By Logicintuwisdom

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Your darling bambinos - how do you discipline them?

[ Edited ]
112 Replies 551 Views edited 13-06-2012

When they are naughty, are you:-

a) A smacker?

b) Naughter stepper?

c) You use another form of discipline?

Whether a) b) or c), please state what parameters you have decided to set for yourself for the way you have chosen to discipline YOUR children? 

Also, do you feel your views are the same as what you hear in the media and our present day society or do they differ slightly or greatly as to what is the correct way to discipline our next generation?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Indeed, so called 'gifted' children with high IQs, imo definitely do not get the kind of 'fast-track' attention they need from parents that maybe are at the less affluent ends of society and also the various institutions that need to know they exist in the first place.  

That can only work effectively with a joint approach by parents and teachers, with the latter often being expected to perform both roles. The role of parents is certainly fundamental in the education process, but they are rarely able to objectively establish where their own children fit in the broad spectrum of intelligence.

But that raises the much wider issue of what used to be known as 'streaming' in schools: the recognition that everyone is not equal, and that we need to be smarter in how we implement equality of opportunity. It should never have been taken to mean equality of outcome.

0 Kudos

Re: Your darling bambinos - how do you discipline them?

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
However, stupid people will breed, but then go on to have babies that are not stupid; regardless, it is all the more reason to assist those parents who may not have a lot of common sense.

Indeed, the role of government in this context is primarily to provide a clear framework within which people must operate, the resources and support that may be reasonably required for that to be understood and achieved, and the controls and sanctions necessary for those who cannot or will not comply.

Anything beyond that becomes interference, and telling people that they can't smack their children at all is an example of that.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Spotter5

• Award Winner
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spotter5
Accepted Solution
I water board mine.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Spotter5 wrote:
I water board mine.
Yes, that was very funny, but you're not going to dilute this thread - capisce?!!!!
                                                     :No-no:
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

I find this works quite well...

I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
InfiniteStates wrote:
I find this works quite well...   I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking.
Your photo is unbelieveable, though I'm not sure I would have posted that in a public forum. Maybe you should have had one of those disclaimers - "no animals were hurt in the making of this film''.
In these hysterical and paranoid times regarding children I think you ran the risk of 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk
for posting a photo like that! I actually found myself laughing at it and then wondering and feeling slighly guilty whether I even should have been laughing at it!
Would you please elaborate on "I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking."
Are you being cynical and saying something along the lines of parents need to have eyes in the back of their heads to keep up with the antics that kids get up to these days, never mind disciplining them?!!!
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
I don't think any of us have any idea what you just said.
0 Kudos

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
I think what they mean, Logic, is they are curious as to how many parents support smacking as opposed to non parents. They are wondering if there is much hypocrisy in the college liberal camp.

0 Kudos

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
EdwCarnby wrote:
I think what they mean, Logic, is they are curious as to how many parents support smacking as opposed to non parents. They are wondering if there is much hypocrisy in the college liberal camp.
Well the point of my question was really aimed at peope with children rather than those who haven't got any. For me at least, I don't think the views of people who don't have children are as pertinent as those that do.
I have an aversion to political-correctnes versus common sense and that is why I wanted to do a sort of 'litmus test' on the differing views of parents trying to do what must be the most difficult job in life to do effectively.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
For me at least, I don't think the views of people who don't have children are as pertinent as those that do.

And I'd agree. Of course you don't need to have had children to have a valid opinion on the matter, but it is necessary to appreciate the gaps between parenting theory and reality.

0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
For me at least, I don't think the views of people who don't have children are as pertinent as those that do.

And I'd agree. Of course you don't need to have had children to have a valid opinion on the matter, but it is necessary to appreciate the gaps between parenting theory and reality.

I also agree with this.

0 Kudos

/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

In these hysterical and paranoid times regarding children I think you ran the risk of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk for posting a photo like that! I actually found myself laughing at it and then wondering and feeling slighly guilty whether I even should have been laughing at it!

I have no idea who's child that is, I just happened to find that image this morning doing an image search for "put the baby back"...

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Would you please elaborate on "I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking."

Are you being cynical and saying something along the lines of parents need to have eyes in the back of their heads to keep up with the antics that kids get up to these days, never mind disciplining them?!!!

Not remotely and struggle to see how you got from A to B.

As someone else posted, I'm just wondering (suspecting) if the pro camp is comprised of actual parents, while the anti camp is composed of non-parents with idealistic views of hypothetical parenting. Not in their entireties, but predominantly.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Spotter5

• Award Winner
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spotter5
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Spotter5 wrote:
I water board mine.
Yes, that was very funny, but you're not going to dilute this thread - capisce?!!!!
                                                     :No-no:

Well the little bugger went off and bought a load of sweets and a beano with the money i gave him to buy me some cider. I had to to do it to teach him a lesson. He's 8 years old, enough to know he should'nt do that.

and my name isn't Caprice! 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Spotter5 wrote:
Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Spotter5 wrote:
I water board mine.
Yes, that was very funny, but you're not going to dilute this thread - capisce?! :No-no:
Well the little bugger went off & bought a load of sweets & a beano with the money i gave him to buy me some cider. I had to to do it to teach him a lesson. He's 8 years old, enough to know he should'nt do that. & my name isn't Caprice!Well assuming you're not winding me up in the first place - & I know damn well that you are:-
a) You shouldn't be sending him off to buy you alcohol in the first place!
b) You shouldn't be getting blotto, whilst you're looking after this eight year old anyway, unless there is another sober adult in the buidling; & even then I'm sure you're being blotto around him regardless isn't a healthy influence.
c) I didn't call you caprice I said capisce - which you well know what I mean & you're being a disruptive wind up merchant!
Please desist you activities on this thread at one - you're being a silly person!
:Stupid:
0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Spotter5 wrote:
Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Spotter5 wrote:
I water board mine.
Yes, that was very funny, but you're not going to dilute this thread - capisce?! :No-no:
Well the little bugger went off & bought a load of sweets & a beano with the money i gave him to buy me some cider. I had to to do it to teach him a lesson. He's 8 years old, enough to know he should'nt do that. & my name isn't Caprice!Well assuming you're not winding me up in the first place - & I know damn well that you are:-
b) You shouldn't be getting blotto, whilst you're looking after this eight year old anyway, unless there is another sober adult in the buidling; & even then I'm sure you're being blotto around him regardless isn't a healthy influence.
c) I didn't call you caprice I said capisce - which you well know what I mean & you're being a disruptive wind up merchant!
Please desist you activities on this thread at one - you're being a silly person!

Yes, please. Disappear from the forums while you're at it FaultyLogic.

0 Kudos

/16

anomolousblob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
anomolousblob
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Spotter5 wrote:
Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Spotter5 wrote:
I water board mine.

Yes, please. Disappear from the forums while you're at it FaultyLogic.

Would you like it if i said that about you? Give the guy a break, he has every right to be here just as you do.

0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
I wouldn't care if you said that to me.

Many people don't want his ignorance round here if you must know :)
0 Kudos

/16

anomolousblob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
anomolousblob
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:
I wouldn't care if you said that to me.

Many people don't want his ignorance round here if you must know :)

I wouldnt say that :smileywink:

Though just because you dont like what someone posts shouldnt mean you constantly flame them.

0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
Why? It's not just me who flames him y'know :)
0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
I'm still waiting for my flamecannon to fire back up again.
0 Kudos

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
Logic, Blob, how would you discipline this child?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0WgWWH2dbc
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel