80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Official Wrestling Thread.

17,887 Replies 176,330 Views Created 22-08-2006
before you get ****** off yeh all the wrestling topics made by a certainf an are getting annoying but if we keep all wrestling discussion in one place it will stop the front page from getting clogged up. so first things we should discuss imo are last nights raw and summerslam.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

TheJurg

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheJurg
Accepted Solution
Have you been spying on your mum?

Apparently Finlay was entrant number 27 and got DQ'd for going in early to save Hornswoggle. That's what i've read, dunno if it's true. Would make sense though.

I only watched three matches on RAW cos i only got in around 3am. I saw Kennedy beat Kendrick in what was a quick match.

The Melina lost to Maria after Melina pulled down Maria's trousers to reveal a kind of thong :love: and got a pin. Then Santino said something about the crowd not seeing Maria's body etc blah blah

Then the main event was JBL/Orton vs. Jeff/Jericho. JBL won after Orton RKO'd Jericho whilst he had JBL in the Walls of Jericho. Jeff was on the outside of the ring at the time, recovering from being pushed to the outside, whilst trying to do a Whisper in the Wind on Orton. Jeff actually landed on a cameraman/ringside security bloke instead of the barrier which was quite funny.

Also, its been announced that it will be a RAW Elimination Chamber some reason, with HBK, HHH, JBL, Umaga, Jeff and Jericho involved. They should have had Kennedy instead of Umaga but oh well.

I dunno if the Big Show returned as i missed the beginning. But Cena came down at the end and FU'd Orton which was gay cos Orton's evil, untouchable 'character' has gone out the window, the writers seemingly wanting Cena to look like the guy no one can fight back against.

Also, Cena is now facing Orton at No Way Out, not Wrestlemania (that's whats been announced so far, not sure what will happen at Wrestlemania) which defeats the whole idea of what happens to the Royal Rumble winner :rolleyes:

WWE writers screwing up yet again.

I reallly hope Cena gets injured again.
0 Kudos

Re: Official Wrestling Thread.

/16

MrMartay

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrMartay
Accepted Solution
As I said to a friend last night, HHH will win the Elimination Chamber and it will be a Triple Threat Match at Mania, but Cena will pin Orton or make him tap out which means that HHH will not have to put over somebody and then have the rematch at Backlash.

So basucally, it means Taker will just win some crappy match to face Edge?

Seems like RAW is going to be the bigger brand AGAIN at Mania thia year.
0 Kudos

/16

Baird_08

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Baird_08
Accepted Solution
Raw Results

Women's Champion Beth Phoenix & Jillian Hall def. Mickie James & Ashley

Carlito def. Cody Rhodes

Triple H & Shawn Michaels def. Snitsky & Umaga

Mr. Kennedy def. Brian Kendrick

Maria def. Melina

WWE Champion Randy Orton & JBL def. Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy & Chris Jericho

No Way Out Update

John Cena vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

The Elimination Chamber

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, JBL, Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy and Umaga

Winner will have a WWE Title shot at WrestleMania 23 facing either John Cena or Randy Orton

Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy
0 Kudos

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Battlefield 4

Most Wanted: Titanfall
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Amarant Helmsley]
Accepted Solution
Any bets that Jeff Hardy is going to climb on a chamber and do a swanton?
0 Kudos

/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
C'mon Orton, even if the writers say give the title to Cena to Orton at NWO, kick his ****ing head off and pin him anyway!

Should have been a Smackdown Elimination Chamber really like I predicited for the no.1 contender with Taker winning with Taker/Edge at Mania.
0 Kudos

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
/16

LFC1984

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LFC1984
Accepted Solution
Any bets that Jeff Hardy is going to climb on a chamber and do a swanton? Well, its either that or WitW (yawn).
0 Kudos

/16

TheJurg

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheJurg
Accepted Solution
I'd find it hard for Jeff to do a Swanton that's supposed to impress the crowd, given that the top of one of the chambers is only marginly higher up than the turnbuckles.

And i'd much rather have a RAW elimination Chamber. Smackdown don't deserve one.
0 Kudos

/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
Still gotta watch Rumble and Raw but I'm getting no where fast with the Rumble atm, the buffering on Galaxia is so slow recently.
0 Kudos

/16

TheJurg

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheJurg
Accepted Solution
I wouldn't bother with the Rumble tbh.
0 Kudos

/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
I want to see it, I always do watch it. Just not gonna pay for it. I'm on Edge vs Rey atm.
0 Kudos

/16

[EWS]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[EWS]
Accepted Solution
So WWE have just made the Rumble meaningless? Way to go WWE.
0 Kudos

/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
Just watched the Rumble and it was actually awesome apart from Cena winning. The crowd was awesome as well, very loud and cheer for all the good people like Kennedy, Edge and Santino! :D (legend.)
I'll probably get it on DVD when it comes out
0 Kudos

/16

[Captain]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Captain]
Accepted Solution

The Melina lost to Maria after Melina pulled down Maria's trousers to reveal a kind of thong :love: and got a pin.

It wasn't a thong at all :lol:

Crap Raw last night. Pretty much all the matches were pointless.
0 Kudos

/16

Escodoom

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Escodoom
Accepted Solution
atleast with cena using his title shot at nwo theres a slight chance that he may not main event wrestlemania. and jeff to win the elimination chamber.
0 Kudos

/16
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution
I didn't see Raw and am going to watch it on Thursday. (if i can be bothered that is probably.) Edit: Oh yeah and Ric Flair vs Kennedy at No Way Out? :shame:
Any bets that Jeff Hardy is going to climb on a chamber and do a swanton?
Yeah I'm sure he will do and i hope so. He is the only one that can save No Way Out atm, i think... XD C'mon Orton, even if the writers say give the title to Cena to Orton at NWO, kick his ****ing head off and pin him anyway!XD Yeah!
Should have been a Smackdown Elimination Chamber really like I predicited for the no.1 contender with Taker winning with Taker/Edge at Mania.
Exactly but as usual WWE have to make the better brand (Raw) have it. I had a feeling they would give it to Raw because as mentioned its their number 1 show and get all of the Specialty Matches nearly. So WWE have just made the Rumble meaningless? Way to go WWE.Didn't they last year? Taker wins and its the 4th Match out of the 8. ¬_¬ I mean they could have at least had it as 7th out of 8 which i wouldn't be too bothered about i suppose. But they went and made it 4th which was before HBK's Match, Billionaires Match and even the Divas Match! It was just so plain stupid. ¬_¬ But i should know this year they will give the Main Event slot at Wrestlemania to John Cena no matter what. ¬_¬ Just watched the Rumble and it was actually awesome apart from Cena winning. The crowd was awesome as well, very loud and cheer for all the good people like Kennedy, Edge and Santino! :D (legend.) I'll probably get it on DVD when it comes outYeah they were. Also i think I'm still getting it on DVD. XD Crap Raw last night. Pretty much all the matches were pointless.Just as i was expecting...
0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

/16

[EWS]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[EWS]
Accepted Solution

Didn't they last year?
Taker wins and its the 4th Match out of the 8. ¬_¬
I mean they could have at least had it as 7th out of 8 which i wouldn't be too bothered about i suppose.
But they went and made it 4th which was before HBK's Match, Billionaires Match and even the Divas Match!
It was just so plain stupid. ¬_¬
But i should know this year they will give the Main Event slot at Wrestlemania to John Cena no matter what. ¬_¬

At least he wrestled at Wrestlemania. The whole point of The Rumble is that it is your ticket to Wrestlemania.
0 Kudos

/16
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution
Yeah but thats not the point, the point is its a MAIN EVENT slot at Wrestlemania. I mean Taker & Batista both said they would steal the show and by God they did. It was much better than HBK vs John Cena as far as i can remember in their match. Edit: Oh yeah and btw if no one knows, the Theme for No Way Out is Fake It by Seether. Tbh I'm listening to it now and it isn't that bad actually imo. (downloading it now you see...)
0 Kudos

Twitter

/16

[EWS]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[EWS]
Accepted Solution
Yeah but thats not the point, the point is its a MAIN EVENT slot at Wrestlemania.
I mean Taker & Batista both said they would steal the show and by God they did.
It was much better than HBK vs John Cena as far as i can remember in their match.

Edit: Oh yeah and btw if no one knows, the Theme for No Way Out is Fake It by Seether.
Tbh I'm listening to it now and it isn't that bad actually imo. (downloading it now you see...)

Yeah I know that. This year the Rumble isn't even a main event chance, but a match at NWO? That sucks.

WWE have been killing good PPV's for years now. Bring back old school King of the Ring.
0 Kudos

/16
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution
Actually it was John Cena who wanted the match at No Way Out. But i know what you saying, the Writers have made it like that and so on... Tbh atm I'm not bothered about it. =\
0 Kudos

Twitter

/16

[EWS]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[EWS]
Accepted Solution
Actually it was John Cena who wanted the match at No Way Out.
But i know what you saying, the Writers have made it like that and so on...
Tbh atm I'm not bothered about it. =\

We all know that Cena didn't want it at NWO, it was the company and the bookers that decided it so.

It just ****** me off, being a fan of 'rasslin' for years, when the Undertake was good, Macho Man Randy Savage was awesome, the Ultimate Warrior beat HHH (Who was known as Hunter Hurst Helmsley), The Rock was cool, The Concrete in the car storyline was awesome, when Farooq was king, I remember watching the first ladder match (Razor Ramone and HBK if I remember rightly) and it was brutal. Nothing like I had ever seen before.

When PPV's were FREE!!!
0 Kudos

/16

TheJurg

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheJurg