Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 115

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03 Aug 2012
By Wretched_Hawk

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress

Welcome to Jurassic Park

37 Replies 228 Views Created 03-08-2012
03 Aug 2012
By Wretched_Hawk

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/07/31/clives-going-jurassic-sunshine-coast/

 

This is the same ecentric billionaire who plans to make a perfect working copy of the Titanic. Question is, as mad as cloning dinosuars sounds, if he did... would you go? And if you do can I come along and play Jeff Goldblum?

 

Also, reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
Flying High!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

ProjectVRD

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution
You'd think he would finance some amazing science project... not dinosaur related. Is there a return in building a two mile big laser battery to fire at planets in nearby star systems? Yeah, that would be cool!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park


 


I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 


@TweetScientific


 


If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice


But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,


Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!


Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

emw80

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

Now I'm up for this!! palaeontology has always interested me from an early age, thats nothing too unusual is it?  

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

EdwCarnby

  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
I would go to Jurassic Park :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
11
/16

Spotter5

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Spotter5
Accepted Solution
I would invest all my money in a Jurassic park and happily work for free at it
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

emw80

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

I think i also might work at a real jurrasic park for free. IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

 

I want a pet dino for crimbo now.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Okay... so you guys work there... now which one you does the dodgy deal and initiates the computer virus thus letting out the dinos which then rampage whilst I over act and move my hands and fingers in amusing ways whilst tripping over my words in twee way whilst talking about chaos theory and trying to chat up someone else's missus?

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Flying High!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
11
/16

Spotter5

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Spotter5
Accepted Solution
My favourite Dinosaur is Microraptor
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
dannyjt
Accepted Solution

Imagine if he put all of that money into something like developing a way for us to move over to Hydrogen power, then he'd have no money :D

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

[ Edited ]
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
12 Rank
Progress
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
I wouldn't go to jurassic park, I saw that documentary where it all went wrong :|

:lol:

would be quite cool to do, could potentially gain more of an understanding of them. Better some eccentric billionaire funding this that taking government science funding that could be better spend elsewhere.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
13
/16

TheNarrator

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
13 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

michelle_tabor wrote:
I wouldn't go to jurassic park, I saw that documentary where it all went wrong :|

:lol:

would be quite cool to do, could potentially gain more of an understanding of them. Better some eccentric billionaire funding this that taking government science funding that could be better spend elsewhere.


we all know if the government tried it, there would be a rampage or outbreak of some kind. and most certainly zombie-dinosaurs in there aswell.

 

this guy sounds like hes the kind of person that would bring dinosaurs back to life just to give them

away as cool Christmas presents one year, then move onto something else.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

[ Edited ]
KZAM!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Did you say zombie dinsoaurs?

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Flying High!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
I don't think it's right, cloning species. They won't be the same, they won't have their own proper instincts etc. they'll just be complete fudge ups. Don't do it if it's possible D:
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
12 Rank
Progress
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:
I don't think it's right, cloning species. They won't be the same, they won't have their own proper instincts etc. they'll just be complete fudge ups. Don't do it if it's possible D:


to be honest the chances of success are very low anyway, they had to try god knows how many times with dolly the sheep and they had an actual sheep to implant the embryo into rather than just a vaguely similar ish animal.

 

It would be like saying "oh no sheep are exctinct, oh use this goat instead it's nearly the same"

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
07
/16

foxhill

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
07 Rank
Progress
foxhill
Accepted Solution

Chaos theory says it's doomed to fail!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Mike939
Accepted Solution
Pretty sure I heard somewhere (well everywhere that the question can dinosaurs be cloned has been asked) that 365 million years is just too long a gap to get DNA to be able to clone them, and even if they did find some it would be so broken down it would be useless. Most of what they did up is just rock anyway isn't it.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Mike939 wrote:
Pretty sure I heard somewhere (well everywhere that the question can dinosaurs be cloned has been asked) that 365 million years is just too long a gap to get DNA to be able to clone them, and even if they did find some it would be so broken down it would be useless. Most of what they did up is just rock anyway isn't it.


Yeah I don't think the approach from the film would work, but sharks and crocodiles I think date from the same time. Although dinosaurs descend from avian roots, if an equivalently old bird was found, maybe the genetic match would be close enough (similar to that between humans and chimpanzees) for crazy scientist to "tweak" the differences to end up with dinosaur DNA?

 

Got no grounds for that - just throwing it out there ;)

Maybe I should patent the idea, just to make sure it doesn't happen...?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Mike939
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

Mike939 wrote:
Pretty sure I heard somewhere (well everywhere that the question can dinosaurs be cloned has been asked) that 365 million years is just too long a gap to get DNA to be able to clone them, and even if they did find some it would be so broken down it would be useless. Most of what they did up is just rock anyway isn't it.


Yeah I don't think the approach from the film would work, but sharks and crocodiles I think date from the same time. Although dinosaurs descend from avian roots, if an equivalently old bird was found, maybe the genetic match would be close enough (similar to that between humans and chimpanzees) for crazy scientist to "tweak" the differences to end up with dinosaur DNA?

 

Got no grounds for that - just throwing it out there ;)

Maybe I should patent the idea, just to make sure it doesn't happen...?


Actually i've seen a documentry were they said thats one of the ways they could get a dinosaur, or something dinosaur like at least.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

GIVE ME DINOSAURS!!!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Flying High!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

emw80

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

Wretched_Hawk wrote:

GIVE ME DINOSAURS!!!


 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Wretched_Hawk wrote:

GIVE ME DINOSAURS!!!


Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Jurassic Park


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel