Gawge

83%
12 Rank
Progress

Local Elections 2012

57 Replies 411 Views Created 01-05-2012
01 May 2012
By Gawge

Most of us will have Local Elections on Thursday.

Labour are expected to do well, whilst Lib Dems are preparing for a big loss. Will we see more independents and smaller parties doing well? 

Will you be voting? 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution

Right on.

<3 Bill.

0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

Right on.

<3 Bill.

somebody the other day tried telling me Stewart Lee is the new Bill Hicks :O

not even close :No-no:

there could be only one :)

0 Kudos

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xLegioNx

96%
11 Rank
Progress
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:

fski wrote:

By not voting you're only contributing to the problem. I'd like to know what alternative to democracy those that didn't vote would put forward and what exactly complacency will achieve.

Vote or die.

The first minute is pretty much how I feel. It's essentially voting between two turds, either way, we end up with a turd. I'd rather be indirectly responsible for the way things are, than directly. Those are the only options. I'll save a few minutes of my life, show a vote of no confidence in any of them, and complain anyway.

0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

By not voting you're only contributing to the problem. I'd like to know what alternative to democracy those that didn't vote would put forward and what exactly complacency will achieve.

Am I not allowed to exercise my choice not to vote ?   Not voting is itself a political choice and the low turnouts isnt just due to apathy. 

When you have a situation where no single political party or representative actually deserves my vote then I simply choose not to.  By voting for Lib dems in the last election (i didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the current problems and the shocking hike in student fees. By voting for the Labour Party (I didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the recession. 

Those people who automatically vote for their party or those that vote because of the current party leader are also contributing to the problems. 

Low turnouts are a concern but I havent seen a single political discussion or heard a single politician question their role in the plethora of reasons why turnout is in a downwards spiral. BUT there has been talk regarding compulsory voting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:

fski wrote:

Am I not allowed to exercise my choice not to vote ?   Not voting is itself a political choice and the low turnouts isnt just due to apathy. 

When you have a situation where no single political party or representative actually deserves my vote then I simply choose not to.  By voting for Lib dems in the last election (i didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the current problems and the shocking hike in student fees. By voting for the Labour Party (I didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the recession. 

Those people who automatically vote for their party or those that vote because of the current party leader are also contributing to the problems. 

Low turnouts are a concern but I havent seen a single political discussion or heard a single politician question their role in the plethora of reasons why turnout is in a downwards spiral. BUT there has been talk regarding compulsory voting.

voting should be compulsory but there should be a 'none of the above' option

0 Kudos

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution
I think they should just go crazy one year and start introducing policies such as mandatory Fedora Fridays or Trilby Tuesdays.
0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:

fski wrote:

Of course you are, I didn't indicate otherwise. You're as allowed not to vote as I'm permitted to regard non voters opinions as moot.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

Mikal_Drey wrote:

fski wrote:

Stuff™

More Stuff™

Of course you are, I didn't indicate otherwise. You're as allowed not to vote as I'm permitted to regard non voters opinions as moot.

We all need to take responsibility for our actions wether you vote or not.   However; I wouldnt say that my opinion is moot as neither of the choices available to me are wise ones. 

I still have an opinion on various issues and it has just as much value as anyone elses especially as elected persons are responsible for their entire constituency and not just those who supported them. 

I would say that my right to complain or critizise those elected would indeed be moot

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProjectVRD

96%
06 Rank
Progress
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

Communism. it is doing well for China and their propaganda is no worse than our own. They block sites, we are blocking sites. They don't report the worst of their nation. We don't report the worst of our nation. All pretty simular yet one thing isn't... China just gets things done. Democracy on the otherhand loves to blow alot of the budget on planning and then says it cannot afford to built it.

Could a democratic nation build the Three Gorges Dam? Or ghost cities ready to be filled at a moments notice? Could any western nation ever dream of making a functional Maglev line?!

Ofcourse not, China can... because it is communist.

0 Kudos

You'll be surprised what you come across on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLQj5RfmzQZHkYiIaW8h-a6g

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

ProjectVRD wrote:

fski wrote:

Communism. it is doing well for China and their propaganda is no worse than our own. They block sites, we are blocking sites. They don't report the worst of their nation. We don't report the worst of our nation. All pretty simular yet one thing isn't... China just gets things done. Democracy on the otherhand loves to blow alot of the budget on planning and then says it cannot afford to built it.

Could a democratic nation build the Three Gorges Dam? Or ghost cities ready to be filled at a moments notice? Could any western nation ever dream of making a functional Maglev line?!

Their policies on the number of children allowed per family could come in handy over here.

0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:

ProjectVRD wrote:

fski wrote:

Their policies on the number of children allowed per family could come in handy over here.

Good airbrushing there VRD :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProjectVRD

96%
06 Rank
Progress
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

ProjectVRD wrote:

fski wrote:

Good airbrushing there VRD :)

Expect no less from me :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

I see little point in voting, We all kind of fell for the "Obama" spin, of change by voting new guys in, then the reality hit, its exactly the same.

The same people who the last government leant to etc were protected and had their debts written off etc.

What happened in Iceland when they simply defaulted and said "it was a risky loan, you took the risk, not us"

They became worthless overnight, did it last? no, they are currently in a stronger position than half of europe who are trying to bail out debts of companies and people. It worked for them. So why are we bailing the banks out? cause our banks take loans from each other, France wants its money back, germany wants its money back. Greece is being forced to sell its soul not because its poor, but because their banks got loans from germany and france, and they simply want their money back, even though they knew the risk of lending to greece in the first place, and its not greeces fault they collapsed.

Matter of the fact is, we dont have to pay other peoples debts. Our governments just tell us we do.

Our news media has gotten awful, european countries are murdering and torturing people, giving huge payoffs to friends, pushing as much debt onto ordinary people and anyone you vote for will just accept thats the way it is.

So unless you can find a party that will do what it says, and is saying some things that can change, then voting is pointless. Also people are too stupid to vote for the hard choices.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

I see little point in voting, We all kind of fell for the "Obama" spin, of change by voting new guys in, then the reality hit, its exactly the same.

The same people who the last government leant to etc were protected and had their debts written off etc.

What happened in Iceland when they simply defaulted and said "it was a risky loan, you took the risk, not us"

They became worthless overnight, did it last? no, they are currently in a stronger position than half of europe who are trying to bail out debts of companies and people. It worked for them. So why are we bailing the banks out? cause our banks take loans from each other, France wants its money back, germany wants its money back. Greece is being forced to sell its soul not because its poor, but because their banks got loans from germany and france, and they simply want their money back, even though they knew the risk of lending to greece in the first place, and its not greeces fault they collapsed.

Matter of the fact is, we dont have to pay other peoples debts. Our governments just tell us we do.

Our news media has gotten awful, european countries are murdering and torturing people, giving huge payoffs to friends, pushing as much debt onto ordinary people and anyone you vote for will just accept thats the way it is.

So unless you can find a party that will do what it says, and is saying some things that can change, then voting is pointless. Also people are too stupid to vote for the hard choices.

Good old fascism will sort this out.

0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jungleboyfruit

94%
03 Rank
Progress
jungleboyfruit
Accepted Solution
Things would be much better for us if I was in charge.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProjectVRD

96%
06 Rank
Progress
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

shanethegooner wrote:

I found it funny that BNP are offering free tube travel at the weekend. :Lol:

If any actually believes that or votes for them because of it they're retarded.

Why is that such a crazy idea? The cost of the tube ride for a single passenger is very, very low. But getting people to use it because it is free would entice people to go shopping and thus the government would make the money back many times over in tax rakings from the stores.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel