03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

So I was wondering..

[ Edited ]
22 Replies 441 Views edited 23-06-2012

I was watching Japanese television, its one of them TV applications you can get but you pay for this one and my favourite anime Ninchijou was on, its a comandy(cant spell the word) one and does not take its self serious, there was one part in the anime, and I was wondering, if something like this played on British TV, would the complaints sky rocket to OFcom? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqqGgSe6qfI&feature=relmfu 

The reasion I ask this, is because sometimes years ago, channel 4 or something would play a Dub anime, and I want to know if its things like this that made them stop? You'll know what I mean when you watch the link.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
No it's because Japanese Anime is generally perverted with skinny characters and over-sized boobs, with girls feeling eachothers boobs up for poos and giggles.
0 Kudos

Re: So I was wondering..

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
/16

Orla-Ireland

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Orla-Ireland
Accepted Solution

I suppose =D! I know there is no market here as well, but always had me wondering why they stopped, I guess what you say pretty much sums it up, if you ignore the fact that at 12am every night there are chat TV shows with topless woman =D

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Right now I feel like I'm the filling in a lezer sandwich.
0 Kudos

/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

:Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol:

:Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol:

Anime is just awful now... not like Akira for example.

The anime you see splattered, vomited, skittered, smeared, coughed all over the likes of Youtube is - it's just weird and a bit too hyper like they're all on drugs.... The worst of it is when you get white people acting like they're Japanese anime characters.. totally creepy... they all need shouting at "You're NOT kawii you're just a dumb white british kid who needs medication!!!!!!!!!!"

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Orla-Ireland

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Orla-Ireland
Accepted Solution

emw80 wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Anime is just awful now... not like Akira for example.

The anime you see splattered, vomited, skittered, smeared, coughed all over the likes of Youtube is - it's just weird and a bit too hyper like they're all on drugs.... The worst of it is when you get white people acting like they're Japanese anime characters.. totally creepy... they all need shouting at "You're NOT kawii you're just a dumb white british kid who needs medication!!!!!!!!!!"

''White people''? You don't actually know what your talking about then do you? Most Japanese teenagers, and adults, like to keep there skin white. If you where aiming insults to me however, My dad is Irish and my mom is not I wont tell you what that concludes :] And its an insult to call an Irish person British. Every single Anime has clips on youtube as well. I believe there is something wrong with you as you've failed to be even one bit funny =(

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
You have to remember that since the 00's, everything is a business.
In the past people would produce anime or music providing they could keep doing it, break even and put enough food on their tables. Now it is not this way. So like music, most Anime comes out of a cookie cutter. The industry sets a standard that it MAKES people enjoy, so that generally most things they release from the same cookie cutter end up successful. It is also why you see many collaborations in music , TV, and lots of things being done by more than one studio.
0 Kudos

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Anime is fine, there are lots of different sections to anime, some is just as good as akira.

There are different sub sets of anime, some are perverted, some are not, some are aimed at adults some are aimed at everyone.

Manga comes from comics.

None of the types I watch ever have perverted stuff in them, fma, bleach, studio ghibili..

The reason channel 4 stopped was popularity and cost. The shows dont come dubbed, the tv channel buying it has to dub it themselves, American tv channels often pay to have shows dubbed out of their own pocket. For how many people watch anime in the UK it wasnt worth channel 4s time, so they would have to do a deal with another channel.

British people have gotten lazy and a bit like the americans, in general they wont read a subbed film anymore. Its very niche compared to in the past where it would have been normal to know 3 or 4 people who watched subbed films or shows.

Even when they do get dubbed versions, purists complain.

its just not big enough.

Its huge in france, where they dont mind readding subs.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Have Irish people gotton lazy too?
0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Gotten lazy? :Lol:

0 Kudos

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

I was gonna say, aren't they born lazy, and mothers breast feed with guiness, or put guiness in bottles?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

My excuse is I'm using the PS3 browser.......don't quite know where to take it from here so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

I just noticed that post was my 5000th post, what a waste.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Yeah, but its the British leading the way, most obese people in Europe sitting at home claiming the dole unable to read subtitiles because they left school when they were 12 because they became a mum and dad, durrr turka turka.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Damn them Brits and their lazy ways, why I oughta.......
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Damn them Brits and their lazy ways, why I oughta.......

0 Kudos

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Must be terrible for you:( Being wedged inbetween two naked sweaty girls like a peice of meat.

0 Kudos

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
/16

Madame-Sin

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Madame-Sin
Accepted Solution

Mike939 wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Must be terrible for you:( Being wedged inbetween two naked sweaty girls like a peice of meat.

What if they're the very manly looking lesbians, though?

Would that be a plus or a minus?

You know the ones I mean, you see them driving buses and that.

0 Kudos

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Madame-Sin wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

That would probably make it worse yes D:

0 Kudos

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Mike939 wrote:

Madame-Sin wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

That would probably make it worse yes D:

I bet after a couple of cans of Special Brew you wouldn't struggle too much.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:
No it's because Japanese Anime is generally perverted with skinny characters and over-sized boobs

Indeed. But there must be a down side to it as well, surely?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel