03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PC Gaming thread.

7,718 Replies 16,187 Views Created 28-10-2009

Welcome to the PC Gaming Thread!

Now I know there is a PS3 discussion thread and an Xbox 360 discussion thread.

So thought it was about time us PC gamers had an area to talk about...

• Upcoming Games
  • Latest Releases
  • Modding
  • Favourite Games
  • Gaming set up
  • How you feel as a PC gamer.

If you ever need advice on any of the above then this should be your first stop for all your PC gaming needs.

So go ahead and get chatting!

LABELS:
What is the point in having a signature?
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution
I use my laptops keyboard and a Rat 3 mouse
0 Kudos

Re: PC Gaming thread.

Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution
Managed to flog my 5770 Vapor-X on eBay for £58 :D

After eBay fees it'll only be another £15 or so for a 120GB SSD so I think that'll be my next purchase, didn't expect the card to sell within a few hours of being listed.
0 Kudos

/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution
I know of the benefits of an SSD but is it really worth it when the size is so small? Personally I'd go for a larger HDD, unless I could get a 500GB SSD at a reasonable price.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution
Yeah it's worth it, plus I've already got two other HDDs in this machine (a 1TB and a 500GB) so storage isn't really much of a problem.

I've just got a need for speed.
0 Kudos

/16

InsanityUK

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InsanityUK
Accepted Solution

Gaming equipment wise, I'm currently using my trusty Razer Deathadder mouse, a Corsair Vengeance K90 keyboard which I splashed out on and rocking the Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset. No brand loyalty from me!

Here's my current set-up (second monitor is an old one I found lying around, very useful though!):

0 Kudos

/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Semaphia
Accepted Solution

Orla-Ireland wrote:

What kind of gaming gear do you guys like, Like Razer, Roccat, etc? I like Razer for the keyboards and Roccat for mice =3 Razer mice can be nice but I don't enjoy the rubber feeling, and you can't really clean it because the rubber starts to shrink when you apply water to it :[

I use an Alienware keyboard my younger brother gave to me, and a RAT as it's incredibly comfortable in my hand. With my second PC I use a Sidewinder X6 and a similar mouse (X5 I believe).

Anyone recommend a good FPS before I just go back to DoD:S & Unreal? :| I keep trying Tribes, and as much as I love the Ski mechanic, it just seems to lack so much finesse when every weapon explodes.

I bought RO2 GotY edition this weekend, because I heard they patched out the major bugs (and it was 75% off! :D) Great! Realistic game modes, cool! Ohh, I see you *Shoots and hits* *Bang bang bang - Dead*. Eh, what? On hardcore, I shoot someone in the chest with a rifle at 40 metres but they don't die? Yet 2-3 MP40 bullets send me to the ground quicker than Drogba?

Sigh.

0 Kudos

/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
Oh I just got Dota2, CS:GO, Dead Space 2 & Plant's vs Zombies for under £9... Can't be bad? :|
0 Kudos

/16

Elite-Hawk

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Elite-Hawk
Accepted Solution
Dat K90 : | How is it? It's gonna be my next keyboard, are the MX reds good? No idea what key switch I want.
0 Kudos

/16

InsanityUK

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InsanityUK
Accepted Solution

The keyboard overall is excellent, it looks fantastic and the response from the Cherry Reds is excellent. Bear in mind some keys aren't mechanical, the F keys and block of keys with Delete, it hasn't been any sort of issue for me though. The build quality of it is great, it's pretty heavy making it nice and sturdy and all the keys are laser etched so the letters won't ever rub off.

The media keys are nice and simple and work well as intended. The G keys are nice and useful too, although I've used them more for things such as photoshop hotkeys than in games. Also they're placed on a plane below the normal keys which means you're much less likely to accidently press them instead of another key.

Overall it's everything I wanted from a premium mechanical keyboard.

Semaphia wrote:
Oh I just got Dota2, CS:GO, Dead Space 2 & Plant's vs Zombies for under £9... Can't be bad? :|

Where'd you get that?

0 Kudos

/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

InsanityUK wrote:

The media keys are nice and simple and work well as intended. The G keys are nice and useful too, although I've used them more for things such as photoshop hotkeys than in games. Also they're placed on a plane below the normal keys which means you're much less likely to accidently press them instead of another key.

Something I want to know about the macro keys, how are they overall? Have you found any compatability issues with certain programs? And how well does the on the fly recording work?

0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

/16

InsanityUK

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InsanityUK
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:

Something I want to know about the macro keys, how are they overall? Have you found any compatability issues with certain programs? And how well does the on the fly recording work?

The only program I've had issues with the macros with so far is Teamspeak, I'm not sure why but I'll make a key combo as a hotkey for certain commands and the macro just won't work for it but it does for other commands, very strange and the fault seems to be with ts.

The on the fly recording works pretty well, although for a pretty complex macro I'm not quite sure but it's worked without needing editing for all my commands so far.

0 Kudos

/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

InsanityUK wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

The only program I've had issues with the macros with so far is Teamspeak, I'm not sure why but I'll make a key combo as a hotkey for certain commands and the macro just won't work for it but it does for other commands, very strange and the fault seems to be with ts.

The on the fly recording works pretty well, although for a pretty complex macro I'm not quite sure but it's worked without needing editing for all my commands so far.

So you've not experienced any problems with it on games?

0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

/16

Elite-Hawk

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Elite-Hawk
Accepted Solution
Macro keys are amazing, I can't go back to a keyboard without them, use them for everything.
0 Kudos

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Elite-Hawk wrote:
Macro keys are amazing, I can't go back to a keyboard without them, use them for everything.

Even scratching your ass?

0 Kudos

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
/16

InsanityUK

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InsanityUK
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:

InsanityUK wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

So you've not experienced any problems with it on games?

Nope, all good on the games I've tried it on which include CSS, Dota2, SC2 and Tribes.

0 Kudos

/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

I just purchased the Indie Royale bundle and I noticed that the Ship is split into 3 parts, The Ship, The Single Player and The Tutorial. All the files are about 1.6GB each so I was wondering if anyone knows if you could just download one and copy the common files into the appropriate folder and then let steam download the missing files?

EDIT: I wasn't sure if I eplained it well enough so this might explain it better.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Well ***** me. Best bundle I've seen in a while.

0 Kudos

/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

It has to be the best bundle so far. I kinda regret buying the IndieRoyale bundle now.

EDIT: I redeemed it on Steam but none of the games are showing up in my library.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution
I have a free code for Rift if anybody wants it.

These sort of MMO's bore me, so I'm not interested.
0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

/16

dannyjt

88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution
If any of you guys have Max Payne 3 on PC, how well does it run and how does it look?
0 Kudos

TonightWeRide2.jpg

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
It runs and looks so bad I threw it out of my window and went out and bought it on Xbox.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel