71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Formula One Thread

4,003 Replies 19,369 Views Created 19-06-2007
ok so I noticed that there are a lot of scattered F1 grand prix threads out there so I thought we should make a thread for all things F1 where we can discuss the races gone or upcoming and any other Formula One Related Topic:) . also IF this thread becomes successful IF, we might get it made into a sticky so we can find it. Ok so i'm gonna post the remaning Grand Prix dates for the 2007 F1 season. These dates are the actual Race Day (sunday) dates. France: Magny-Cours: 1st July Britain: Silverstone: 8th July Europe: Nurburg: 22nd July Hungary: Budapest: 5th August Turkey: Istanbul: 26th August Italy: Monza: 9th September Belgium: Spa-Francorchamps: 16th September Japan: Fuji Speedway: 30th September China: Shanghai: 7th October Brazil: Sao Paulo: 21st October I'm Looking forward to the French Grand Prix as Honda will reveal their new and hopefully WORKING car:D :gr8: For More Formula One Info Clicky to the Official Formula One Website
LABELS:
Formerly Known as DAV on the old forums.......if anyone actually remembers me
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

babaoriley3

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
babaoriley3
Accepted Solution
Hamilton flying in practice, fastest in both sessions, afternoon was a 1-3 for McLaren, and a 2-4 for Mercedes, looks like being a shootout between them for pole, but when has practice ever shown what the race would be like :Lol:
0 Kudos

Re: Formula One Thread

/16

Tilly-uk

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tilly-uk
Accepted Solution

Great race, gutted for Perez, really thought he was going to win, but it just wasnt to be :(

That Sauber team is awesome, just please Perez, dont go to ferrari because i wont like you at all if you do :lol:

Hamilton is starting to turn into Trulli, having great qualifying pace and then not being fast enough in the race :(

He was there before the SC, but after the SC he seemed to just not be fast enough. 

Great drives from Kimi, Senna and Vergne aswell, How he drove in those conditions on inters i dont know.

Roll on China! 

0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution
I was cheering for Perez to get the win haha! :D
0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

/16

DJ91rocks

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DJ91rocks
Accepted Solution

Was routing for Perez to win and it was a shame he went off, Massa is not in it at all and with many saying that Perez could replace him within the next few races (who knows:smileyfrustrated:).

Vettel disappointed me with his gesture and comments regarding Karthikeyan after the race as for me it seemed that Vettel cut across him early (not for the first time I think).

Jenson, the quicker he forgets about that race the better :smileytongue:, whilst Lewis settling for third after two poor pit stops and being consistent in the first couple of races gaining points whilst some Championship rivals not getting any seems to show that he has matured and knows that consistency is better than getting the odd race win the having collisions and ruining his race, but it seems McLaren don't have great pace in the wet.

Need to see a dry, uneventful race to see where most of the teams are pace wise.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

skells22

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skells22
Accepted Solution

it is chinese GP time but we need a very fast call from the F1 teams about Bahrain. (2 year running we have this issue) this is causing me and also BBC & Sky major headaches. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE DURING THE 3 WEEK BREAK and not last minute!

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2
/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution
^ Why is it causing you issues? :|
0 Kudos

/16

skells22

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skells22
Accepted Solution

because we have not have any news about if it is canned or not (+ it also causes sight headache for support races) and we will be getting this answer this weekend, these teams should have come togother during the 3 week break not wait until the Chinese round to make just a yes or no call!

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2
/16

martyn__gibbs

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martyn__gibbs
Accepted Solution

They shouldn't race there tbh, they clearly can't guarantee the safety of the teams :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

fets81

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fets81
Accepted Solution

it'll never go ahead

tbh though i'd rather they just re-instated imola & head into the euorpean season ealrier, bahrain's an awful circuit & even though we havn't seen a race with drs there i doubt it'd significantly improve upon the substandard races that have taken place there pretty much since it inception

0 Kudos

photo a0739668-2a6e-4e93-9ee7-b928c951013a_zpscd9ba8f7.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/http://www.buttonshut.com/
/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution
If the FIA rule Mercedes' front wing DRS system to be illegal it would be a travisty to all of Motorsport. I believe this for two reasons:

1 - The FIA stated several times to Mercedes that it was legal, so backtracking after it has been installed is not professional in any way and makes a mockery of motorsport considering the FIA is the biggest authority group in motorsport.

2 - After being told and threatened with legal action, teams had to find ways to make cheap advances in a bid to curb the spiralling costs of racing in Formula One. Mercedes have found such a way to keep progress cheap, what kind of message does it send to see that innovative piece of technology banned?
0 Kudos

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

Beta Tester
/16

fets81

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fets81
Accepted Solution
You have to look fully at the context of the argument.
The "f-duct" is only activated when drs is activated, so redbull an lotus say its driver activated, by pushing the drs button it activates the f-duct ( illegal )

Mercedes say it a consequence of the drs being open and is infact a passive device ( legal )

Thing is you start playing the " indirect consequence of a direct action " your opening a massive can of worms, whiting an the fia rarely ban a device for its intended use, it's usually because of the possible future exploitation leaving such devices in could lead to an this case is no different, redbull an lotus are essentially asking " can we circumnavigate any rule in f1 if we alter the order of process of any banned regulation an word it appropriately ?"

Personally I think the fia will deem it legal an then ban any wing stalling devices in any way from next season
0 Kudos

/16

skells22

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skells22
Accepted Solution

well, the Bahrain GP did go ahead and now we are at 4 winners in the 1st 4 GPs so it looks like this championship will be close this year.  

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2
/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

Even better is Alonso didn't win in the last race or reach the poduim, the spoilt brat even had something to complain about regarding Rosberg. I hate that jerk, wish he wasn't in F1 at all.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution
Tbf I would have complained about Rosberg too.He did the same thing twice.
0 Kudos

/16

DJ91rocks

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DJ91rocks
Accepted Solution

Kiez wrote:
Tbf I would have complained about Rosberg too.He did the same thing twice.

Agreed, he did move once but making Lewis and Fernando go off track was too far imo.

0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

I thought Rosberg would get some sort of penalty whether it be set for that race or the next one, but from what I've heard he's got away with both!

Anyway I'm loving F1 this season with all the different winners.

Schumacher next please? :D

0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

/16

Tilly-uk

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tilly-uk
Accepted Solution

Link

"We can now reveal the official partnership launch will take place at the Spanish Grand Prix next week. From then, the Champions League finalists' crest will proudly be displayed on the cars of drivers Kamui Kobayashi, of Japan, and Mexico's Sergio Perez."

Safe to say im now a full on sauber fan! :lol:

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

fets81

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fets81
Accepted Solution

mclaren to run a new nose & possibly brake duct ventilation system at montmelo this weekend

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketinitial thoughts are the new revolutionary brake duct system could give them the ability to manually control tire pressures & temperatures during the race
0 Kudos

/16

skells22

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skells22
Accepted Solution

another race, another winner but sightly marred by events afterwards and it our 2nd 1st time winner of the season as well,  I like british teams during well so can i say well done Paster for being the guy to bring back the winning ways for Williams. and for those injured get well soon.

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2
/16

martyn__gibbs

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martyn__gibbs
Accepted Solution

skells22 wrote:

another race, another winner but sightly marred by events afterwards and it our 2nd 1st time winner of the season as well,  I like british teams during well so can i say well done Paster for being the guy to bring back the winning ways for Williams. and for those injured get well soon.

Good to see Williams win but F1 is becoming a bit of a joke. Hamilton is put to the back of the grid for accidentally being under-fuelled but Schumacher only gets a 5 place grid penalty for smashing Senna off the track? :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

/16

skells22

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skells22
Accepted Solution

there is a very good reason why there this 5 grid penalty, next track is Monaco which is tough for cars to overtake and one mistake = dnf + SC. at least Schumacher got a pen, want penalty did you want martyn__gibbs

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel