98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Does any actually like David Cameron?

105 Replies 340 Views Created 07-06-2012

It's just that every time I see him talk on TV I feel the urge to punch him in the belly and then give him a fat lip!

Everyone I know seems to have the same opinion as me, he just seems like a smarmy little posh boy that talks crap and has a face you just want to stomp on.

I've never liked any politiciansat all  (the one that did a cheeky girl gets kudos though)  but this one really grinds on me for some reason, I'm gonna bet my life that he won't win when the next elections come around. Bookmark this thread and if he does win then my life is yours!

Is there anything to like about this bloke?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

Mike939 wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Pat is older than you also.

He was probably confused by my youthful good looks. I put that down to the moisturiser.

:Lol:

X 2. 

0 Kudos

Re: Does any actually like David Cameron?

/16

anomolousblob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
anomolousblob
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Pat is older than you also.

He was probably confused by my youthful good looks. I put that down to the moisturiser.

:Lol:

X 2. 

:smileylol: Not much I can say back to that

0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

My views on the economy still stand. As for me posting rubbish, that may be true but at least I keep to the topic at hand, unlike most folk on here. The amount of crap I see on here, is more than the crap I post. :smileytongue:

Oh I've replied to that other thread about the monarch. At least I admit I'm wrong unlike you guys who sit there insulting me.

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

They are just jealous.

Although combinging taxes is pretty silly, There are multiple tax offices in Ireland at least, that should be merged into one automated system. Car tax/TV licence/Income tax/Household charges, should be able to be handled by one department in this day and age, where its all automated anyway and the reasons for creating seperate departments are largely just historic now.

If our governments were shrewd with cuts we would probably barely notice them, there is so much wastage in every are from nhs to education to the government systems themselves that there is probably billions doing absolutley nothing every year.

When they make wide sweeping cuts but a lot of the waste seems to survive the cuts, it drives me bonkers.

0 Kudos

/16

Barbie-Boy13

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Barbie-Boy13
Accepted Solution

I swear I've been farting all evening

0 Kudos

/16

Rhizobiaceae

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rhizobiaceae
Accepted Solution

Barbie-Boy13 wrote:

I swear I've been farting all evening

I've been similar if not the same

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

My views on the economy still stand. As for me posting rubbish, that may be true but at least I keep to the topic at hand, unlike most folk on here. The amount of crap I see on here, is more than the crap I post. :smileytongue:

Oh I've replied to that other thread about the monarch. At least I admit I'm wrong unlike you guys who sit there insulting me.

I know what you mean with the non stop off topic nonsense and it's getting right on my boobies too!

It's usually that Pat fella who starts it all off with his constant posting of cat pictures in threads that have nothing to do with cats at all, he even posted cat stuff in a thread all about ferrets one time:smileysurprised:

I've been trying to get him a ban for a long time now but no one seems to listen to me, the boy needs a short sharp shock, that should sort him out.

As for the name calling, Fen's probably right when he said they are jealous. I bet they wished they had come up with the idea of making council tax and road tax into one straight forward simple payment that way the people who don't drive at all can pay for the up keep of our roads, bloody free loading pedestrians have been getting away with this for far too long now (bit like Pat and his cat pictures).

It got me thinking and thanks to you I came up with this genius idea, instead of having so much tax on a packet of smokes, take half of it off and then slap it on gym membership!

Like pedestrians, these people need to be taxed more too. With gyms popping up alover the place these days and so many people using them this idea is sure to make the government  some good money while smokers get a little relief from tax for a change.

We do need to be clamping down on pedestrians and people who go to the gym, they need to be made an example of! And don't get me started on cyclists, I'll save that one for a new thread (don't want to go too far off topic like that Pat fella).

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

I know what you mean with the non stop off topic nonsense and it's getting right on my boobies too!

It's usually that Pat fella who starts it all off with his constant posting of cat pictures in threads that have nothing to do with cats at all, he even posted cat stuff in a thread all about ferrets one time:smileysurprised:

I've been trying to get him a ban for a long time now but no one seems to listen to me, the boy needs a short sharp shock, that should sort him out.

As for the name calling, Fen's probably right when he said they are jealous. I bet they wished they had come up with the idea of making council tax and road tax into one straight forward simple payment that way the people who don't drive at all can pay for the up keep of our roads, bloody free loading pedestrians have been getting away with this for far too long now (bit like Pat and his cat pictures).

It got me thinking and thanks to you I came up with this genius idea, instead of having so much tax on a packet of smokes, take half of it off and then slap it on gym membership!

A Gym membership isn't tax!

Like pedestrians, these people need to be taxed more too. With gyms popping up alover the place these days and so many people using them this idea is sure to make the government  some good money while smokers get a little relief from tax for a change.

We do need to be clamping down on pedestrians and people who go to the gym, they need to be made an example of! And don't get me started on cyclists, I'll save that one for a new thread (don't want to go too far off topic like that Pat fella).

O.K. First off; the mergence of council tax and road tax would be combined together under a new system called Council Maintenence (name mentioned in previous post) So in effect, you wouldn't even notice you were paying road or council tax, unless a report is published on council's finances. Most taxes hide the contents in which you pay for anyway, so how would this scheme be any different?

So out of the all my points made in my previous posts, this one gains the most attention and as for the David Cameron question, I already answered it in my first post; now I'm just moving the topic forward by creating some new IDEAS, not facts... IDEAS!! on how to save the economy. Kapiche!

EDIT: I've just remembered pedestrians use the roads two for biking and walking on and have you ever wondered why your stuck in traffic, it's due to a pedestrian walking on the road and blocking traffic. How many times have people blocked the roads by holding protests, rioting, street parties, parading, perviting on the queen. So yeah I'm inclined to say, that this tax would be a good thing, hence the reason why I thought of it. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

anomolousblob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
anomolousblob
Accepted Solution

I've not read anything in this thread since the last time I posted. I'm scared to incase my intellect subtracts :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

anomolousblob wrote:

I've not read anything in this thread since the last time I posted. I'm scared to incase my intellect subtracts :smileyindifferent:

It's fine. 

OFF-TOPIC: I've sent you a Cyber-Cookie to say welcome back

ON-TOPIC : David Cameron is an official Mushroom.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

O.K. First off; the mergence of council tax and road tax would be combined together under a new system called Council Maintenence (name mentioned in previous post) So in effect, you wouldn't even notice you were paying road or council tax, unless a report is published on council's finances. Most taxes hide the contents in which you pay for anyway, so how would this scheme be any different?

It could be argued that people should pay road tax regardless of their road usage (although technically it is currently a vehicle tax, so would need to be renamed). We do that already with services such as health and education. There may well be resentment from people who have recently bought a particular model of crappy low-emission car because of the low tax band though, if they then find that they needn't have bothered.

But aside from the fact that road tax doesn't go to councils today and is far from being exclusively spent on local (council maintained) roads (or indeed transport at all), what on earth do you think that combining these two taxes into one would achieve? I don't hear anyone complaining about the complexity of the tax system, at least not this part of it. And even if it did simplify the tax system in a meaningful way, you have to balance the simplicity of the tax collection system with the perceived fairness of the tax regime. Plenty of votes to be lost, but few if any to be gained.

Solutions are only efective if they solve problems. This isn't a problem that needs to be solved.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

There isn't actually a logical argument for not charging people road tax because they don't use roads. We do that already with services such as health and education. There may well be resentment from people who have recently bought a particular model of crappy low-emission car because of the low tax band though, if they then find that they needn't have bothered.

But aside from the fact that road tax doesn't go to councils today and is far from being exclusively spent on local (council maintained) roads (or indeed transport at all), what on earth do you think that combining these two taxes into one would achieve? I don't hear anyone complaining about the complexity of the tax system, at least not this part of it. And even if it did simplify the tax system in a meaningful way, you have to balance the simplicity of the tax collection system with the perceived fairness of the tax regime. Plenty of votes to be lost, but few if any to be gained.

Solutions are only efective if they solve problems. This isn't a problem that needs to be solved.

O.K. thank heavens I'm not in power then or we would all be in the stinking creek. The mergence thing was only an example, it didn't have to be them, What about child benefit and family tax credit, could they be merged? Or do you think it's not worth bothering with the mergence for taxes.

What about these two; any good to help the public save money?

• Get rid of services which are no longer required by the public or are redundent. 
  • Merging multiple businesses e.g. employment training into one national training program
  • Scrap state funding on businesses that don't need it. e.g. the BBC and help them to seek funding through other means like advertisements and media publishing.
0 Kudos

/16

anomolousblob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
anomolousblob
Accepted Solution

This isn't a problem that needs to be solved.

Why waste your time on idiots?

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

O.K. thank heavens I'm not in power then or we would all be in the stinking creek. The mergence thing was only an example, it didn't have to be them, What about child benefit and family tax credit, could they be merged? Or do you think it's not worth bothering with the mergence for taxes.

I don't understand your drive for merging taxes or goverment programs. I assume that cost savings would be the objective, but how much do you think you would really save? And how much do you think it would cost in huge government IT projects (that typically are many years late being delivered, cost many millions more than budget, and in any case don't work as intended)?

And let's not have any of that loose talk about advertising on the BBC either.

0 Kudos

/16

anomolousblob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
anomolousblob
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

I don't understand your drive for merging taxes or goverment programs. I assume that cost savings would be the objective, but how much do you think you would really save? And how much do you think it would cost in huge government IT projects (that typically are many years late being delivered, cost many millions more than budget, and in any case don't work as intended)?

I'm going to stick up for this boy because he makes a fair point.  his examples are truly terrible but i think we all know what he is trying to say. Anyway, I'm going back to bed

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

anomolousblob wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

I'm going to stick up for this boy because he makes a fair point.  his examples are truly terrible but i think we all know what he is trying to say. Anyway, I'm going back to bed

I know what he's trying to say, I just don't know why he's trying to say it.

There are far bigger issue for the government to solve than the structure of the taxation system. But given that they can't even put VAT on pasties and caravans I don't hold out much hope for anything more complex.

0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

In order to answer your question I'll need a financial adviser, as I'm no good with figures; but I would assume that we would make a significant amount of savings without taking into account all that twoddle about merging taxes.

Saving the public money is key to a growing economy, in other words; it's the public that put the most money into the pot to get the wheel circulating again. Cuts don't save money, they only grind it to a halt, that's why we're not moving forward. As public spending decreases, so does the economy. 

The BBC constitutes as a main deficit in my book; as the public and government puts money towards funding this business only for us not to see a return in profits and service. We now have to pay a seperate Subscriber to give us what the TV Licence should promise us and that is to watch Live Broadcast television. If you currently unplug Freeview, Freesat, BT Vision, Virgin Media, Sky or any other TV service away from the TV, I bet you still won't get a picture,  which makes the licence ineffective and obsolete. Other countries get the BBC free, so why can't we and who came up with this idea anyway of ripping off Britain with this scheme? It's worser; than what I was proposing with my idea of merging taxes. 

The more I write Merging taxes, it sounds like something David cameron would come up with. So I don't think I'll bother with that one ever again lol, it seems too dirty and risky. I think the other points are valid though, still.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

Saving the public money is key to a growing economy, in other words; it's the public that put the most money into the pot to get the wheel circulating again. Cuts don't save money, they only grind it to a halt, that's why we're not moving forward. As public spending decreases, so does the economy. 

Balancing spending on public services with tax revenues is certainly key to a growing economy, and we're a very long way from that. You can either make cuts or increase taxation. Both have many other consequences, but the simple reality is that we are living beyond our means and whichever way you look at it that is not sustainable. It'll be even less sustainable as our debt continues to increase, our credit rating is (inevitably) downgraded, and our interest charges become even higher. Right now our interest charges are well in excess of £100m a day. You'd have to come up with some pretty dramatic efficiency savings to save that much a year. You still say that cuts don't save money?

Clearly economics is a very complex area and not one in which I have any expertise, but it seems to me that we have to focus on creating the conditions in which small businesses can be started and then grow, employing people as they work towards creating profitable exports of goods and services. That's an area in which taxation should be simplified and reduced, although right now the lack of investment funding is probably the main issue.

Simply 'saving the public money' is far too simplistic. Every pound that someone doesn't have to pay is a pound that someone else doesn't have to spend, just shifting the problem around. Every cost saving is a cost to someone else.

I'm not going to go into that BBC stuff in any detail as it's largely unrelated. But that's a simple choice: pay a licence fee for a BBC with no advertising or commercial influence, or don't pay and have the BBC plummet to the levels of the ITV companies (and many Sky channels) who have to cater for the people who read Heat Magazine and buy Pot Noodles.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution
Laras, just stop now. You're embarrassing yourself.
0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

James91 wrote:
Laras, just stop now. You're embarrassing yourself.

No I'm not actually. My point is my point and I don't care what people on this forum say. You have your say and I'll have mine. The end. There is absolutly no way I can share my view on these forums without getting some sort of reprisal from other members so why do I even bother. 

"The only time my posts get excepted is when I talk about fluffy pink kittens or dancing rainbow dogs. Any other time only elite members are allowed to have their say whilst everyone else gets abuse Those are the rules nowadays concocted by members who been here since the dark ages".

So James91, you carry on writing your critisizing crap if you like or join your other insulting freinds... I don't care. 

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

"The only time my posts get excepted is when I talk about fluffy pink kittens or dancing rainbow dogs. Any other time only elite members are allowed to have their say whilst everyone else gets abuse Those are the rules nowadays concocted by members who been here since the dark ages".

People disagreeing with you is not the same as you not being 'allowed to have your say'. You are as free as anyone else to argue your points, but don't make yourself out to be a forum victim. That just sounds pathetic.

Disagreement is the basis of any discussion forum worth reading. Although of course you may disagree.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel