By Logicintuwisdom

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

OK, so they've found the God Particle, does that now mean we eventually get transporter technology?

[ Edited ]
58 Replies 418 Views edited 05-07-2012

Apparently the Higgs Bosun particle, is supposed to be the glue holding matter together.

Well, if they've found the 'glue', surely as a frame of reference they could use it as a variable to find a way to deal with that damn Heisenburg & his annoying Uncertainty Principal!

Trust a german to put obstacles in the way of perfectly good theoretical physics. Basil was right about 'em, they've got absolutely no sense of humour! :Lol: 

Get a few of the cleverest kiddies, lock 'em in a room with a super computer & tell them they can't come out until they've worked out a new formula using the extra variable of the 'glue' to plot a particle's position in time & space in relation to its momentum. 

I get very tired these days of driving for any length of time & if they could perfect the distintegration/reintegration process, I'm quite sure I could be pursaded to trade the car in for a transporter pad! 

STEAMBOAT's says she's happy about my being distintegrated, but isn't too fussed about the reintegration part! :Lol: 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:
logic, your logic and mentality makes me laugh :Lol:

I suspect that is part of the gag, and Logic is an alter ego and not a proper poster.

0 Kudos

Re: OK, so Scientists THINK they've found the Higgs Boson (99.999% positive)

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:
logic, your logic and mentality makes me laugh :Lol:

I suspect that is part of the gag, and Logic is an alter ego and not a proper poster.

Probably. Maybe it's one of twocursedhands multiple personalities? 

0 Kudos

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:

Yes, I think that has become quite clear now.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:

You should park your caravan a bit further away from the nuclear power plant...

I almost choked laughing when I read that.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Do you look like Andrew Loyd Webber?
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

I doubt anyone would admit to that.

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

No and my personal life is just that, personal. We're not into the Facebook mentality - capisce?

0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

No and my personal life is just that, personal. We're not into the Facebook mentality - capisce?

pot, kettle

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

pot, kettle

I understand the meaning of your 'less is more' answer, now all I want to know is why do you feel this way, whose life on here have I pried into pray tell?
:Frown:
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
For someone who hates Americanisms you use the word capisce lots.
0 Kudos

/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
For someone who hates Americanisms you use the word capisce lots.

He is American.

0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I think he's Dutch.
0 Kudos

/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
I think he's Dutch.

Maybe we should make a new thread, asking him where he's from.

0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I'll do it but he won't answer.
0 Kudos

/16

hydra25

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hydra25
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:

hey hey

IF they actually have found the Higgs Boson...  What is that made of :/

Well, it's a particle with a very large mass, meaning it's incredibly unstable. So it decays very quickly into other sub atomic particles. Someone with a more detailed physics knowledge than mine could fill you in on those particles would be.

0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

hydra25 wrote:
Even if you could teleport, it would kill you.

Besically one end of the teleporter would destroy you at one end, send you to the destination and then rebuild you, meaning that none of your memories or thoughts would exist anymore and also as fen said it would take too long to transfer the sheer amount of data needed.

As far as I know physicists have only been able to teleport a single photon a very short distance.

What I want to do is teleport myself to the same spot.

But to save a copy of the data as backup incase i die, then i can just start back to a few years ago, sure I would have lost some experiences and knowledge but I could make some youtube videos about them for the younger me to watch.

0 Kudos

Re: OK, so they've found the God Particle, does that now mean we eventually get transporter technolo

/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

hydra25 wrote:

Besically one end of the teleporter would destroy you at one end, send you to the destination and then rebuild you, meaning that none of your memories or thoughts would exist anymore and also as fen said it would take too long to transfer the sheer amount of data needed.

As far as I know physicists have only been able to teleport a single photon a very short distance.

But to save a copy of the data as backup incase i die, then i can just start back to a few years ago, sure I would have lost some experiences and knowledge but I could make some youtube videos about them for the younger me to watch.

Yeah, I'd just use it to clone me about 50 times. Probably get some scientists to turn one into a girl. I'd totally marry me if I was a girl.

0 Kudos

Re: OK, so they've found the God Particle, does that now mean we eventually get transporter technolo

TonightWeRide2.jpg

/16

hydra25

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hydra25
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:

fenian wrote:

hydra25 wrote:

Yeah, I'd just use it to clone me about 50 times. Probably get some scientists to turn one into a girl. I'd totally marry me if I was a girl.

You can't use it to clone you. It destroys you completely, remembers the order you were built in and rebuilds you.
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

hydra25 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

fenian wrote:

hydra25 wrote:

You can't use it to clone you. It destroys you completely, remembers the order you were built in and rebuilds you.

You can.

Basically the photon is destroyed because we need to destroy it to caputre all the data about it. Your information is then made digital. Atoms, spinning states, electrical charges its all logged as data and sent. The atoms photon etc dont make the journey you are basically built using new matter/photos/atoms.

So you destroy yourself and instead of just printing off one copy at the destination, you print 2. I seen it happen on startrek

0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

To be honest I think I would prefer a Portal gun.

At least that doesn't involve me getting destroyed and then remade.  The new me wouldn't be me, but just a copy of me.  Experiences from chinese whispers warns me that this is a dodgy idea.

A portal gun however would be just epic!

0 Kudos

/16

ProjectVRD

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

hydra25 wrote:

Not entirely accurate, memories are nothing more than potrutions within the fibres in our brains. As we build a memory we are actually building more physical potrutions along an ultra thin piece of brain matter. Physcially it looks like the stem of a rose plant, a stringy material with a bump coming out at various places. When these potrutions "or thorns of rose stem" are spiked with electricity in a certain combination it recalls the memory that had the exact electrical spike combination that created it.

For the memories to be intact after a body has been reconstructed through teleportation the brain would have to be an exact copy down to the exact position of every strand of brain matter, and every potrution would need to be put in the same place as before. Interestingly it is because of this we now think it is impossible to share memories with another person, because every brain is "wired" differently. All those strands criss cross in a different pattern from one human to the next, for it to work the person recieving somebody else memories would have to have the same brain but in their body at which point philosophy wades in, is the recipient a different person after all or essentially a clone because the anatomy may suggst that they have the same mind.

It is freaky to think that our memories are nothing more tha nobules of organic brain matter that stick out and get shot with electric, it is almost easier to believe a higher being must be responsible as our memories feel far more personal than something which biologically speaking is so lacking of any personality.

Dreaming is thought to be related these little growths on the strands of brain material we create to record a memory. Everybody knows we forget things forever and not only have we seen these memory thorn like structure grow when creating a memory, we have seen them disappear during the dream phase. Not fully understood yet but it is believed the brain is defragging anmd performing a clean up, with every single memory you have created being re-run and the ones not needed being deleted... so to say. It is just that you are effectively multitasking by running many memories at once that they seem so wierd and you find yourself breathing under water with no problem, because you have a memory of breating and another being under water at some point in your life. 

The memories your brain chooses to keep are those that are the most unique as it may help with survival lessons such helping your baby to walk for the first time, whereas remembering what it was you ate nine and half weeks ago at seven in the evening is not essential to surival and thus we have the misleading assumption our short term memories are bad. It turns out it might not be the case, a bad short term memory might be one that records and keeps everything for those with photographic memories are known to be not so good at problem solving.

I am waffling now, I recommend interneting it because can explain the physiology of memories better on the scientific journals. :)

0 Kudos

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel