Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 200

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
22 Nov 2009
By chickenwing46

chickenwing46

  • Offline
87%
05 Rank
Progress

WWE is Stupid

70 Replies 660 Views Created 22-11-2009
22 Nov 2009
By chickenwing46

All wrestling is stupid and yesterday on the radio i heard this guy saying he thinks WWE is a great sport

 

He said football,rugby and tennis isnt a sport he said "its an act" :P

 

Does anyone really think its real....cos if you do you'd wanna hit yourself over tthe head with a "steel chair" 

Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

lynchy59

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
lynchy59
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

lynchy59 wrote:

bigsteviecool20 wrote:

I disagree.


 

Your right without the Attitude era and the big starts people recognised as real wrestlers, and not these acting showmen of today.The WWE would not be as big as it is, and maybe wouldn't be still around. Especially after the multi-million dollar court case with the WWF over the name and branding.

 

The stars of attitude era e.g Rock & Stone Cold, in their prime would easily beat the likes of Cena. The only real remaining wrestler imo is The Undertaker. The Rock went onto fame and fortune in the TV and Movie business, not sure what happened to Stone Cold/ Steve Williams, but i think had many criminal charges and had a drugs problem.


You say you agree with him, but then say your fave wrestler is one of the few surviving zaney characters, the undertaker.

The fact that the superstar champions became generic musclemen with one line catch phrases which appealed to the action film kids at the time, is the reason that although it has big viewers, isnt what it used to be in terms of entertainment.

The reason people watched it every week was for mankind, the under taker, kane, the bigbossman etc the zane characters, and when they never brought the zane back to the champions it kind of fizzled out with them becoming generic muscle men and people like undertaker getting watered down, they still have the odd sad attempt at a zaney character like hornswaggle etc..

You seem to have mis quoted me here, i said Undertaker was one of the only remaining real wrestlers because he was from the time when WWE/WWF was at it's peak. But i didn't say he was my fav, far from it lol. My fav wrestler was Stone Cold but now just watch it when nothing else is on.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid



Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

lynchy59 wrote:
You seem to have mis quoted me
Ahh right..
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

lynchy59

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
lynchy59
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

lynchy59 wrote:
You seem to have miss quoted me
Ahh right..

Okay... :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid



Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
07
/16

thenoobkiller

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
thenoobkiller
Accepted Solution
TBH, The Undertaker and Steve Austin could never be called 'real' wrestlers. They just worked their gimmicks well. Don't get me wrong, they're thoroughly entertaining chaps.

Bret Hart, Chris Benoit (despite his appalling actions), Dean Malenko et al were real wrestlers.

I went to see British wrestling at the Assembly Rooms in Derby when I wes a child. Big Daddy Vs Giant Haystacks... LOL. 2 fat blokes bouncing people off their bellys!

Davey Boy 'Young David'/' The British Bulldog' Smith and Dave 'fit' Finlay also used to perform with them (Back when they actually did real wrestling moves and holds) before they got pumped up and cleared off to the US.



I loves it. All the old crap British stuff from World of Sport and the OTT world of WWE etc. :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

fenian

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution
wwf was never about real wrestling tho, You would see more wrestling watching randy couture in ufc with his greco-roman style.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
07
/16

thenoobkiller

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
thenoobkiller
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:
wwf was never about real wrestling tho, You would see more wrestling watching randy couture in ufc with his greco-roman style.


Yup. The court case notwithstanding, WWE was always a better name than WWF. It's purely entertainment.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

bigsteviecool20

  • Offline
97%
04 Rank
Progress
bigsteviecool20
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

lynchy59 wrote:

bigsteviecool20 wrote:

I disagree.


 

Your right without the Attitude era and the big starts people recognised as real wrestlers, and not these acting showmen of today.The WWE would not be as big as it is, and maybe wouldn't be still around. Especially after the multi-million dollar court case with the WWF over the name and branding.

 

The stars of attitude era e.g Rock & Stone Cold, in their prime would easily beat the likes of Cena. The only real remaining wrestler imo is The Undertaker. The Rock went onto fame and fortune in the TV and Movie business, not sure what happened to Stone Cold/ Steve Williams, but i think had many criminal charges and had a drugs problem.


You say you agree with him, but then say your fave wrestler is one of the few surviving zaney characters, the undertaker.

The fact that the superstar champions became generic musclemen with one line catch phrases which appealed to the action film kids at the time, is the reason that although it has big viewers, isnt what it used to be in terms of entertainment.

The reason people watched it every week was for mankind, the under taker, kane, the bigbossman etc the zane characters, and when they never brought the zane back to the champions it kind of fizzled out with them becoming generic muscle men and people like undertaker getting watered down, they still have the odd sad attempt at a zaney character like hornswaggle etc..

With all due respect, when you say zaney gimmicks, i think of Doink The Clown, Warlord, Ultimate Warrior, Adam Bomb,The Godwinns, The Ding Dongs, etc

 

Undertaker's gimmick is far from zaney, its unique, to start off with it started off as gothic as the pale old school undertaker with the grey gloves but he made the gimmick his own.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid

The Anti-CoD and MoD Video Gamer

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

FootieGamerUK

  • Offline
96%
04 Rank
Progress
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution

I've had two phases of wrestling. Attitude era like Wrestlemania 16/17 time. (which was epic)

 

And about 3 years ago.

 

Annoys me when people say it's fake, it's staged, it still hurts if you were to jump off a ladder through a table. Eastenders is 'fake' but you don't see people going 'he didn't really shoot him'

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: WWE is Stupid

 photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel