LordRoss

• Community Coordinator

The Queen is awesome!

131 Replies 1,055 Views Created 01-06-2012
01 Jun 2012
By LordRoss

:Lol:

So folks,

What you doing over the Jubilee weekend?  Have you got any street parties planned or throwing a house party of your own or perhaps even coming to see the London celebrations?

Alternatively you could be doing nothing, but I like to think that we are all doing something.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

I enjoyed the River Pageant despite the rain, although it did get a bit silly towards end and would of been so much better in the sunshine plus it was a shame we didn't have the flypass etc but hey ho.

My train driver this morning on way to work (London) did apologise for the rain, which made me smile.  I like it when train drivers have friendly chat over the comms as opposed to the usual "We are now arriving at Victoria".

Anyway the Festival tomorrow outside Bucky Pally.  I'm not going :( but hopefully it will be on TV.

I do have Tuesday off, anything happening that day? Probably not.

0 Kudos

Re: The Queen is awesome!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

I like it when train drivers have friendly chat over the comms as opposed to the usual "We are now arriving at Victoria".

I usually assume that they've been drinking when they do that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

I like it when train drivers have friendly chat over the comms as opposed to the usual "We are now arriving at Victoria".

I usually assume that they've been drinking when they do that.

I think ya probably right as the later the night is the more likely it is to happen and the more bizarre it gets.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Waiting for William and Kate to take over, so we can have pride in the monarchy again and actually have some truely English people at the helm. 

Only then, will the people in this multi-cultured ancient and incredibly innovative nation be truely justified in calling this country GREAT Britain again - some of us haven't forgotten about Diana you know? 

One day, maybe hundreds of years from now, I think Princess Diana will definitely and rightly so, be made a saint - Elisabeth II I don't think so!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stokesy131

90%
05 Rank
Progress
stokesy131
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Waiting for William and Kate to take over, so we can have pride in the monarchy again and actually have some truely English people at the helm. 

Only then, will the people in this multi-cultured ancient and incredibly innovative nation be truely justified in calling this country GREAT Britain again - some of us haven't forgotten about Diana you know? 

One day, maybe hundreds of years from now, I think Princess Diana will definitely and rightly so, be made a saint - Elisabeth II I don't think so!

I respectfully disagree, it's Phillips charm and intelligence coupled with the Queens exuberant personality that go towards making this nation great.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Rubbish!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stokesy131

90%
05 Rank
Progress
stokesy131
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Rubbish!

What makes you say that?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

One day, maybe hundreds of years from now, I think Princess Diana will definitely and rightly so, be made a saint

For what - services to media manipulation or sleeping around while married?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
And spawning a ginger baby.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Indeed. Although I imagine that remains very much an unmentioned event in royal circles.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Warren_Jeeves wrote:
What is this fixation you have about kids - can't you have them or something? 
Ginger baby? Is that what your problem is, you were bullied at school for having ginger hair? They didn't stick your head down the loo to try and wash it off did they?
Now that would have been cruel - funny though!
Haa haa hee hee - definitely a candidate for Youtube material I would say
                                                            :Lol:
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Not if Prince Charles dies before the Queen, then the crown would be passed on to Prince Andrew and then it would be Princess Beatrice to inherit the throne instead of the Prince William. In 2022 HM Queen Elizabeth II would be celebrating her last ever Jubilee... The Platinum Jubilee. If she makes to this milestone, she'll be the longest reigning monarch in British history and the first to celebrate the Platinum.

Long live the Queen! 

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Not if Prince Charles dies before the Queen, then the crown would be passed on to Prince Andrew and then it would be Princess Beatrice to inherit the throne instead of the Prince William. In 2022 HM Queen Elizabeth II would be celebrating her last ever Jubilee... The Platinum Jubilee. If she makes to this milestone, she'll be the longest reigning monarch in British history and the first to celebrate the Platinum.

Long live the Queen! 

If your way of thinking is right it would be princess Anne before Andrew pretty sure she's older?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Not sure about if Charles dies it passes his kids but if it is then it would go to Andrew before Anne because he's male.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

Not if Prince Charles dies before the Queen, then the crown would be passed on to Prince Andrew and then it would be Princess Beatrice to inherit the throne instead of the Prince William.

No, next in line after Charles is William, then Harry, then Andrew and those vile daughters of his. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I think he was trying to say, well he did say, if Charles dies before he becomes king then William and Harry wouldn't get a look in. First I've heard of that one.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Harry is an interesting one in terms of succession, given his parental circumtances. Unlikely to ever be a issue in practice though.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

That_Soton

95%
06 Rank
Progress
That_Soton
Accepted Solution

i rather not have a queen tbh 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

That_Soton wrote:

i rather not have a queen tbh 

I'll let her know.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

I'm an animal lover & I remember my mother telling me how she'd never forget or forgive the queen for smiling would you believe when a baby elephant was running around looking for it's mother that had just been murdered by somebody on one of those damn hunts they like to go on. 

I've often wondered if Lady Diana would still be with us if that piece of work hadn't taken her HRH away!

I also remember how she responded when a very ill child with a ventilation tube up her nose gave her a bouquet of flowers on her last jubilee. Instead of kneeling down & properly communicating with the child like Diana would have done or any normal mother come to that, she took the bouquet from this child who can't have been more than about six years old as if the child had leprosy or something!

She had to be almost dragged kicking & screaming back to London to do the right thing by her subjects - us gullible sods!

She's power hungry & nearly lost it, if it hadn't have been for Tony Blair.

Some of us don't forget or forgive!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

I also remember how she responded when a very ill child with a ventilation tube up her nose gave her a bouquet of flowers on her last jubilee. Instead of kneeling down & properly communicating with the child like Diana would have done or any normal mother come to that, she took the bouquet from this child who can't have been more than about six years old as if the child had leprosy or something!

Like Diana would have done if there was a TV camera pointing at her, and she would have ensured that there was.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel