60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Jackie Chan vs Bruce Lee

54 Replies 1,024 Views Created 03-04-2008
Bruce Lee would wip Jackie Chans ass no problem. Even from beyond the grave he would kill him.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
>
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ocelot07

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
Jet Lie.
0 Kudos

Re: Jackie Chan vs Bruce Lee

/16

pedrodj41

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pedrodj41
Accepted Solution
i voted for you :D :p
0 Kudos

/16

Darkarium

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkarium
Accepted Solution
I agree Jet Li. Fearless would have been awesome were it not for the end scene.
0 Kudos

Sharp Aquos 32" LCD + 1000W Samsung Home Cinema + PS3 + 360
/16

Metalichamster

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Metalichamster
Accepted Solution
I am sorry but Bruce lee is a leg end.
Has anyone seen the one inch punch. That guy invented a whole style of fighting. Hence the tekken rip off of him.
Mr lee ftw
0 Kudos

/16

techwondo

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
techwondo
Accepted Solution
Im sorry, the emperor is naked and Bruce Lee just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Dont believe me? Watch any BR fight scene with the sound off, he looks like he is going in slow motion, i teach 40 year olds that are faster and more accurate. His teaching (i'm paraphrasing here) "if you cant do it, dont bother" flies in the face of every martial art in existance. One more point, after an arguement Samo Hung knocked seven shades of shhhhhomething out of BR just outside of a director's office at Golden Harvest - have you seen Samo Hung? Hardly prize fighter material

Now watch (just about) any Jackie Chan movie (im not counting the Rush Hour stuff, i cant see anything for Chris Tucker's ego). Can you imagine BR letting a hovercraft run over him? Jumping into a stock Mitsubishi and jumping it into a moving boat? Jumping from a car park to a fire escape - across the other side of the road or getting into a fight scene so fast the the 2 other opponents need to use false limbs to keep up?

Oh, and the one inch punch is nothing of the sort. Its a one inch punch followed by a 6 inch push. I know, ive had it done to me.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

Coffee_n_Donuts

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Coffee_n_Donuts
Accepted Solution
Bruce Lee could've kicked anyone's ass on the planet! Anyone that thinks Jackie Chan could possibly beat him is in dreamland! Jackie Chan is a huge Bruce Lee fan and would be embarrassed to be compared to him.

Bruce Lee RIP
0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
Bruce Lee could've kicked anyone's ass on the planet! Anyone that thinks Jackie Chan could possibly beat him is in dreamland! Jackie Chan is a huge Bruce Lee fan and would be embarrassed to be compared to him. Bruce Lee RIP I know Jackie Chan is not better than him I just picked him because I felt like it lol. I remember watching a bruce lee film and he was fighting people in green clothes and he broke on of the guys necks (in the film not real life) witch happened to be Jacki Chan.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Coffee_n_Donuts

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Coffee_n_Donuts
Accepted Solution
Im sorry, the emperor is naked and Bruce Lee just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Dont believe me? Watch any BR fight scene with the sound off, he looks like he is going in slow motion, i teach 40 year olds that are faster and more accurate. His teaching (i'm paraphrasing here) "if you cant do it, dont bother" flies in the face of every martial art in existance. One more point, after an arguement Samo Hung knocked seven shades of shhhhhomething out of BR just outside of a director's office at Golden Harvest - have you seen Samo Hung? Hardly prize fighter material

Now watch (just about) any Jackie Chan movie (im not counting the Rush Hour stuff, i cant see anything for Chris Tucker's ego). Can you imagine BR letting a hovercraft run over him? Jumping into a stock Mitsubishi and jumping it into a moving boat? Jumping from a car park to a fire escape - across the other side of the road or getting into a fight scene so fast the the 2 other opponents need to use false limbs to keep up?

Oh, and the one inch punch is nothing of the sort. Its a one inch punch followed by a 6 inch push. I know, ive had it done to me.

The one inch puch was demonstrated by Bruce Lee on several occasions and there was no pushing involved! You say someone did it to you but it wasn't Bruce Lee was it? His films were crude and cheaply made (except Enter the Dragon) but the amazing ability he possessed and demonstrated for the world to see is undeniable. If it wasn't for Bruce Lee, martial arts would've never been anywhere near as popular as it is today. All of us who practice the art owe him a huge debt.
0 Kudos

/16

[leedsr4eva]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[leedsr4eva]
Accepted Solution
Bruce Lee could've kicked anyone's ass on the planet! Anyone that thinks Jackie Chan could possibly beat him is in dreamland! Jackie Chan is a huge Bruce Lee fan and would be embarrassed to be compared to him.

Bruce Lee RIP

same
0 Kudos

/16

tanbir1725

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tanbir1725
Accepted Solution
i voted for you :D :p

ditto
0 Kudos

/16

TSplitter

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TSplitter
Accepted Solution
Bruce Lee easy!! He could beat anybody in the world.
0 Kudos

/16

techwondo

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
techwondo
Accepted Solution
The one inch puch was demonstrated by Bruce Lee on several occasions and there was no pushing involved! You say someone did it to you but it wasn't Bruce Lee was it? His films were crude and cheaply made (except Enter the Dragon) but the amazing ability he possessed and demonstrated for the world to see is undeniable. If it wasn't for Bruce Lee, martial arts would've never been anywhere near as popular as it is today. All of us who practice the art owe him a huge debt.

Im not saying youre wrong, but..... erm... there is now way of finnishing that sentence.

The one inch punch started its life in Kung Fu (although Karate practioners are desperate to claim it as theirs) years and years before BR was a twinkle in the milkman's eye, so to say that no-one but him can perform it properly is..... immodest at best.

As you may have guessed, i teach Tae kwon do, which was introduced into this country (in its form as it was then) by some RAF personel back in the 50s. It quickly established its-self in the British military and by the 60s all British armed forces were using TKD for unarmed combat (weather they knew it or not) this was before anyone had even put the words "Bruce and "Lee" together.

The single most common sentence i hear from new people is "I was watching a Jackie Chan movie and...".

So, the idea of Bruce Lee as some sort of demi-god is fading.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

[Shakhan]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Shakhan]
Accepted Solution
Bruce Lee, no contest,Jackie is all 4 show.Lee is the real deal and original.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Coffee_n_Donuts

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Coffee_n_Donuts
Accepted Solution
Im not saying youre wrong, but..... erm... there is now way of finnishing that sentence.

The one inch punch started its life in Kung Fu (although Karate practioners are desperate to claim it as theirs) years and years before BR was a twinkle in the milkman's eye, so to say that no-one but him can perform it properly is..... immodest at best.

As you may have guessed, i teach Tae kwon do, which was introduced into this country (in its form as it was then) by some RAF personel back in the 50s. It quickly established its-self in the British military and by the 60s all British armed forces were using TKD for unarmed combat (weather they knew it or not) this was before anyone had even put the words "Bruce and "Lee" together.

The single most common sentence i hear from new people is "I was watching a Jackie Chan movie and...".

So, the idea of Bruce Lee as some sort of demi-god is fading.

I know what you mean, and I wasn't implying that Bruce Lee was the only one that could perform it. There's actually an interesting documentary about it on YouTube which you may have seen before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

So you teach eh? How long you been doing that? I practiced Karate for years and always fancied trying something else like Kung Fu or Taekwondo. The problem I had was when I did try I kept reverting back to the stuff I'd previously learned doing Karate. I have huge respect for people that can master more than one martial art, it's not easy!

It's only natural for the younger generation to rave about Jackie Chan and Jet Li because they're the big stars now. Some people don't know who Bruce Lee was or what he managed to achieve. I'm obviously just getting a bit old!:(
0 Kudos

/16

Scholesisgod

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Scholesisgod
Accepted Solution
Bruce by a mile
0 Kudos

/16

[V1P3RSN1P3R]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[V1P3RSN1P3R]
Accepted Solution
Bruce Lee
I do is boxing but that can't really be compaired.
0 Kudos

/16

[Gametime UK]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Gametime UK]
Accepted Solution
CHUCK NORRIS!!!! *runs from thread extremely fast*
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

TAKE-AWAY

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TAKE-AWAY
Accepted Solution
Why you would of course especially when you take that mask off, ooopps sorry my mistake you already have.:D
0 Kudos

/16

[Gametime UK]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Gametime UK]
Accepted Solution
Why you would of course especially when you take that mask off, ooopps sorry my mistake you already have.:D lawl!
0 Kudos

/16

Detsurasu

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Detsurasu
Accepted Solution