By K1LLMEBILL

K1LLMEBILL

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

How much do you spend on CONSOLE games each year?

26 Replies 313 Views Created 11-09-2011

I ask the question because I was thinking back, and it wasn't that long ago (4 years or so) that I was buying 4-5 full priced console games a month! Due to personal reasons I changed that, however looking back I can now see it was crazy!

I had over 400 games in my collection (retro to current), over 15 gameboys (I collected for the colours) and alot of consoles! It was crazy, I sold most of it though and now only have the 3 current consoles and my computers.. 

This year the first game I will have bought will be Gears of War 3 later this month! Last year I bought 4 games for myself.

Have any of you changed your game buying habits? Do you buy more or fewer games than you did for example last year?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Lee I PSN and Xbox Live: K1LLMEBILL I
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Normally I only buy 4 or 5 games each year but so far this year I've already bought 7 at about just under £140. I have another 3 pre-ordered so it so looks like I will be spending £240 total.

0 Kudos

Re: How much do you spend on CONSOLE games each year?

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

fets81 wrote:

I wouldn't say it only works for local business's , I've worked with & for national scale business' s who have go to that level because their priority is quality & are considered the elite of what they do simply because there's no compromise in quality for quantity, but granted this isn't common place.

You've actually worked for national companies who like to create the impression that they are "driven by quality", "passionate about excellence" and all the other pretentious corporate BS that they come out with. I've met plenty of the soulless gob*****es who come up with all of that hollow marketing spin.

All commercial entities, without exception, exist only to make a profit; a competitive return on investment for their shareholders. They have no other purpose. Everything else is a means to that end.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

fets81

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fets81
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

fets81 wrote:

I wouldn't say it only works for local business's , I've worked with & for national scale business' s who have go to that level because their priority is quality & are considered the elite of what they do simply because there's no compromise in quality for quantity, but granted this isn't common place.

You've actually worked for national companies who like to create the impression that they are "driven by quality", "passionate about excellence" and all the other pretentious corporate BS that they come out with. I've met plenty of the soulless gob*****es who come up with all of that hollow marketing spin.

All commercial entities, without exception, exist only to make a profit; a competitive return on investment for their shareholders. They have no other purpose. Everything else is a means to that end.

I do not work for a '' driven by excellence'' tag line company, & considering you have no idea what I do or who I do it for how you came to that conclusion is a mystery, & to think that somebody who takes pride in their work  & enjoys what they do is just trying to throw some marketig spin at you....well thats unfortuante , but not something i have to contend with

0 Kudos

photo a0739668-2a6e-4e93-9ee7-b928c951013a_zpscd9ba8f7.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/http://www.buttonshut.com/
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

fets81 wrote:

I do not work for a '' driven by excellence'' tag line company, & considering you have no idea what I do or who I do it for how you came to that conclusion is a mystery, & to think that somebody who takes pride in their work  & enjoys what they do is just trying to throw some marketig spin at you....well thats unfortuante , but not something i have to contend with

Did you personalise this just for the purpose of taking offence? It wasn't that before, it was a general comment on corporate culture. Nothing whatsoever to do with the attitude of employees towards matters of quality.

0 Kudos

/16

FreshRevenge

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FreshRevenge
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

I used to spend over a grand plus a year on playstation games and buy every console they came out with, and reccomend their products to everyone.

Now I spend nothing, my friends spend nothing, and most of my friends are trying to sell their playstation gear and games

Playstation dont care about their customers anymore, they allow them to be abused openly, they didnt secure their users data, and they cynically use conversion rates to their advantage whenever it suits them, and their product breaks a lot..

I never had a PS console break on me in it's first year. My first PS3 died on my after 4 years of using it. That was after 4 years of continue use.

Now what happen with the Network break happens to any company trying to do business. Yet Sony being a large Company is put on the spot light. 

Look at Microsoft, it has more viruses  made for it and it is one the biggest software companies. Yet because Sony had a hack they are being blame for some idiotic hacker who thought it was cool to do so.

thanks

FreshRevenge

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Mattrapid441

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mattrapid441
Accepted Solution

Can't remember previous years, but this year could top £1000

Gears 3 Epic Edition x2 = £200

Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition = £200

Resistance 3 SE = £45

WWE12 SE = £45

NFS The Run = £40

MW3 Hardened or Prestige Edition = £79-£100

BF3 LE = £45

Other games iv bought = probably £200-300

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel