chrisa3211

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
chrisa3211
Accepted Solution

TheNarrator wrote:
pretty sure they dont monitor MVPs on forums though, thats, like, one of the rules. we paid them off, i mean, donated them off. apart from chris, they should keep all eyes on him for sure.

I thought you said you gave them my donation?

Few things though - first it does say "a warrant would be needed in order to access the content of the communications they were monitoring". That's not to say that that's much better, however.

Secondly, I'd be very surprised if this got implemented in its current form, there's just too much opposition:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17580906

Finally, I wonder to what extent this is done already? I mean surely there's some monitoring going on already?

0 Kudos

Re: Ministers 'plan new web monitoring'

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

chrisa3211 wrote: 

Few things though - first it does say "a warrant would be needed in order to access the content of the communications they were monitoring". That's not to say that that's much better, however.

Secondly, I'd be very surprised if this got implemented in its current form, there's just too much opposition:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17580906

Finally, I wonder to what extent this is done already? I mean surely there's some monitoring going on already?

Warrants dont work like that, its against EU law for them to start spying on you unless a warrant has been issued. What they want to do, is spy on people but only access the data with warrants.

So its a breach of EU law, it put a presumption of guilt on you, and they have already said no ISP in europe is to do it.

Regarding your final point, Sure its been going on for ages, the question isnt if it goes on, but what kind of results it gets.

Did it stop the IRA? did it stop the bus bomb? They have already admited they have no defence from lone wolf attacks. So many innocent people have been sent to jail despite sophisticated spying, and the threat is still there, meanwhile the technology has somehow found its way into other uses in law.

The cameras in london for example, originally to stop IRA, now they are used to fine you for driving into the city, following drunks around, and general policing of people.

And thats the truth of the matter, they will use terrorism to scare people into accepting it, and then gradually slowly use the technology to fine people for illegal downloads, probably even to tax people for usage of certain sites, who knows, all I know is that every step they have taken to fight "terrorism" has ended up being used to place fines and fees on normal british people.

Even look at number plate recognition, invented and used to track IRA, never stopped them, and is now used to check tax and isurance and people skipping petrol fees.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RazerPhoenix

91%
07 Rank
Progress
RazerPhoenix
Accepted Solution

chrisa3211 wrote:

Indeed, it is called ECHELON.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

HEADLINE: The government is facing backlash from civil liberty groups about the proposed plans to moniter Phone calls, Emails and internet usage. 

BBC News

The Government... Interfering in peoples daily lives as reached an ultimate low with this new legislation at tackling terrorism; a way to monitor Britains through every access of communications. That being your Mobile, Telephone, Internet, Emails and your Social Networking site. So far, the proposed plans have only mentioned internet, calls and Emails as their primary targets. The government says however, that they'll be strict with their access of our information because the data would show up as waves and graphs. The data would also be presented in a real time format and recorded for optimum usage. 

As much as I think this is a good idea; I doubt whether it'll be affective at combating terrorism in the UK and I also feel that they'll make it easier for hackers to get hold of our information as it's floating around.

P.S. do you like my art work at the top?:smileywink:

Thought you didn't...:smileysad:

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Domiiinatrix

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

TheNarrator wrote:
pretty sure they dont monitor MVPs on forums though, thats, like, one of the rules. we paid them off, i mean, donated them off. apart from chris, they should keep all eyes on him for sure.

You leave Chris alone...he gave me half of his SOTM award. He's good peeps.

0 Kudos

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RazerPhoenix

91%
07 Rank
Progress
RazerPhoenix
Accepted Solution

I approve of this, means we are one step closer to having the machine from 'Person Of Interest'

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

RazerPhoenix wrote:

I approve of this, means we are one step closer to having the machine from 'Person Of Interest'

Ben really should have just stayed on the island. The Machine sounds like that Eagle Eye contraption in that film that ive forgotten the name of.

0 Kudos

KZAM!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

Well this computer its going to be based on current technology that works, like 3d processors special hard drives, meaning this is the minimum it will do. Its not taking into account any theoretical technologies that come to fluition during the development period.

it has a 10 year development period, and its being done by IBM, so its likely that quantum computers will be online then, and ignoring bandwith limitations, the processing of live intelligence information such as persons of interest would be possible.

Although clearly it would be more aimed at electronic data rather than planting microphones everywhere around cities.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JudgeFredd

92%
02 Rank
Progress
JudgeFredd
Accepted Solution

When Labour were in they were going to do this but the Tories opposed them, now the Tories are in they're going to do what they were opposing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sotonsoldier2k8

92%
06 Rank
Progress
sotonsoldier2k8
Accepted Solution

I like your artwork

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

sotonsoldier2k8 wrote:

I like your artwork

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

JudgeFredd wrote:

When Labour were in they were going to do this but the Tories opposed them, now the Tories are in they're going to do what they were opposing.

I see what you're saying - it's Labour's fault for giving them the idea. Good point :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

JudgeFredd wrote:

I see what you're saying - it's Labour's fault for giving them the idea. Good point :Thumbs:

Its probably an mi6/mi5 idea, and only the people not in power are brave enough to say no.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

JudgeFredd wrote:

Its probably an mi6/mi5 idea, and only the people not in power are brave enough to say no.

I've always assumed that they do what they want anyway, regardless of legality.

And having watched Spooks, I know how easy it is too. Is there nothing the iMac can't do?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phil_The_Lad

92%
09 Rank
Progress
Phil_The_Lad
Accepted Solution

When I saw the headline I thought it was an April fool's :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Domiiinatrix

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Domiiinatrix
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

fenian wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

JudgeFredd wrote:

I've always assumed that they do what they want anyway, regardless of legality.

And having watched Spooks, I know how easy it is too. Is there nothing the iMac can't do?

It can't make toast.

Anyway this thing is for all our good, as that government toady said on the news, like what China do with their internet.

0 Kudos

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Anyway this thing is for all our good, as that government toady said on the news, like what China do with their internet.

Brilliant isn't it? Over £1tn of national debt, a collapsing economy with virtually no sign of any recovery, spiralling unemployment, rising crime, an education system that is churning out monkeys, a public sector collapsing under the weight of its pension deficit, the price of fuel going through the roof if you can get any, an imminent hosepipe ban (at least here), some of the highest rates of alcohol and drug misuse, teenage pregnancy, teenage abortion, obesity, coronary heart disease and utter *****ing stupidity and what does the government propose?

Monitoring our phone calls and internet usage to protect us from terrorism.

They really are a collection of ***** aren't they?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Brilliant isn't it? Over £1tn of national debt, a collapsing economy with virtually no sign of any recovery, spiralling unemployment, rising crime, an education system that is churning out monkeys, a public sector collapsing under the weight of its pension deficit, the price of fuel going through the roof if you can get any, an imminent hosepipe ban (at least here), some of the highest rates of alcohol and drug misuse, teenage pregnancy, teenage abortion, obesity, coronary heart disease and utter *****ing stupidity and what does the government propose?

You left out VAT on hot pies.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

Domiiinatrix wrote:

You left out VAT on hot pies.

And another thing.

VAT on hot pies! Or was it pasties? Same thing anyway really.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

The Conservatives have really messed this country up (UK) and they're doing things far too quickly. I wonder where that book is being kept, that tells them how to be a complete douche bag? Ed Milliband pretends to be on our side, but as soon as he gets in power, he'll be reading the same book as those 2 boy lovers at 10 Downing Street. Oh and by the way... is anyone voting for anybody this May; cos' I'm not. I doubt there's any decent person left to rule as PM; as the current post is full of lies and deceit.

Stuff it!! As soon as I have enough money saved up... I'll be moving abroad. UK can kiss my butt; goodbye.

:smileyfrustrated: 

I should probably label this post under: RANT :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

Oh and by the way... is anyone voting for anybody this May; cos' I'm not. I doubt there's any decent person left to rule as PM

You do know that this isn't a general election don't you? That it's only about local councillors who form committees to discuss zebra crossings and other such mind-numbing local matters?

Stuff it!! As soon as I have enough money saved up... I'll be moving abroad. UK can kiss my butt; goodbye.

That's the spirit! No other country has screwed up, just us.

Where are you off to? Greece? Spain? Italy? Portugal?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel