62%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Pop-up blocker not working!!!

10 Replies 238 Views Created 24-02-2006
I have a firewall and windows pop-up blocker. But recently the pop-up blocker has been allowing pop-ups from sites I have been on for the first time. And sometimes I've been getting adult pop-ups from family freindly websites! To cut to the chase, have you got any ideas on how to stop these pop-ups?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

[Darkside1990]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Darkside1990]
Accepted Solution
I would get a dedicated software, Like Norton Internet Security. Does everything you need easily, if your willing to fork out the cash for it. Currently listening to: Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

T_Diddy37

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T_Diddy37
Accepted Solution
sounds like adware/spyware search google or download.com for a program to delete all the mess
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

[Inkman]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Inkman]
Accepted Solution
Well I didn't read your post, but I got the first pop up that i've ever had in ages like as soon as I clicked on the title
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

kooIkid201

62%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kooIkid201
Accepted Solution
na not adware or spyware. It indicates that it has blocked a pop-up but at the same time the pop-up appears. Im updating norton right now.
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

GunTeng

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GunTeng
Accepted Solution
Not neccessarily adware. Eventually they always find a way past the pop-up blockers. Make sure you have the pop-up blocker set to the highest setting & that should prevent the majority of the few pop-ups you get.
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

[Darkside1990]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Darkside1990]
Accepted Solution
quote:
Originally posted by koolkid201: na not adware or spyware. It indicates that it has blocked a pop-up but at the same time the pop-up appears. Im updating norton right now.
Oh yeah with norton you need to update it after a couple of months, otherwise all the features stop walking. happened to me.
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

[Adze]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Adze]
Accepted Solution
im running a scan on this malware remover right now. it scans in the internet explorer window pretty clever
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

[Sapphire2]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Sapphire2]
Accepted Solution
I am forever getting pop-ups no matter what programme i use to block them they don't stop and it is getting so flippin annoying now. I have tried Ad-aware Norton's Spybot Windows anti spyware and they still keep coming Gossip is the last Refuge of People who have no Live's
0 Kudos

GRRRRRRR

/16

[rogueblade]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[rogueblade]
Accepted Solution
quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire2: *stuffy stuff*
just curious sapphire, what browser are you using? --------------------------------------------------------------- My deviant art A whole new look. was finisher. Not now. The CChaters forum! Just a place for alittle bit of no restrictions fun
0 Kudos

No Subject

/16

[canbuz3]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[canbuz3]
Accepted Solution
As pop ups are made via HTML it cant be that theye have got around you pop up blocker have you got any softwhare on and what is you setting is you popup blocker on i reconmend it to be on medium go to tools>internet options>privact tab>popup balocker and settings the thingy is there for changing the porio click hear for windowes deffender hear ^^^^^^ add this to all ur sigs http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/b-l-i-t-z/defenderhome_640x201copykkkk.jpg but take the star out the end Help people have clean pc's
0 Kudos

No Subject

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel