64%
02 Rank
Progress

Sleep Paralysis

[ Edited ]
50 Replies 474 Views edited 05-06-2010
05 Jun 2010
By twigs2001

I've had sleep paralysis for the last 4 day's, due to lack of sleep i think, the only way i can describe it is like being on acid (i have never taken acid) and having a bad trip, except you can't move and feel useless, the first time when it happened there was a shadow figure of a little girl walking besides my bed, when the figure touched my hand i woke up, it was scary but at the same time amazing, and i can remember myself trying to cry out for help but no sound was coming out of my mouth except a screeching type noise, every time it happen's you alway's get this feeling that theres a presence in the room, and your body start's to feel ice cold...after i woke i was fine, and i am thankful i got to experience this, except the last 3 time's i have chose not to open my eye's for more then a few second's because i may see something i don't want to, so it hasn't being to bad lately, the one i had last night lasted about 15 second's as i managed to wake myself up, the 15 seconds consisted of a loud chainsaw noise, and a heavy weight in my hand as though someone was pulling on it, i just told my mind i was holding a dumbell tho and i felt more relaxed, i want to have one tonight, because now i am getting used to sleep paralysis and i will keep my eyes open for the full length, i have told myself no matter what i see or how freaky it is, i am going to try and overcome it and turn it into something spectacular, even tho ill probably crap my pants. Does anyone else have sleep paralysis?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
twigs2001
Accepted Solution

ronilzizou wrote:

im interested in this. how can you make yourself get sleep paralysis. i dont think ive ever had it before :(

I get it when im extremely worn out/tired and when im drifting off i keep waking back up..then it just happen's out of nowhere...hard to explain.

0 Kudos

Re: Sleep Paralysis

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ronilzizou

96%
03 Rank
Progress
ronilzizou
Accepted Solution

well my sleeping pattern's completely messed up, hope i get sleep paralysis! looks awesome :P

0 Kudos

I am not Tedthedog... i am ZIZOUthedog

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution

ronilzizou wrote:

im interested in this. how can you make yourself get sleep paralysis. i dont think ive ever had it before :(

I don't think there's a way...well, actually there is but it involves crazy-person-bed-straps, a strong injection, and me standing on your chest - and doing all this by surprise in the middle of the night before you wake up. Email us your home address and a bunch of us might be able to hook you up. Please also state in your email if you would like the "floating around the room experience" and we'll gently carry you about the room and bump you into the ceiling before the 'paralasys experience' begins. I think there could be a market for this.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
twigs2001
Accepted Solution

It's not awesome when you get that intense feeling of fear and feel helpless while somethings in the room with you lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
Yeah, what Twigs said...it can be bloody aweful, at best it can be very very strange, at worst you think something evil is going on and maybe even you are going to die.

It's more than just a weird dream or sensation, it's very frightening at times.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
90%
13 Rank
Progress
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

Firstly, sleep paralysis only affects a very small percentage of the population. Secondly, having it four days on the trot sounds like something isn't quite right - either mentally or physically. It's a rare occurence, and to have it that frequently would suggest a trip to the quack might be in order....just to be on the safe side.

I haven't had an episode for a few years now, but for me it was always the most frightening of experiences - trying desperately to shout for help yet you can't,  whilst being completely paralysed. Not the nicest of feelings. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
Oh god Force, you just reminded me of the 'straining to scream for help' - I've been told by the fiance that the most that came from me was a struggled miniscule and forced groan, but as though it just wouldn't 'come out' of me.

I'm getting short of breath thinking about it!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
90%
13 Rank
Progress
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

Lol it's the main thing I remember, and I try to do it every time ! Funny you mention that you've been told what you sound like when you do it. I've always been on my own when trying to scream for help, and I've always wondered afterwards if I actually managed to make any sound or not ?!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
Force, lmao, I always wondered too! When I knew Paula was awake whilst I was having my 'episode' I asked her.

You know what's really scary though, the fact that you WERE actually trying to scream for help and that it was no dream, you COULDN'T get it out - weirder still is the fact that you are having a right bloody nightmare of a scenario inches away from someone who could help you but you just couldn't communicate your absolute terror! Now THAT is freaky!

*shudder*

I'm not sure, but I think once or twice I might have broken through it and got a shout out...I dunno. lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
twigs2001
Accepted Solution

Some of the stories i've read are disturbing, people being dragged out of bed and down the stairs etc...*****!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
Also, I always used to dream of flying, either of my own accord by climbing through my window after the "floating about the room experience" or via means of cycling a tiny little bike with no wheels...yeah, lol, I dunno either!? lmao

Flying I like, falling back to my bed aint that bad either, I've even had the sensation of turning a scary dream around into a good one, as though in control - that could just be a dream itself though - and that's fine, even nightmares can be OK sometimes, like giving a fealing of accomplishment or survival.

Heartbreak dreams can put you off for a whole day as though they happened, so I can leave those, and that fealing of dread - as though I just feel the inevitability of a dreadful experience coming as my eyelids struggle to stay open in defence...that, along with the other scary asects of paralysis still do scare me.

Like you say though Plank, I find it an incredible bizzarity of being a human. Kudos to humans for being weird. Great.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
OK Twigs, I'm officially not going to sleep tonight you ***hole. lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
twigs2001
Accepted Solution

TheMethod wrote:
OK Twigs, I'm officially not going to sleep tonight you ***hole. lol

Lol i know! i can link you to a vid on youtube of one of the video's if you like, i stopped watching it at about 2 minutes in because next time i go to bed i'd be thinking about it and more or likely it would happen to me lmao...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
Hit me with it....OK my boiler just made a weird noise nad my plumbing rattled about in the attic above my head like footsteps and I nearly plopped all over the bed. lol You laugh, but I'm over 30 years old. This thread is evil. F*** it. (gimme the link)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
twigs2001
Accepted Solution

Amg can't find the scary one but this one makes me nervous lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMUz8RAjks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
twigs2001
Accepted Solution

Now im going to be dreaming of the shadow man and the old women :(

Edit - maybe the shadowy figure of a little girl i saw was infact the old hag o.O

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

o_Kanariya_o

96%
02 Rank
Progress
o_Kanariya_o
Accepted Solution
S.C.A.R.E.D.
A c t u a l l y
0 Kudos

You're giving me a headache...!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrelandSniper

96%
08 Rank
Progress
IrelandSniper
Accepted Solution
last night I woke up to an arm over my face, nearly wet myself.
Turned out that it was my own arm, and it decided to stay asleep. Was so weird.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
87%
04 Rank
Progress
TheMethod
Accepted Solution

lol

This reminds me of what I laughingly call "Chicken Zinger Leg" or "Chicken Zinger Arm".

Starts with a dead weight arm, normally followed by a springy ZZZZZIIIINGGGG sensation in your hand every time you move, it, but you know you have to move it to get the blood flowing.

lol, I love the human body. Any chance to make a fool out of you, it will!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrelandSniper

96%
08 Rank
Progress
IrelandSniper
Accepted Solution
What made it even worse, was that I had been out that night and started to think I had been followed home
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FrankstaPasta

68%
02 Rank
Progress
FrankstaPasta
Accepted Solution
All you guys are weird. I've never had this, i think thers stuff wrong with yous. O.O

LOL jk i is the creepy little girl, you can always tell when i've been coz i've gone on your playstation for a few hours too, always check your controllers guys. Unusually clean? s'coz i compulsively clean them.....

hug?
0 Kudos

RAWR.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel