Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 135

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

18 Mar 2010
By Gawge

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

43 Replies 425 Views Created 18-03-2010

Any tips?

 

I am both nervous and excited, I have never even started a car before. I don't really know anything about it and tomorrow is my first lesson.

 

I'm getting picked up from College by the instructor at 3:30 and assume that i'll be taken to somewhere that isn't very busy to try and learn how to start a car etc...

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

Gamerwillz

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gamerwillz
Accepted Solution

Just stay calm and cool. Drive slowly and take your time. Ignore tail-gaters behind you.

 

I was nervous when I was doing the beginning stage of driving lessons. But now I got a full UK driving license. Mmwahahahaa! Joking. :smileytongue:

 

Anyway, I got started by driving through residential areas of York which is a quiet place, and got a grip of driving. So your instructor should take you to calm areas for a start.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

[ Edited ]
05
/16

techwondo

  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
techwondo
Accepted Solution
Just pay attention.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

Photobucket
04
/16

jack--sos

  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jack--sos
Accepted Solution

Your instructor will take you somewhere quite, without many junctions or challenges, don't worry you wont have to deal with anything too tricky until you've got used to driving.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

Photobucket
05
/16

hydra25

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hydra25
Accepted Solution
Careful now.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow


07
/16

R_07

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
R_07
Accepted Solution
I'm about to start learning to drive, I'm 18 now (had to save up) but I've finally amassed enough WONNGAAAA (hate that advert ¬_¬) to pay for lessons. :D

I too am excited and nervous, let's learn together! ;) :smileytongue:
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

05
/16

dylanireland

  • Offline
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dylanireland
Accepted Solution
First time in a car?! wow lol..but ya goodluck...!
Here in ireland, everone usually drives a car atleast once at the age of 13/14 or so...
Especially sense we have lots of land, people usually get field cars which are good craic!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow


06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

dylanireland wrote:
First time in a car?! wow lol..but ya goodluck...!
Here in ireland, everone usually drives a car atleast once at the age of 13/14 or so...
Especially sense we have lots of land, people usually get field cars which are good craic!

they dont have field cars in dublin.. :-/
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

Neven_Salom

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neven_Salom
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I've got advice...

You may be driving at a car park or a very quiet area as it is your first lesson, but I'll give you my random personal advice anyway, for future reference. :P

 

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about, it's ***** easy.

 

Secondly, keep your eyes on the road and concentrate, but don't go over the top, stay relaxed whilst driving.

 

Thirdly, regarding gear changing; the first gear is most difficult. At first, I recommend you slowly lift your foot off of the clutch whilst EXTREMELY gently using the gas pedal lightly. It shouldn't take too long for you to get the feel of the clutch to gas ratio required for the car to have a good, smooth start. Getting grips with the biting point is vital for you to learn fast. Take in mind that different cars have different clutches, thus changing the biting point.

 

REMEMBER - the more power the car needs to move (steep/hill), the harder you must push the gas pedal, whilst lifting off the clutch obviously.

 

Fourthly, regarding tailgaters, don't worry about them. Signal when turning and drive however you're comfortable with at the time.

 

Fifthly, drive at or lower than the speed limit for the particular road, however, attempt to not drive under 10-15MPH of the speed limit of the particular road. This will benefit your confidence, and not be the cause of other drivers being delayed.

 

Tell me if you have a question or want to say something about anything I said. :)

 

Have fun!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

shawty1984

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawty1984
Accepted Solution

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

Yeah, I've got advice...

You may be driving at a car park or a very quiet area as it is your first lesson, but I'll give you my random personal advice anyway, for future reference. :P

 

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about, it's ***** easy.

 

Secondly, keep your eyes on the road and concentrate, but don't go over the top, stay relaxed whilst driving.

 

Thirdly, regarding gear changing; the first gear is most difficult. At first, I recommend you slowly lift your foot off of the clutch whilst EXTREMELY gently using the gas pedal lightly. It shouldn't take too long for you to get the feel of the clutch to gas ratio required for the car to have a good, smooth start. Getting grips with the biting point is vital for you to learn fast. Take in mind that different cars have different clutches, thus changing the biting point.

 

REMEMBER - the more power the car needs to move (steep/hill), the harder you must push the gas pedal, whilst lifting off the clutch obviously.

 

Fourthly, regarding tailgaters, don't worry about them. Signal when turning and drive however you're comfortable with at the time.

 

Fifthly, drive at or lower than the speed limit for the particular road, however, attempt to not drive under 10-15MPH of the speed limit of the particular road. This will benefit your confidence, and not be the cause of other drivers being delayed.

 

Tell me if you have a question or want to say something about anything I said. :)

 

Have fun!


 

You should never drive lower than the speed limit, not by 10 -15mph anyway, unless conditions are bad.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

Neven_Salom

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neven_Salom
Accepted Solution

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

Yeah, I've got advice...

You may be driving at a car park or a very quiet area as it is your first lesson, but I'll give you my random personal advice anyway, for future reference. :P

 

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about, it's ***** easy.

 

Secondly, keep your eyes on the road and concentrate, but don't go over the top, stay relaxed whilst driving.

 

Thirdly, regarding gear changing; the first gear is most difficult. At first, I recommend you slowly lift your foot off of the clutch whilst EXTREMELY gently using the gas pedal lightly. It shouldn't take too long for you to get the feel of the clutch to gas ratio required for the car to have a good, smooth start. Getting grips with the biting point is vital for you to learn fast. Take in mind that different cars have different clutches, thus changing the biting point.

 

REMEMBER - the more power the car needs to move (steep/hill), the harder you must push the gas pedal, whilst lifting off the clutch obviously.

 

Fourthly, regarding tailgaters, don't worry about them. Signal when turning and drive however you're comfortable with at the time.

 

Fifthly, drive at or lower than the speed limit for the particular road, however, attempt to not drive under 10-15MPH of the speed limit of the particular road. This will benefit your confidence, and not be the cause of other drivers being delayed.

 

Tell me if you have a question or want to say something about anything I said. :)

 

Have fun!


 

You should never drive lower than the speed limit, not by 10 -15mph anyway, unless conditions are bad.

 


 

 

Haha, I don't know if you're being serious or not, but yeah...

There are drivers (especially learner drivers), that drive slow. I said 10-15MPH because, let's take a main dual carriageway for example and the speed limit is 50 or 60, basically, try not to drive below 35 if 50MPH was the speed limit, or try not to drive slower than approximately 40-45MPH in a 60MPH zone.

 

Ya get me?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

shawty1984

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawty1984
Accepted Solution

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

Yeah, I've got advice...

You may be driving at a car park or a very quiet area as it is your first lesson, but I'll give you my random personal advice anyway, for future reference. :P

 

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about, it's ***** easy.

 

Secondly, keep your eyes on the road and concentrate, but don't go over the top, stay relaxed whilst driving.

 

Thirdly, regarding gear changing; the first gear is most difficult. At first, I recommend you slowly lift your foot off of the clutch whilst EXTREMELY gently using the gas pedal lightly. It shouldn't take too long for you to get the feel of the clutch to gas ratio required for the car to have a good, smooth start. Getting grips with the biting point is vital for you to learn fast. Take in mind that different cars have different clutches, thus changing the biting point.

 

REMEMBER - the more power the car needs to move (steep/hill), the harder you must push the gas pedal, whilst lifting off the clutch obviously.

 

Fourthly, regarding tailgaters, don't worry about them. Signal when turning and drive however you're comfortable with at the time.

 

Fifthly, drive at or lower than the speed limit for the particular road, however, attempt to not drive under 10-15MPH of the speed limit of the particular road. This will benefit your confidence, and not be the cause of other drivers being delayed.

 

Tell me if you have a question or want to say something about anything I said. :)

 

Have fun!


 

You should never drive lower than the speed limit, not by 10 -15mph anyway, unless conditions are bad.

 


 

 

Haha, I don't know if you're being serious or not, but yeah...

There are drivers (especially learner drivers), that drive slow. I said 10-15MPH because, let's take a main dual carriageway for example and the speed limit is 50 or 60, basically, try not to drive below 35 if 50MPH was the speed limit, or try not to drive slower than approximately 40-45MPH in a 60MPH zone.

 

Ya get me?


 

No I dont. If the limit is 60mph, you should be close enough to 60mph and not 10-15mph slower. You can get done for going to slow, especially on faster roads. Even as a learner driver, one of the first things your taught is to keep to the speed limit.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

Neven_Salom

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neven_Salom
Accepted Solution

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

Yeah, I've got advice...

You may be driving at a car park or a very quiet area as it is your first lesson, but I'll give you my random personal advice anyway, for future reference. :P

 

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about, it's ***** easy.

 

Secondly, keep your eyes on the road and concentrate, but don't go over the top, stay relaxed whilst driving.

 

Thirdly, regarding gear changing; the first gear is most difficult. At first, I recommend you slowly lift your foot off of the clutch whilst EXTREMELY gently using the gas pedal lightly. It shouldn't take too long for you to get the feel of the clutch to gas ratio required for the car to have a good, smooth start. Getting grips with the biting point is vital for you to learn fast. Take in mind that different cars have different clutches, thus changing the biting point.

 

REMEMBER - the more power the car needs to move (steep/hill), the harder you must push the gas pedal, whilst lifting off the clutch obviously.

 

Fourthly, regarding tailgaters, don't worry about them. Signal when turning and drive however you're comfortable with at the time.

 

Fifthly, drive at or lower than the speed limit for the particular road, however, attempt to not drive under 10-15MPH of the speed limit of the particular road. This will benefit your confidence, and not be the cause of other drivers being delayed.

 

Tell me if you have a question or want to say something about anything I said. :)

 

Have fun!


 

You should never drive lower than the speed limit, not by 10 -15mph anyway, unless conditions are bad.

 


 

 

Haha, I don't know if you're being serious or not, but yeah...

There are drivers (especially learner drivers), that drive slow. I said 10-15MPH because, let's take a main dual carriageway for example and the speed limit is 50 or 60, basically, try not to drive below 35 if 50MPH was the speed limit, or try not to drive slower than approximately 40-45MPH in a 60MPH zone.

 

Ya get me?


 

No I dont. If the limit is 60mph, you should be close enough to 60mph and not 10-15mph slower. You can get done for going to slow, especially on faster roads. Even as a learner driver, one of the first things your taught is to keep to the speed limit.

 


 

 

Lol I hope you're not trolling me.

 

My point is that THERE ARE drivers like that OUT THERE.

IT IS WRONG.

 

I'm on your side mate! :P

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

shawty1984

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawty1984
Accepted Solution

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

Yeah, I've got advice...

You may be driving at a car park or a very quiet area as it is your first lesson, but I'll give you my random personal advice anyway, for future reference. :P

 

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about, it's ***** easy.

 

Secondly, keep your eyes on the road and concentrate, but don't go over the top, stay relaxed whilst driving.

 

Thirdly, regarding gear changing; the first gear is most difficult. At first, I recommend you slowly lift your foot off of the clutch whilst EXTREMELY gently using the gas pedal lightly. It shouldn't take too long for you to get the feel of the clutch to gas ratio required for the car to have a good, smooth start. Getting grips with the biting point is vital for you to learn fast. Take in mind that different cars have different clutches, thus changing the biting point.

 

REMEMBER - the more power the car needs to move (steep/hill), the harder you must push the gas pedal, whilst lifting off the clutch obviously.

 

Fourthly, regarding tailgaters, don't worry about them. Signal when turning and drive however you're comfortable with at the time.

 

Fifthly, drive at or lower than the speed limit for the particular road, however, attempt to not drive under 10-15MPH of the speed limit of the particular road. This will benefit your confidence, and not be the cause of other drivers being delayed.

 

Tell me if you have a question or want to say something about anything I said. :)

 

Have fun!


 

You should never drive lower than the speed limit, not by 10 -15mph anyway, unless conditions are bad.

 


 

 

Haha, I don't know if you're being serious or not, but yeah...

There are drivers (especially learner drivers), that drive slow. I said 10-15MPH because, let's take a main dual carriageway for example and the speed limit is 50 or 60, basically, try not to drive below 35 if 50MPH was the speed limit, or try not to drive slower than approximately 40-45MPH in a 60MPH zone.

 

Ya get me?


 

No I dont. If the limit is 60mph, you should be close enough to 60mph and not 10-15mph slower. You can get done for going to slow, especially on faster roads. Even as a learner driver, one of the first things your taught is to keep to the speed limit.

 


 

 

Lol I hope you're not trolling me.

 

My point is that THERE ARE drivers like that OUT THERE.

IT IS WRONG.

 

I'm on your side mate! :P


 

I dont understand at what your getting at.

Your giving advice to someone, telling them not to drive slower than 10-15mph slower than the limit, why? Your advice should be stick to the limit, not drive considerbely slower. If a learner driver was doing 35-40mph on a 50mph limit, they would be told to speed up by their instructor and also if in a test, no doubt it would be at least a minor.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Neven_Salom wrote:
Lol I hope you're not trolling me.

 


He is.. But youre right, you can drive slower than the limit if you want, but for the test you will have to drive up to the limit whenever possible and to drive at it wherever possible.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

shawty1984

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawty1984
Accepted Solution

 


fenian wrote:

Neven_Salom wrote:
Lol I hope you're not trolling me.

 


He is.. But youre right, you can drive slower than the limit if you want, but for the test you will have to drive up to the limit whenever possible and to drive at it wherever possible.


 

Im not and he isnt.

You should not be driving that much slower be it a lesson, test or under normal driving conditions when you have passed. Not only is it classed as dangerous driving, you can get done for it.

Let me put this to you, if you say dont do it in your test, then why would you do it anywhere else?

If you have a good driving instructor, he should be telling you to drive to the speed limit, not 10-15mph under it.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

shawty1984 wrote:

 

Im not and he isnt.

You should not be driving that much slower be it a lesson, test or under normal driving conditions when you have passed. Not only is it classed as dangerous driving, you can get done for it.

Let me put this to you, if you say dont do it in your test, then why would you do it anywhere else?

If you have a good driving instructor, he should be telling you to drive to the speed limit, not 10-15mph under it.

 


You are and he is.

 

1. Since youre one for the technicalities, im glad you changed it to conditions permitting :)

2. Ive yet to use a motorway in the uk or Ireland where everyone in the driving lane drives at the speed limit, thats why they have an overtaking lane, not fast lane. If it was an offence to drive under the limit, why do motorways come built with an overtaking lane? (its normal to see people doing 60 on the motorway).

3. I said do it in the test because in the test and in general you dont hold people up, and you make progress, however if youre out for a sunday drive, on a dual carriageway driving 10mph under the top speed limit is neither dangerous, nor will it get you a ticket.

 

If youre not holding anyone up, and youre not being dangerous, you can drive at whatever speed you think is appropriate, in the test you have to assume you are holding people up, and you have to make progress.

 

10 - 20% lower than the absolute maximum allowed for a road is not dangerous at all..

 

Have you even looked at road markings? they come with dashed lines, what does that mean? you can overtake.. why would you need to overtake if it everyone drove within 5mph of the speed limit? I spose its just there for tractors?

 

do you even have a driving licence, or is your experience limited to games and what you seen on youtube?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

[ Edited ]

04
/16

thenextbutton

  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thenextbutton
Accepted Solution

You will probably only get to steer the car the first time. He will probably ask you to rest your feet on the pedals but apply no pressure, he will do the rest. You will no doubt go to an industrial estate for your first 3 to 4 lessons.

 

Stay calm, relax and have fun. Driving is brilliant, some people take it for granted but remember it is a privilege to drive not a right!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow



Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<
02
/16

shawty1984

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawty1984
Accepted Solution

 


fenian wrote:

shawty1984 wrote:

 

Im not and he isnt.

You should not be driving that much slower be it a lesson, test or under normal driving conditions when you have passed. Not only is it classed as dangerous driving, you can get done for it.

Let me put this to you, if you say dont do it in your test, then why would you do it anywhere else?

If you have a good driving instructor, he should be telling you to drive to the speed limit, not 10-15mph under it.

 


You are and he is.

 

1. Since youre one for the technicalities, im glad you changed it to conditions permitting :)

2. Ive yet to use a motorway in the uk or Ireland where everyone in the driving lane drives at the speed limit, thats why they have an overtaking lane, not fast lane. If it was an offence to drive under the limit, why do motorways come built with an overtaking lane? (its normal to see people doing 60 on the motorway).

3. I said do it in the test because in the test and in general you dont hold people up, and you make progress, however if youre out for a sunday drive, on a dual carriageway driving 10mph under the top speed limit is neither dangerous, nor will it get you a ticket.

 

If youre not holding anyone up, and youre not being dangerous, you can drive at whatever speed you think is appropriate, in the test you have to assume you are holding people up, and you have to make progress.

 

10 - 20% lower than the absolute maximum allowed for a road is not dangerous at all..

 

Have you even looked at road markings? they come with dashed lines, what does that mean? you can overtake.. why would you need to overtake if it everyone drove within 5mph of the speed limit? I spose its just there for tractors?

 

do you even have a driving licence, or is your experience limited to games and what you seen on youtube?


 

People driving under the limit is the cause of many accidents, esepcially on Mototrways and Dual carriage ways when they need to overtake a lorry that is speed restricted and need to pull out onto the overtaking lane into much faster traffic.

Also Im not really the one saying it is dangerous, as you can get done for it, thats more like the Police saying it is dangerous, especially something like 35mph in a 50mph.

And if your going to keep to the speed limit in your test, you should be doing it outside of the test. The reason why you wouldnt go 35mph in a 50mph limit in your test (like you say conditions permiting) is because its wrong and at the least would get a minor for it, or maybe even a major (Im not sure on that one) so if not doing it in the test, dont do it else where.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

Neven_Salom

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neven_Salom
Accepted Solution

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


fenian wrote:

shawty1984 wrote:

 

Im not and he isnt.

You should not be driving that much slower be it a lesson, test or under normal driving conditions when you have passed. Not only is it classed as dangerous driving, you can get done for it.

Let me put this to you, if you say dont do it in your test, then why would you do it anywhere else?

If you have a good driving instructor, he should be telling you to drive to the speed limit, not 10-15mph under it.

 


You are and he is.

 

1. Since youre one for the technicalities, im glad you changed it to conditions permitting :)

2. Ive yet to use a motorway in the uk or Ireland where everyone in the driving lane drives at the speed limit, thats why they have an overtaking lane, not fast lane. If it was an offence to drive under the limit, why do motorways come built with an overtaking lane? (its normal to see people doing 60 on the motorway).

3. I said do it in the test because in the test and in general you dont hold people up, and you make progress, however if youre out for a sunday drive, on a dual carriageway driving 10mph under the top speed limit is neither dangerous, nor will it get you a ticket.

 

If youre not holding anyone up, and youre not being dangerous, you can drive at whatever speed you think is appropriate, in the test you have to assume you are holding people up, and you have to make progress.

 

10 - 20% lower than the absolute maximum allowed for a road is not dangerous at all..

 

Have you even looked at road markings? they come with dashed lines, what does that mean? you can overtake.. why would you need to overtake if it everyone drove within 5mph of the speed limit? I spose its just there for tractors?

 

do you even have a driving licence, or is your experience limited to games and what you seen on youtube?


 

People driving under the limit is the cause of many accidents, esepcially on Mototrways and Dual carriage ways when they need to overtake a lorry that is speed restricted and need to pull out onto the overtaking lane into much faster traffic.

Also Im not really the one saying it is dangerous, as you can get done for it, thats more like the Police saying it is dangerous, especially something like 35mph in a 50mph.

And if your going to keep to the speed limit in your test, you should be doing it outside of the test. The reason why you wouldnt go 35mph in a 50mph limit in your test (like you say conditions permiting) is because its wrong and at the least would get a minor for it, or maybe even a major (Im not sure on that one) so if not doing it in the test, dont do it else where.

 


I feel like finding out what the law says and shove it in your face!
Lol. ;)

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

02
/16

shawty1984

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawty1984
Accepted Solution

 


Neven_Salom wrote:

 


shawty1984 wrote:

 


fenian wrote:

shawty1984 wrote:

 

Im not and he isnt.

You should not be driving that much slower be it a lesson, test or under normal driving conditions when you have passed. Not only is it classed as dangerous driving, you can get done for it.

Let me put this to you, if you say dont do it in your test, then why would you do it anywhere else?

If you have a good driving instructor, he should be telling you to drive to the speed limit, not 10-15mph under it.

 


You are and he is.

 

1. Since youre one for the technicalities, im glad you changed it to conditions permitting :)

2. Ive yet to use a motorway in the uk or Ireland where everyone in the driving lane drives at the speed limit, thats why they have an overtaking lane, not fast lane. If it was an offence to drive under the limit, why do motorways come built with an overtaking lane? (its normal to see people doing 60 on the motorway).

3. I said do it in the test because in the test and in general you dont hold people up, and you make progress, however if youre out for a sunday drive, on a dual carriageway driving 10mph under the top speed limit is neither dangerous, nor will it get you a ticket.

 

If youre not holding anyone up, and youre not being dangerous, you can drive at whatever speed you think is appropriate, in the test you have to assume you are holding people up, and you have to make progress.

 

10 - 20% lower than the absolute maximum allowed for a road is not dangerous at all..

 

Have you even looked at road markings? they come with dashed lines, what does that mean? you can overtake.. why would you need to overtake if it everyone drove within 5mph of the speed limit? I spose its just there for tractors?

 

do you even have a driving licence, or is your experience limited to games and what you seen on youtube?


 

People driving under the limit is the cause of many accidents, esepcially on Mototrways and Dual carriage ways when they need to overtake a lorry that is speed restricted and need to pull out onto the overtaking lane into much faster traffic.

Also Im not really the one saying it is dangerous, as you can get done for it, thats more like the Police saying it is dangerous, especially something like 35mph in a 50mph.

And if your going to keep to the speed limit in your test, you should be doing it outside of the test. The reason why you wouldnt go 35mph in a 50mph limit in your test (like you say conditions permiting) is because its wrong and at the least would get a minor for it, or maybe even a major (Im not sure on that one) so if not doing it in the test, dont do it else where.

 


I feel like finding out what the law says and shove it in your face!
Lol. ;)

 

 


 

As far as Im aware, there is no law on it as such and I think its classed as dangerous driving or failure to make progress.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: First Driving Lesson Tomorrow

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel