Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 82

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

10 Jun 2012
By That_Soton

That_Soton

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

can you help me?

13 Replies 167 Views Created 10-06-2012

 

to cut a long story short my gran turismo 5 went missing for several months and now i've got it back it is installing 17 updates on my new ps3 anyway what im wondering is will my old save work i have it backed up on memory stick and copied it to my ps3 gotta wait till these 17 updates finish to find out its probably gonna take like 8 hours or somethin

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
12
/16

dannyjt

  • Offline
88%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dannyjt
Accepted Solution
No.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

05
/16

stokesy131

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stokesy131
Accepted Solution
Nope. Wouldn't even bother with the patches tbh. :/
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?


06
/16

That_Soton

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
That_Soton
Accepted Solution

 

why and why wont it work? 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
It's the same game, just with some updates.

Why do you think the save wouldn't work?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Isn't the game save protected to stop people copying it to a different PS3?

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Beta Tester
12
/16

mattsimmo

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution
should work fine.

@patc - it was patched a while back so you could back it up. originally you couldn't.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

mattsimmo wrote:
should work fine.

@patc - it was patched a while back so you could back it up. originally you couldn't.


I see, thanks for clarifying.

 

That is good news :Mad:

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
I'd made the assumption that because he was able to copy the save it isn't save protected.

I've just had a quick google and it was save protected but they took it off. It is linked to your psn so would have to be using the same as before.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Award Winner
07
/16

foxhill

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
foxhill
Accepted Solution

michelle_tabor wrote:
I'd made the assumption that because he was able to copy the save it isn't save protected.

I've just had a quick google and it was save protected but they took it off. It is linked to your psn so would have to be using the same as before.


Michelle you really shouldn't put in that much effort helping people out around these parts.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Award Winner
15
/16

Warren_Jeeves

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

foxhill wrote:

michelle_tabor wrote:
I'd made the assumption that because he was able to copy the save it isn't save protected.

I've just had a quick google and it was save protected but they took it off. It is linked to your psn so would have to be using the same as before.


Michelle you really shouldn't put in that much effort helping people out around these parts.


But some of us like to be nice and go that extra mile.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
It was hardly a lot of effort, new tab, about 5 words into my address bar and google search results came up.

I occasionally try to be helpful, I don't feel so bad when I am joining in with everyone being mean :lol:
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Award Winner
07
/16

foxhill

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
foxhill
Accepted Solution

michelle_tabor wrote:
It was hardly a lot of effort, new tab, about 5 words into my address bar and google search results came up.

I occasionally try to be helpful, I don't feel so bad when I am joining in with everyone being mean :lol:


Well, it's hardly difficult for the OP to do that himself now is it? If someone can't be bothered to do something that simple themselves they really don't deserve other people being helpful towards them. :smileytongue:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

06
/16

That_Soton

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
That_Soton
Accepted Solution

It worked! thanks michelle 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: can you help me?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel