Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 138

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

28 Mar 2012
By AnthonyMills1995
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

24 Replies 397 Views Created 28-03-2012

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:

Twitter.jpg

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Online
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

If Ireland is like the UK then employees will be high on the priority list of creditors if they are owed money, but only from cash that is available, or can be raised from the collection of debts and the sale of assets.

 

I believe that the first call on available money is to pay the administrators, PwC in this case.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

06
/16

ProjectVRD

  • Offline
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

If Ireland is like the UK then employees will be high on the priority list of creditors if they are owed money, but only from cash that is available, or can be raised from the collection of debts and the sale of assets.

 

I believe that the first call on available money is to pay the administrators, PwC in this case.

 



I was under the impression that staff were low on the priority list, and that it took public exposure to get higher on that list. As you say, the Administrators are high priority to recieve money, as are any shareholders and board of Directors of the said company even though they proved they were poor at their job.

 

As for the ground staff, I think they are generally near the bottom of the list in terms of priority towards recieving any available cash and it takes action like national publication in the news to change that.

 

There are many instances where public exposure wasn't enough as well, as with the case of the Burberry factories it was the administrators, owner, board of directors and the few small investors who got money while the staff only had a pitiful excuse of compensation after a week long run in the news.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

[ Edited ]

 


I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 


@TweetScientific


 


If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice


But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,


Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!


06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

If Ireland is like the UK then employees will be high on the priority list of creditors if they are owed money, but only from cash that is available, or can be raised from the collection of debts and the sale of assets.

 

I believe that the first call on available money is to pay the administrators, PwC in this case.

 


 

Game has said they are getting nothing and said our government can pick up the tab if they want.

 

Im not sure legally where the whole issue stands, Ireland allows uk companies special treatement when trading in Ireland, and Im not fully sure if we have anything more than long standing gentlemans agreements with the UK.. Im not sure..

 

However, I can pretty much gurantee there is no way the UK government would let someone like game throw into question any long standing understandings between UK and Ireland and will demand the money is shared in as fair a possible way, as the Irish government would demand of any Irish company trying to do the same thing to the uk.

 

Like we didnt let our developers dump their uk property portfolios onto the open market which would have crippled the UK economy, instead our government picked up the tab and now holds the property.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Online
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Employees would count as secured creditors and be quite high on the allocation of any funds from liquidation. Company directors are legally quite different, and I don't think they would benefit in the same way (and nor should they). Common shareholders are at the bottom of the food chain and could expect to lose everything, which is why they typically dump the shares as soon as they get wind of the inevitable, getting what they can before the share price falls through the floor. And when they fall below broker commission levels, they probably just wipe their arses on them.

 

Game must have been trading as a registered company in Ireland and be subject to Irish law. I don't know how that differs from the UK, but I doubt there is any need for any cross-border provisions or arrangements.

 

Game can't say anything at this point as they effectively no longer exist. All operational and financial decisions are made by the appointed administrators, who obviously have a duty to comply with local laws.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

Game must have been trading as a registered company in Ireland and be subject to Irish law. I don't know how that differs from the UK, but I doubt there is any need for any cross-border provisions or arrangements.


 

But I dont think its necessary for a UK company to do anything but register for tax to trade in Ireland and vice versa.

 

I know tesco is fully listed here as a holdings company, but game doesnt even own the game.ie domain someone else does and its impossible to register a .ie of a registered company, and their two listings in Ireland are just business names not company listings that list their place of business as UK and England.

 

Maybe they are fully regsitered, I dont fully understand the uk/irish agreements. No idea, I just know they said the Irish government can pay any bills they have in Ireland, maybe thats just them trying to play hard ball, no idea.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

04
/16
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AnthonyMills1995
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

Twitter.jpg

12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.


You must be new here.

 

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

07
/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

  • Offline
96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

I went past a Game store a few times yesterday, and I have yet to see a member of staff taking part in the sit in. Some stores may be taking part but the one near me isn't.

 

EDIT: I am mistaken, they must be hiding in the stores back room http://infantile-disorder.blogspot.com/2012/03/ireland-game-shops-occupied-while-80.html?utm_source=...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

[ Edited ]
02
/16

Sneaky_Bstard

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sneaky_Bstard
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.


You must be new here.

 

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.


 

...as well as a generous lover.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

06
/16

Domiiinatrix

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

Sneaky_Bstard wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.


You must be new here.

 

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.


 

...as well as a generous lover.



He paid you to say that, Sneaky.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
02
/16

Sneaky_Bstard

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sneaky_Bstard
Accepted Solution

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Sneaky_Bstard wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.


You must be new here.

 

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.


 

...as well as a generous lover.



He paid you to say that, Sneaky.


 

Him not murdering me was payment enough.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

06
/16

Domiiinatrix

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

Sneaky_Bstard wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Sneaky_Bstard wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.


You must be new here.

 

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.


 

...as well as a generous lover.



He paid you to say that, Sneaky.


 

Him not murdering me was payment enough.



You wussed out. I held my ground and he gave me a large tip. And some money.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
02
/16

Sneaky_Bstard

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sneaky_Bstard
Accepted Solution

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Sneaky_Bstard wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Sneaky_Bstard wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

 

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

 

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

 

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.


I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.


I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.


GAME do not kill.


You must be new here.

 

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.


 

...as well as a generous lover.



He paid you to say that, Sneaky.


 

Him not murdering me was payment enough.



You wussed out. I held my ground and he gave me a large tip. And some money.


 

You're right, next time I'm definitely gonna pull out I mean hold out.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

08
/16

Strangesam

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strangesam
Accepted Solution

I like the pyramid you've created from quote boxes.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages




06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Strangesam wrote:

I like the pyramid you've created from quote boxes.


I don'toriginalhigny.png

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
08
/16

Strangesam

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strangesam
Accepted Solution

Mike939 wrote:

Strangesam wrote:

I like the pyramid you've created from quote boxes.


I don'toriginalhigny.png


 

Well I do!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages




09
/16

Phil_The_Lad

  • Offline
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phil_The_Lad
Accepted Solution

Strangesam wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

Strangesam wrote:

I like the pyramid you've created from quote boxes.


I don'toriginalhigny.png


 

Well I do!


Such a strange thing to like.

 

 

Strange.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

04
/16
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AnthonyMills1995
Accepted Solution

Strangesam wrote:

I like the pyramid you've created from quote boxes.


The new layout is looking good.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

Twitter.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel