Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 269

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
14 Aug 2007
By ApbRwn

ApbRwn

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress

PC Support Available Here

1,894 Replies 28,651 Views Created 14-08-2007
14 Aug 2007
By ApbRwn
Hey Forumers,

I've decided to share my knowledge in computers with you all.

If you have any problems, just post here and I'll do my best to help. ;)

ApbRwn
Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

neilacker

  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
neilacker
Accepted Solution

WJB1 wrote:

neilacker wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help me, my daughters laptop as gone pop but there is stuff on the HDD that she wants back pics and stuff, god knows how many times I told her to back it up but thats kids for you LOL.

so my question is I know her HDD is ok so would I be able to stick it in my laptop and run it ok?

Or would it mess something up.

 

Cheers


 

Although the chances are that it will complain, you've still got a fairly good shot of being able to get into windows so that you can get the stuff off, try it, you can't make the situation worse. Alternatively, shove it in a desktop and boot the the HDD that's already in there.



Cheers to both of you for your replies.

I got my hands on a HDD reader looks like a card reader but bigger, but when I try opening folders in that I just get a message saying I don't have permission, so I think I will give it a try in my laptop at the weekend fingers crossed.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here



--------------------------
Add me if you want but say where your from :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution
Again, crisis averted. There's a number that you can ring that gives you a number to activate windows if you're having problems :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

WJB1

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
WJB1
Accepted Solution

dannyjt wrote:
Again, crisis averted. There's a number that you can ring that gives you a number to activate windows if you're having problems :)

 

Have you made the call yet? If not, have fun...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

WJB1 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:
Again, crisis averted. There's a number that you can ring that gives you a number to activate windows if you're having problems :)

 

Have you made the call yet? If not, have fun...


Yeah, It was pretty easy, other than the fact that the voice sounded like it was saying "h" instead of "8."

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

feitochan

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
feitochan
Accepted Solution

neilacker wrote:

WJB1 wrote:

neilacker wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help me, my daughters laptop as gone pop but there is stuff on the HDD that she wants back pics and stuff, god knows how many times I told her to back it up but thats kids for you LOL.

so my question is I know her HDD is ok so would I be able to stick it in my laptop and run it ok?

Or would it mess something up.

 

Cheers


 

Although the chances are that it will complain, you've still got a fairly good shot of being able to get into windows so that you can get the stuff off, try it, you can't make the situation worse. Alternatively, shove it in a desktop and boot the the HDD that's already in there.



Cheers to both of you for your replies.

I got my hands on a HDD reader looks like a card reader but bigger, but when I try opening folders in that I just get a message saying I don't have permission, so I think I will give it a try in my laptop at the weekend fingers crossed.



That's the problem that I was talking about since you have to change the permissions so that the account on your laptop can gain access to the files.

 

Just put changing folder permissions windows 7 (as long as the OS on your laptop is windows 7) into google and the first result should tell you what you need to do.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

neilacker

  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
neilacker
Accepted Solution

feitochan wrote:

neilacker wrote:

WJB1 wrote:

neilacker wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help me, my daughters laptop as gone pop but there is stuff on the HDD that she wants back pics and stuff, god knows how many times I told her to back it up but thats kids for you LOL.

so my question is I know her HDD is ok so would I be able to stick it in my laptop and run it ok?

Or would it mess something up.

 

Cheers


 

Although the chances are that it will complain, you've still got a fairly good shot of being able to get into windows so that you can get the stuff off, try it, you can't make the situation worse. Alternatively, shove it in a desktop and boot the the HDD that's already in there.



Cheers to both of you for your replies.

I got my hands on a HDD reader looks like a card reader but bigger, but when I try opening folders in that I just get a message saying I don't have permission, so I think I will give it a try in my laptop at the weekend fingers crossed.



That's the problem that I was talking about since you have to change the permissions so that the account on your laptop can gain access to the files.

 

Just put changing folder permissions windows 7 (as long as the OS on your laptop is windows 7) into google and the first result should tell you what you need to do.



Cheers for the info, I will give it a try at the weekend.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here



--------------------------
Add me if you want but say where your from :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

Semaphia

  • Offline
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
I went in the shed and found a few of my older computers :D I took them apart, salvaged some junk...

My PC has an E-SATA port on the front. What would be the easiest way to plug these few HDDs into my new PC? Just out of curiosity, to see whats on there :) Both obviously have OS on them (probably XP/Vista :p Anything older has been gifted down or gone long back :D). Would it be safe to just plug them into the E-SATA with the right cable?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

feitochan

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
feitochan
Accepted Solution

Semaphia wrote:
I went in the shed and found a few of my older computers :D I took them apart, salvaged some junk...

My PC has an E-SATA port on the front. What would be the easiest way to plug these few HDDs into my new PC? Just out of curiosity, to see whats on there :) Both obviously have OS on them (probably XP/Vista :p Anything older has been gifted down or gone long back :D). Would it be safe to just plug them into the E-SATA with the right cable?


I highly doubt that you would be able to since depending on the connection on the hard drive (IDE or SATA) you need to get the correct enclosure and I haven't seen any that will connect to a E-SATA port.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

sephiroth2k

  • Offline
72%
04 Rank
Progress
sephiroth2k
Accepted Solution

any help would be great having an issue with my graphics in game when i try to play the pixels are screwed up either in the background or on the player where the pixels stretch from the character to different parts of the screen making it see through while stretching the colour.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

My Name = デビッド英語
Photobucket





Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

sephiroth2k wrote:

any help would be great having an issue with my graphics in game when i try to play the pixels are screwed up either in the background or on the player where the pixels stretch from the character to different parts of the screen making it see through while stretching the colour.



You using Windows 8 by any chance?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

sephiroth2k

  • Offline
72%
04 Rank
Progress
sephiroth2k
Accepted Solution

is that even out yet? but no i should have said i am using windows 7 64bit never had an issue until now wierd huh

 

* just updated all my AMD software (even though it said it was up to date) and it seems to have sorted it out 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

[ Edited ]
My Name = デビッド英語
Photobucket





Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

sephiroth2k wrote:

is that even out yet? but no i should have said i am using windows 7 64bit never had an issue until now wierd huh

 

* just updated all my AMD software (even though it said it was up to date) and it seems to have sorted it out 


Yeah there's a pre-release out.

 

I was just asking because the exact same thing happened to me when I installed it. It was something to do with it not supporting the version of OpenGL that my graphics card was using.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

WJB1

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
WJB1
Accepted Solution

pokemonfan58 wrote:
I tried turning off the internet for 5 minutes and it didn't work.


:No-no: You shouldn't do that Pokey, the internet is supposed to stay on the whole time.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

thfc4ever0310

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
thfc4ever0310
Accepted Solution

my system is telling me its corrupt and is restoring, then not to turn off as it will restart itself, but after percentage bar reaches 100 per cent i am left with blank screen..... help!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

skells22

  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
skells22
Accepted Solution

I having a blue screen issue on my windons xp computer and i did de-fraged my xp computer this afternoon.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

WJB1

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
WJB1
Accepted Solution

Defragmentation will have next to no effect on whether a computer blue screens or not. Does the BSOD stay there long enough for you to read any of it?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

skells22

  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
skells22
Accepted Solution

yes

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

WJB1

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
WJB1
Accepted Solution

and...?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
15
/16

Warren_Jeeves

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
So what does it say?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
So what does it say?

What does what say?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
15
/16

Warren_Jeeves

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
The words on the back of a pack of bacon.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PC Support Available Here

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel