Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 93

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

01 May 2012
By Gawge

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Local Elections 2012

57 Replies 338 Views Created 01-05-2012

Most of us will have Local Elections on Thursday.

 

Labour are expected to do well, whilst Lib Dems are preparing for a big loss. Will we see more independents and smaller parties doing well? 

 

Will you be voting? 

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution
no
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
11
/16

xLegioNx

  • Offline
95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Nope
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Property of xLegioNx



Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

I'll be at home not giving a toss about local government, just like every other year.

 

I find it works better for me that way.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Award Winner
09
/16

shanethegooner

  • Award Winner
  • Online
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

I usually couldn't give a damn about the Elections but we're using the London Elections for our English exam so have to research a load of crap about it.

 

I found it funny that BNP are offering free tube travel at the weekend. :Lol:

 

If any actually believes that or votes for them because of it they're retarded.

 

I don't know if I'll actually vote, I'm in college all day so probably won't bother.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Award Winner
09
/16

Moghal2007

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Not going to vote
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

shanethegooner wrote:

 

I found it funny that BNP are offering free tube travel at the weekend. :Lol:

 

If any actually believes that or votes for them because of it they're retarded.

 


Well, there's no other reason to vote for them.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution
All I have to choose from is a Labour shoe-in, a Lib Dem, a Tory who lives miles away and some racist feller.

At least if there was a Green candidate or something, I could try to win them their deposit.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

02
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

I'm undecided about voting

 

I think we'll see more independents elected too because many have no faith in the main three parties.

 

Tories and lib dems deserve a battering

 

Vince Cable's alright though

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution
I'm gunna send the gimp out to vote for me.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

02
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:
I'm gunna send the gimp out to vote for me.

 

has mike got Thursday off work then?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
no, but that's because there isn't an election in my area :p
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Beta Tester
02
/16

KloudShun

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KloudShun
Accepted Solution

Not too sure if I'm voting either.

 

You hear so many promises, but in the end nothing changes.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Award Winner
09
/16

shanethegooner

  • Award Winner
  • Online
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

Just reading the book thing I got in the post and pretty much all of them promise "More jobs, police and better transport".

 

They promise that every time but 4 years later stuff hasn't changed, it's got worse. :Lol:

 

Boris Johnson says "Making our streets and homes safer with 1,000 more police on the beat." - Didn't he just cut the policing budget? :|

 

Ken Livingstone reckons he's going to "Cut the fares by 7%" and "Introduce a London EMA". - I'd love to know where he's going to get the money from to do that.

 

It's all a massive joke.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

[ Edited ]
12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution
Did anybody vote then?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

Ooopps, over slept.

 

By the way Chocolate cake is yummy <3

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

[ Edited ]
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

02
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

I voted labour just in case

 

and there were no independents standing anyway

 

well not until I sashayed into the room ;) ;)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
05
/16

LarasAider

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

They all read from the same book, but I doubt Conservatives will do well cos' they've messed this country up with cutting back on everything; they also haven't given us anything in return.

 

Labour is just saying stuff that we wanna here, but they were the main problems for mucking this country up by over spending and lending to those who don't need the money.

 

Lib Dems don't do nothing; if they were elected, nothing would get done and your town would just stay the same.

 

In my area; the councillors have spent money on fencing and roads and they still haven't improved, the town is in worse decline and it's been like that ever since the fishing went away, which was the main source of income coming in; but they haven't done anything to boost the towns economy by bringing in new ventures and reputation has suffered greatly. 

 

So did I vote? No; as there's no one realistic enough to vote for.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
02
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

They all read from the same book, but I doubt Conservatives will do well cos' they've messed this country up with cutting back on everything; they also haven't given us anything in return.

 

Labour is just saying stuff that we wanna here, but they were the main problems for mucking this country up by over spending and lending to those who don't need the money.

 

Lib Dems don't do nothing; if they were elected, nothing would get done and your town would just stay the same.

 

In my area; the councillors have spent money on fencing and roads and they still haven't improved, the town is in worse decline and it's been like that ever since the fishing went away, which was the main source of income coming in; but they haven't done anything to boost the towns economy by bringing in new ventures and reputation has suffered greatly. 

 

So did I vote? No; as there's no one realistic enough to vote for.



I voted Labour because of their different cuts policy. As you say the Tories are making a hash of it and are hitting the poorest off hardest. I believe the global crash to be a considerably greater reason for the troubles than Labour though, something the Tories and lib dems often completely ignore.

 

Time for Nick Clegg to pack his bags but like the Irish catholic primate and Jeremy Hunt, he'll no doubt cling to his post. People have no shame these days but I digress...

 

 

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution

BettySwollocks92 wrote:


I voted Labour because of their different cuts policy. As you say the Tories are making a hash of it and are hitting the poorest off hardest. I believe the global crash to be a considerably greater reason for the troubles than Labour though, something the Tories and lib dems often completely ignore.



I find it quite amusing, that for a lot of Tories and Lib Dems - instead of stuttering or pausing when they don't know what to say, they now always revert to "Look - we are working in the national interest to clear up the mess that Labour left us with". 

 

Personally - I couldn't bring myself to vote in any way that favours Ed Miliband - so I voted Lib Dem because I value them as a third party (even though I knew they had no chance in my ward anyway). But come the general election, I may have to revise that. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

Award Winner
07
/16

foxhill

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
foxhill
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:

BettySwollocks92 wrote:


I voted Labour because of their different cuts policy. As you say the Tories are making a hash of it and are hitting the poorest off hardest. I believe the global crash to be a considerably greater reason for the troubles than Labour though, something the Tories and lib dems often completely ignore.



I find it quite amusing, that for a lot of Tories and Lib Dems - instead of stuttering or pausing when they don't know what to say, they now always revert to "Look - we are working in the national interest to clear up the mess that Labour left us with". 

 

Personally - I couldn't bring myself to vote in any way that favours Ed Miliband - so I voted Lib Dem because I value them as a third party (even though I knew they had no chance in my ward anyway). But come the general election, I may have to revise that. 



I'm not really politically acquainted but after the student fees fiasco Lib Dems...

 

I'm gonna have to pay extra £30000 if I get into my desired course. :smileysad:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Local Elections 2012

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel