84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

What do you want from Playstation 4?

111 Replies 707 Views Created 20-06-2012

So nothing was said about Playstation 4 during E3 2012.  I was extremely dissapointed.

Got me thinking about what I would like from a new system.

1) Better on line service.  Get rid of playstation home as it sucks.

2) Head sets in the box on release date.  Games are better when you can talk to your friends.

3) Cross game chat.

4) Better graphics and a system thats easy to program for.  This will encourage more developers to work on Playstation instead of the other system.

5) A reasonable price for the console.  I dont want a games console that does everything,  I just want a games console.

6)  A change to the dual shock controller.  We have had it virtually the same for years.  Please finally give us proper triggers for driving games etc.

7) The best graphics ever.

8)  Trophies system improved.  Rewards such as discounts on games or DLC on hitting a certain trophies target etc.  Trophies that sync automatically to the server.

9)  More memory.

What would you good people want from PS4?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

kevballs

87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kevballs
Accepted Solution
For it to do one thing, and one thing only........ Play games... no video features, no internet browser, no music, not a single extra.
Just the ability to play games.
0 Kudos

Re: What do you want from Playstation 4?

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

cook me breakfast or a app for it.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

people to stop putting these stupid threads up.

Ps4 will have what sony want & no amount of moronic opinion threads will make a difference.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution

I'll give my opinion on each point in turn but tbh - play the new games well.

never_give_in wrote:

So nothing was said about Playstation 4 during E3 2012.  I was extremely dissapointed.

Got me thinking about what I would like from a new system.

1) Better on line service.  Get rid of playstation home as it sucks.

I don't use home but many do so I wouldn't say get rid of it, online service is fine imo but Im not a massive user but better is always, well, better.

2) Head sets in the box on release date.  Games are better when you can talk to your friends.

I don't use a headset like most but I would if it were included, it is a thing that people who play online a lot moan about so I'm for this.

3) Cross game chat.

Not fussed but many are.

4) Better graphics and a system thats easy to program for.  This will encourage more developers to work on Playstation instead of the other system.

Easy to program for I think is essential - the graphics are amazing on exclusive games because they are programming for this system (which I've heard is difficult to program for). If it is easy to write/port for then better graphics will hopefully follow, along with the required RAM etc.

5) A reasonable price for the console.  I dont want a games console that does everything,  I just want a games console.

absolutely, I'd rather pay £2-300 for something that does games well than £500 for something that does everything - I have a pc for facebook etc.

6)  A change to the dual shock controller.  We have had it virtually the same for years.  Please finally give us proper triggers for driving games etc.

I disagree, dual shock is fine IMO. I dunno what functionality is like for steering wheels etc.

7) The best graphics ever.

A bit subjective but certain good is to be expected.

8)  Trophies system improved.  Rewards such as discounts on games or DLC on hitting a certain trophies target etc.  Trophies that sync automatically to the server.

They will not give dlc, discounts etc for trophies as it will encorage gamesharing/buying of trophies more than happens now.

9)  More memory.

Obviously.

What would you good people want from PS4?

comments in bold.

0 Kudos

/16

jfontyman

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jfontyman
Accepted Solution
More memory more memory more memory, this is where all consoles are lacking but need more of.... 4Gb minimum and don't cut for costs.

BDXL

Configurable APPS

Lighter quicker intuitive interface, loose the XMB.

Keep bluetooth.

Keep and expand the media capabilities, a games only console = onlive
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Minimum specs

1 Gb/s Wifi. 

3 Thunderbolt ports (with legacy discounted Ethernet adapters from day one for the old school.)

8 GB memory ( double what they need as normal they get things wrong by half )

HDMI and above connections only supported( no optical audio either, other devices have allready ditch CRT/SD output, time SCE did as well. )

Minimum audio on spec games DTS-MA. PCM 7.1 prefered by SCE.

Dual HDD Bay

•  One for OS HDD and Game storage. The other for PSN and Digital installed Media tied to the Next  item.

PSN ID Tag verification system.

• This means you have a RF digital key on you that can be paired Automaticly as you move from PS3 to PS3 (no more manual account activation. Cars allready have keyless usage this is just an extension) 

Universal PSN download management.

1 Download contains all Versions of the software. (Enforced no choice. PS-mobile is included buy default If you choose not to be brand loyal that is your loss.) 

• PS vita 
  • All Tablets
  • HDTV version (they will have bigger SSD storage to transfer a little game. )
  • PS3 legacy versions
  • Mobile phone, no matter the make of PS mobile device.
  • PS4 game version.

Legacy HDMI thought port for PS3.

Emulation WILL NOT be possible as CPU, GPU, APU, PPU will not be emulator compatable due to being X86 family.

Only 3 langauages supported buy system.

Japanese, English, Mandarin.

Er one other extra but i Can't remember what is called.

That wireless Credit card reader thing thats now replacing chip and pin.

(It takes all your data from the credit card automaticly every thing needed and pays the bill. Its being added to mobile phones as well. )  

Just a starting point for PS4 its not out for years yet.

As normal EU version will be delayed. The chinese distro companies wont ship to EU shops untill the EU companies pay the out standing debts owed to China in full. ( China will be incharge of the whole planet buy the time EU gets PS4, in case you have not been paying attention.).

Direct online ordering only for EU hardware. pre payment required before shipment.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

Minimum specs

1 Gb/s Wifi. 

3 Thunderbolt ports (with legacy discounted Ethernet adapters from day one for the old school.)

8 GB memory ( double what they need as normal they get things wrong by half )

HDMI and above connections only supported( no optical audio either, other devices have allready ditch CRT/SD output, time SCE did as well. )

Minimum audio on spec games DTS-MA. PCM 7.1 prefered by SCE.

Dual HDD Bay [way to expensive for the average gamer and over complicating a system makes it work inefficiently] 

•  One for OS HDD and Game storage. The other for PSN and Digital installed Media tied to the Next  item.

PSN ID Tag verification system. [Too complicated, just have on online backup website in case our consoles do break down, then we could have easy access to switch them off even for video content]

• This means you have a RF digital key on you that can be paired Automaticly as you move from PS3 to PS3 (no more manual account activation. Cars allready have keyless usage this is just an extension) 

Universal PSN download management. [Great list but they might have problems with compatibility and security when it comes to mobiles.]

1 Download contains all Versions of the software. (Enforced no choice. PS-mobile is included buy default If you choose not to be brand loyal that is your loss.) 

• PS vita 
  • All Tablets
  • HDTV version (they will have bigger SSD storage to transfer a little game. )
  • PS3 legacy versions
  • Mobile phone, no matter the make of PS mobile device.
  • PS4 game version.

Legacy HDMI thought port for PS3. [Not even sure what that is and emulation is important for backwards compatibility.]

Emulation WILL NOT be possible as CPU, GPU, APU, PPU will not be emulator compatable due to being X86 family.

Only 3 langauages supported buy system. [never gonna happen as we're European (SCEE); so some European languages will be added as well.]

Japanese, English, Mandarin.

Er one other extra but i Can't remember what is called.

That wireless Credit card reader thing thats now replacing chip and pin.

(It takes all your data from the credit card automaticly every thing needed and pays the bill. Its being added to mobile phones as well. )  Still in pilot stages at the minute and I doubt many people would adopt, so Sony would have to have some form of other payment scheme like having PSN Cards available.]

Just a starting point for PS4 its not out for years yet.

As normal EU version will be delayed. The chinese distro companies wont ship to EU shops untill the EU companies pay the out standing debts owed to China in full. ( China will be incharge of the whole planet buy the time EU gets PS4, in case you have not been paying attention.).

Direct online ordering only for EU hardware. pre payment required before shipment.

You see this is the reason why Sony should never ever listen to us or even ask hardcore gamers, cos we come out with a specifications list that's way over complicated and full of gadgets. We want a machine that is well adapted to gaming  and the extras e.g. tablets & iphones support, just having the basic of requirements needed. I don't want my PS4 to turn into a PC that can do spreadsheets; just keep it purely for gaming, music and movies. lol

EDIT: Same as what Alestes said and Sony to branch games out more to the wider audience instead isolating parts of the world with exclusive content ie SCEJ,  SCEA. I feel as though I've missed out on great games due to this region ruling. Sony Computer WORLDWIDE Entertainment would be more fantastic

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

I just want to see a significant leap with the next console but I don't think we will and Sony know this as well. 

PlayStation Group CEO explains why the firm's next console skipped E3 this year

Sony is not prepared to demonstrate its PlayStation 4 console until the system can demonstrate 'a significant leap' in technology, the group chief executive of SCE has explained.

In a rare interview with industry publication MCV, Andrew House appeared to challenge the emerging view that the next batch of game consoles will not provide a considerable leap in technology.

Asked why Sony did not showcase the next PlayStation at E3 this year, he said: "The right time to talk about new advances in hardware is when you can demonstrate a significant leap on the current experience, and something that is going to be attractive."

"Beyond that we have nothing to say at this point," he added.

Analysts and executives at rival companies have already claimed that next-generation graphics will not leap as far forward as the current generation did from the previous.

Recently, Nintendo president Stator Await questioned whether consumers will ""be able to realise the difference" between current and next generation technologies.

It is widely believed that Sony will reveal PlayStation 4 at E3 next year, if not sooner.

Going by usual Sony trends the next generation (It wont be called PS4 because the number 4 is unlucky in Japan) would have been announced by now and be on the shelf's for Christmas. But for me I'm happy with this generation still and The Last of Us and God of War Ascension says hi :)

Games already take long enough to make, think how bad the next generation will be waiting for all your top AAA games to be released.

This is one of the worst years I've known for top games and then everything that is bunched up for Christmas are being delayed into next year.. :| Yeah I really can't wait for next gen.

0 Kudos

/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

Are we really ready for a PS4 though, I still feel the PS3 has some life left in her yet to be honest.

0 Kudos

/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mezzor
Accepted Solution
I already have £600 saved in a savings account ready for when the PS4 is released :-)

I just want full backwards compatability and for it to be more reliable, had 3 PS3's since launch and feel that a console should be made to last not a few years and then it overheats etc.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Looks like the Xbox 720 (seriously I wont be buying purly for its stupid name) leaked document was true then.

The document uncovered a few months ago dates back to 2010, and shows Blu-ray compatibility, augmented reality glasses, a new Kinect, and a 2013 release window. It also shows a $299.99 price point.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/902786-microsoft-admits-xbox-720-document-is-real

The question is will the next PlayStation be released at the same time? 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

davey23

• Beta Tester
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davey23
Accepted Solution
As I'm currently going through the pain of having YLOD, the one thing I would like is the ability to restore from backup to another PS3. I have PS+ which has protected most of my important saves (why only 150MB?) but having to go through my download list to work out what I need to re-download is a real pain as is the fact that I have to download all the patches when I run the game - the first one I did was GT5 which took quite some time and I have 70Mbps downloads (although rarely get more than 20Mbps from PSN). My regular backup regime (although only once every couple of months) has proved completely useless. Thank god I have completley unlimited broadband, who knows how much I will end up downloading (I had well over 300Gb on the old drive) I hope console doctor can fix my original....
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

mezzor wrote:
I already have £600 saved in a savings account ready for when the PS4 is released :-)

I just want full backwards compatability and for it to be more reliable, had 3 PS3's since launch and feel that a console should be made to last not a few years and then it overheats etc.

Never going to happen.

As the PS2 (failed to run PS1 titles), PSP (failed to run PS1 titles) ,PS VITA (failed to run PSP titles and PS1 support is Still Completely Blocked ) and PS3 (failed to run PS1 & PS2 titles ) have Shown Full backwards compatability has been impossible... 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mezzor
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

mezzor wrote:

Never going to happen.

As the PS2 (failed to run PS1 titles), PSP (failed to run PS1 titles) ,PS VITA (failed to run PSP titles and PS1 support is Still Completely Blocked ) and PS3 (failed to run PS1 & PS2 titles ) have Shown Full backwards compatability has been impossible... 

I can dream though.... right?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

JoeNut

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JoeNut
Accepted Solution
Im still running a launch ps3.
0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sig courtesy of ninjaowen
/16

Mr_Evo

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Evo
Accepted Solution

Well i am easy, all i want are some rear USB ports. I hate having my PS3 Eye cable trailing out the front. Other than that, i am sure i will be happy with what ever Sony brings to the table. 

0 Kudos

/16

SHOT-R1

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHOT-R1
Accepted Solution

I am sure Sony will retail ps4 at the price of £299.99 because there don't want to do the same mistakes of the last ps3 launch when they lost lot of a money so they probably want to take safe measures.

0 Kudos

/16

JoeNut

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JoeNut
Accepted Solution
Something that plays games perfectly, none of this "living room hub" nonsense they tried with this gen, I want to play games, and watch movies. nothing else.
0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sig courtesy of ninjaowen
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

JoeNut wrote:
Something that plays games perfectly, none of this "living room hub" nonsense they tried with this gen, I want to play games, and watch movies. nothing else.

I'd go further and say it should just play games, and do that well. Why films? It won't happen though because of the perception by both Sony and many customers that having more features equates directly to a better product. Despite the fact that having more features will increase the costs and selling price, and that someone who tries to do too much rarely does any of it well.

Unless there is a radical transformation in Sony's product development stragegy I suspect they will deliver a console that is mediocre at playing games, but which has better technical specs, allows you to exchange endless audio, video and textual crap with other people, and broadcasts your every thought and bodily function via Facebook and Twitter.

And people will sit there playing on it, reminiscing over the days when all they had from a console was engaging gameplay. Which was all they really wanted.

0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

JoeNut wrote:

I'd go further and say it should just play games, and do that well. Why films? It won't happen though because of the perception by both Sony and many customers that having more features equates directly to a better product. Despite the fact that having more features will increase the costs and selling price, and that someone who tries to do too much rarely does any of it well.

Unless there is a radical transformation in Sony's product development stragegy I suspect they will deliver a console that is mediocre at playing games, but which has better technical specs, allows you to exchange endless audio, video and textual crap with other people, and broadcasts your every thought and bodily function via Facebook and Twitter.

And people will sit there playing on it, reminiscing over the days when all they had from a console was engaging gameplay. Which was all they really wanted.

Yeap agree totally... Faffing with the consoles to include a Bus (games), Train (Social networks) and a car (movies); you know it's gonna end badly and going by my ludicrous thinking; you know which one would fare better.... The Train; as it's longer, uses up more space and be responsible for the worst crash. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel