a Mars Bar was 20p and you could leave your front door unlocked there was a bunch of people on here...Old Skool members. Some things wouldnt be today if it wasn't for them and wow we got forgotten. Has it been so long?

Does no one remember the forum awards? How I, FooTM and Conn organised these with miltary precision, to the stage we even asked the moderators for input for a secret forum and some freebie prizes? If it wasn't for us things like this wouldn't be. And yet look at us, we are no more, al that exsist nowis epic lulz and mudkips. And yes you herd right I do like them.

But this is not the point, we had out fun, we rebeled, we was the judge, jury and exacutioners and then they changed the forums, the rebels perma banned, the old members shunned. We was forced to pastures new and what was left is no more. Meer shadows.

I cannot walk these forums without getting shanked for my trainers now. All the young'uns, never respecting the elders! We fought the forum wars for you so you could have a better way of life and we get no appreciation topics, no mention in the hall of fame. Hell I WAS the original spammer. 16,000 posts in 3 years! 500 in one day! You guys don't even know these numbers they would give you a nose bleed. I think my final counter was way over 20,000 until they refreshed the database and all died.

So yes just remember...remember us for we are forever watching, forever hearing cos one day when you least expect it, we'll come back for what was originally ours. Peace out and look to the skys!

0 Kudos
LABELS:

PS4&Vita: EvilC | Xbox One: EvilC666 | WiiU&3DS: EvilC666
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bullit-raven

68%
02 Rank
Progress
bullit-raven
Accepted Solution

tommytyke wrote:
All we need now is Glim and his skipping competition stories.

That was one of thefunniest thread I have ever read;

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=70&thread.id=212516&view=by...

Everyone should have at least one full read of that thread. 22 pages of gold.

0 Kudos

Re: DURING OUR DAY!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tommytyke

86%
03 Rank
Progress
tommytyke
Accepted Solution

LMAO,good find bulit.

Ahhh the memories. Moglet's skipping ftw.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InsanityUK

88%
04 Rank
Progress
InsanityUK
Accepted Solution

If you never updated your old forum name with your PSN does that mean you can never log into it again?

I need to find a new forum and eventually I will be known as a founding member...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Helix_Keyblader

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Helix_Keyblader
Accepted Solution

Sadly yes, your old account would have been deleted.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

TBH the forum is no better or worse than before.

People come and go, cliques form with their in-jokes and a few stronger personalities seem to push themselves to the top of their group to be fawned by their minions. Then they'll push the boundaries in some misguided belief that they're bigger than this place and some will be banned. New people will join and the forum cycle starts all over again while the older clique feels their "grip" slipping and most will move on elsewhere with the odd post here and there about the "good old days".

The reunions happen where the old crowd reminisce about the fun they had and tell the younger ones that they owe them something for forging the path, when actually the path was already there and had been trodden many times before.

It's pretty much the same as school, each year has their own memories and "thang"s yet the innevitability of it is that some other kids will come along and make that year their own in a different way. But, to each and every one of them, their year was the best.

I've been here a while, i've seen these groups come and go, there will be more and this will happen again. You can count on that.

But none of it would happen if this forum wasn't here in the first place no matter what the guise, as Rakim once said "“It ain't where you from, it's where you at." 

0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Last_Guy

94%
05 Rank
Progress
The_Last_Guy
Accepted Solution

Mulletino wrote:

People come and go, cliques form with their in-jokes and a few stronger personalities seem to push themselves to the top of their group to be fawned by their minions. Then they'll push the boundaries in some misguided belief that they're bigger than this place and some will be banned. New people will join and the forum cycle starts all over again while the older clique feels their "grip" slipping and most will move on elsewhere with the odd post here and there about the "good old days".

The reunions happen where the old crowd reminisce about the fun they had and tell the younger ones that they owe them something for forging the path, when actually the path was already there and had been trodden many times before.

It's pretty much the same as school, each year has their own memories and "thang"s yet the innevitability of it is that some other kids will come along and make that year their own in a different way. But, to each and every one of them, their year was the best.

I've been here a while, i've seen these groups come and go, there will be more and this will happen again. You can count on that.

But none of it would happen if this forum wasn't here in the first place no matter what the guise, as Rakim once said "“It ain't where you from, it's where you at." 

I agree. (I've been around longer than my account would suggest!;))

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Mulletino wrote:

Wise and true words @Mulletino 

Well said back in 2009 and still holds true now :)

The circle of Forum life.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pav4n

94%
03 Rank
Progress
pav4n
Accepted Solution
Like mine was :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DiffoTheDragon

89%
04 Rank
Progress
DiffoTheDragon
Accepted Solution

EvilC wrote:

During our day when a Mars Bar was 20p and you could leave your front door unlocked there was a bunch of people on here...Old Skool members. Some things wouldnt be today if it wasn't for them and wow we got forgotten. Has it been so long?

Does no one remember the forum awards? How I, FooTM and Conn organised these with miltary precision, to the stage we even asked the moderators for input for a secret forum and some freebie prizes? If it wasn't for us things like this wouldn't be. And yet look at us, we are no more, al that exsist nowis epic lulz and mudkips. And yes you herd right I do like them.

But this is not the point, we had out fun, we rebeled, we was the judge, jury and exacutioners and then they changed the forums, the rebels perma banned, the old members shunned. We was forced to pastures new and what was left is no more. Meer shadows.

I cannot walk these forums without getting shanked for my trainers now. All the young'uns, never respecting the elders! We fought the forum wars for you so you could have a better way of life and we get no appreciation topics, no mention in the hall of fame. Hell I WAS the original spammer. 16,000 posts in 3 years! 500 in one day! You guys don't even know these numbers they would give you a nose bleed. I think my final counter was way over 20,000 until they refreshed the database and all died.

So yes just remember...remember us for we are forever watching, forever hearing cos one day when you least expect it, we'll come back for what was originally ours. Peace out and look to the skys!

Cough#Life Needed#Cough

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

shanethegooner

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

DiffoTheDragon wrote:

EvilC wrote:

Cough#Life Needed#Cough

:D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank