92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:   But they won't be kettles and toasters then. They'll be 'integrated water/bread processing centres', and perform none of their features particularly well.

Kettles are being phased out anyway....you can get boiling hot water straight from the tap. I don't know what I was thinking tbh :P

Back on topic...I use the consoles for games, my mobile phone for phone calls if I'm out, otherwise I use the landline and my PC for everything else (well, not everything else, I have marital aids for some things the PC can't do...ooh!and a washing machine). Maybe I'm old fashioned? My phone has a camera, my PC has a camera, the tab has a camera, the Vita has a camera, the consoles all have cameras but yet I go and pick up my actual camera (bought for no other reason than taking pictures) when I want to take a picture. Do I need counselling? :O

0 Kudos

Re: Have you no shame, Sony?

[ Edited ]
SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Back on topic...I use the consoles for games, my mobile phone for phone calls if I'm out, otherwise I use the landline and my PC for everything else (well, not everything else, I have marital aids for some things the PC can't do...ooh!and a washing machine). Maybe I'm old fashioned? My phone has a camera, my PC has a camera, the tab has a camera, the Vita has a camera, the consoles all have cameras but yet I go and pick up my actual camera (bought for no other reason than taking pictures) when I want to take a picture. Do I need counselling? :O

Well if you do then I do too. I've never brought in to the idea of integrating multiple devices or functions into one. I can see the occasional utility in some cases such as cameras in phones and video streaming on a games console, but there are almost always significant compromises to be made - and most products would be cheaper without those extras.

The joke that is the PS3 browser illustrates the point very well. 

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

Domiiinatrix wrote:

I don't understand why gadgets have to do everything....kettles and toasters are gonna have to come with wifi and usb slots before long.

usbtoaster.jpg

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
91%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution

Kermit1970 wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

I don't understand why gadgets have to do everything....kettles and toasters are gonna have to come with wifi and usb slots before long.

usbtoaster.jpg

pfft come back to me when there is a usb powered one of these

0 Kudos

/16

Domiiinatrix

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

Kermit1970 wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

usbtoaster.jpg

:smileyindifferent:

Don't make me have to get a li'l "miss piggy" on yo @ss, Kermit :xEvil:

0 Kudos

/16

MaxiM_82

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MaxiM_82
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Get a grip boy.

Excuse me? How old are you, Mr Community Award, to call me "boy"? Don't patronize me before you learn how to count and notice those two magical digits in my nickname.

Back on topic though. Sony promised us a decent browser back in 2009. Oh look, it's 2012 - time flies when you are Sony. Why do you think even Machinima guys are making fun of it?

0 Kudos

Raptr Gamercard
/16

OldMiley

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OldMiley
Accepted Solution
Maybe because Sony don't really give a ***** about the browser. Let's face it, most of the PS3 user base know it is crap by now and are past caring. Just use a computer!
0 Kudos

/16

ProjectVRD

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution
Wow... So this guy is 28/29 and he is spending his time complaining about a browser on a PS3. Dude needs to sort his priorities out.
0 Kudos

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I'm 41, didn't realise that you were 82, I am so very sorry for calling you boy. Oh wait, you mean you were born in 1982? Hahaha, you pleb.

Anyway, you must be American to spell "patronize" that way, which makes your invalid comments invalid.
0 Kudos

/16

MaxiM_82

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MaxiM_82
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
I'm 41, didn't realise that you were 82, I am so very sorry for calling you boy. Oh wait, you mean you were born in 1982? Hahaha, you pleb.

Anyway, you must be American to spell "patronize" that way, which makes your invalid comments invalid.

Wow. Just... wow. No wonder long time PC users consider console crowd a bunch of asshats. You're the perfect example - douchebag in every inch, yet a "community man"... and 41. Unbelievable. I guess being a local starlet can get in some people's heads. Look at your posts again and tell me what exactly justifies your attitude towards me? Have I offended you or your family in any way, or are you the loyal Sony employee? I was just pointing something out, yet you took it to personal level. Judging from your responses you're more like 14yo than 41. I'm guessing you're just spending way too much time in here and you feel like this makes you important somehow. Judging from your post count vs. registration date I'm onto something. Sad person.

And I'm Polish, thank you very much.

Also, how is posting a link "spending sooo much time complaining about something"? Heh, I should have expected that level of fanboyism here. Somehow people on polish forums have more common sense and manners.

To the rest of you, who kept it civilised: I know it's mainly a gaming machine, but really, making a decent browser is not exactly rocket science. And funny thing is, it's not even about the browser engine. Let's take youtube for exapmle: PS3 version of youtube is very disfunctional and plays the videos in terrible quality, while at the same time, there is an alternative version of PS3 youTube made by a single guy and it works x10 better, with 1080p video quality and other vital functionalities. How does that speak of Sony, hm?

If they never intended to make the browser  up to standards, then they should have said so when community wanted something more, instead of making empty promisses.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Raptr Gamercard
/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Wow. Just... wow. No wonder long time PC users consider console crowd a bunch of asshats. You're the perfect example - douchebag in every inch, yet a "community man"... and 41. Unbelievable. I guess being a local starlet can get in some people's heads. Look at your posts again and tell me what exactly justifies your attitude towards me? Have I offended you or your family in any way, or are you the loyal Sony employee? I was just pointing something out, yet you took it to personal level. Judging from your responses you're more like 14yo than 41. I'm guessing you're just spending way too much time in here and you feel like this makes you important somehow.

Also, how is posting a link "spending sooo much time complaining about something"? Heh, I should have expected that level of fanboyism here. Somehow people on polish forums have more common sense and manners.

Welcome to GD :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

/16

Domiiinatrix

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Somehow people on polish forums have more common sense and manners.

Mr Sheen has a forum?

0 Kudos

/16

Phil_The_Lad

92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phil_The_Lad
Accepted Solution

Domiiinatrix wrote:

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Mr Sheen has a forum?

The best post I have seen on GD for a long time! :Lol:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Christ, the browser is crap as we have all known for about the last 5 years. I'm not a fan boy, in fact the PS3 was the first ever Sony console I've bought. And as an ex long time PC gamer I think moaners like you are asshats (whatever one of them is).

I'm here for the glory, now toodle off to your polishing forums to see if you can get some glory of your own.

PS, I like you really.
0 Kudos

/16

CAM11

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CAM11
Accepted Solution

LEAVE PS3 BROWSER ALONE! AFTER ALL SHE'S BEEN THROUGH!

Seriously, it does the job and its as mentioned before its the best browser on any gaming console. 

0 Kudos

pablologo
/16

Dannehkins

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dannehkins
Accepted Solution

Phil_The_Lad wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Mr Sheen has a forum?

The best post I have seen on GD for a long time! :Lol:

I need to remember that post for next year's communtity awards. :D

0 Kudos

/16

General_Unknown

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
General_Unknown
Accepted Solution

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Wow. Just... wow. No wonder long time PC users consider console crowd a bunch of asshats. You're the perfect example - douchebag in every inch, yet a "community man"... and 41. Unbelievable. I guess being a local starlet can get in some people's heads. Look at your posts again and tell me what exactly justifies your attitude towards me? Have I offended you or your family in any way, or are you the loyal Sony employee? I was just pointing something out, yet you took it to personal level. Judging from your responses you're more like 14yo than 41. I'm guessing you're just spending way too much time in here and you feel like this makes you important somehow. Judging from your post count vs. registration date I'm onto something. Sad person.

To the rest of you, who kept it civilised: I know it's mainly a gaming machine, but really, making a decent browser is not exactly rocket science. And funny thing is, it's not even about the browser engine. Let's take youtube for exapmle: PS3 version of youtube is very disfunctional and plays the videos in terrible quality, while at the same time, there is an alternative version of PS3 youTube made by a single guy and it works x10 better, with 1080p video quality and other vital functionalities. How does that speak of Sony, hm?

If they never intended to make the browser  up to standards, then they should have said so when community wanted something more, instead of making empty promisses.

Just looked over the thread again, and some of your responses were coming off as a bit immature, so I can't blame people for giving up dealing with you. You react too sharply. GD regulars need to have a thick-skin to survive here.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

MaxiM_82 wrote:

but really, making a decent browser is not exactly rocket science.

Out of interest, how many have you made, or worked on the development for?

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Don't you start on him Mr Community award.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Don't you start on him Mr Community award.

I was hoping he could polish my award silverware.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

:Lol:

Maybe if I rub him up the right way he will do mine too.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel