43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

final fantasy on the store

21 Replies 942 Views Created 23-08-2009

i am writing this message to ask the playstation network to put classics like final fantasy 8 and 9 available on the playstation store or make them at least compatible the 60 gig versions of the ps3. i know if they had these games in the store the majority of the fans will buy these games even if they have the original disks and new comers to final fantasy will get hooked all i am asking if you can make it so that i can play my favorite games playable on the ps3 system 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Darkly_Dave

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkly_Dave
Accepted Solution
I spoke to the boss of Sony who actually does read these boards in his spare time, and he said no.
0 Kudos

Re: final fantasy on the store

darkly_dave
/16

twig614

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
twig614
Accepted Solution

Darkly_Dave wrote:
I spoke to the boss of Sony who actually does read these boards in his spare time, and he said no.

all i can say is he is making a big mistake. it makes me want to buy an old ps1 and i bet a lot of people will agree
0 Kudos

/16

Darkly_Dave

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkly_Dave
Accepted Solution

twig614 wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

all i can say is he is making a big mistake. it makes me want to buy an old ps1 and i bet a lot of people will agree

I will make sure to tell him about your proposal next time we have brunch.

0 Kudos

darkly_dave
/16

sep4ir0tth

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sep4ir0tth
Accepted Solution

Darkly_Dave wrote:

twig614 wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

Can anyone else say GULLIBLE
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Darkly_Dave

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkly_Dave
Accepted Solution

sep4ir0tth wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

twig614 wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

LOL. Very. But in all seriousness now, I thought FF7 was on the PS Store?

EDIT: Ah yeah it is, but 8 and 9 are not. They probably never will be either OP, i'm sure Sony have been asked for this a million times. 

Message Edited by Darkly_Dave on 23-08-2009 05:16 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

darkly_dave
/16

Makkendaali

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Makkendaali
Accepted Solution

Darkly_Dave wrote:

sep4ir0tth wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

twig614 wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

LOL. Very. But in all seriousness now, I thought FF7 was on the PS Store?

EDIT: Ah yeah it is, but 8 and 9 are not. They probably never will be either OP, i'm sure Sony have been asked for this a million times. 

Message Edited by Darkly_Dave on 23-08-2009 05:16 AM

yup, Instead we get awesome games like the little mermaid 2 and championship bass... oh wait, nobody wants that crap.

0 Kudos

/16

twigs2001

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
twigs2001
Accepted Solution
Hey i like fishing ;)
0 Kudos

/16

The_Jongmeister

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Jongmeister
Accepted Solution

Who needs Final Fantasy VIII when you can play..................................

Disney's Hercules!

0 Kudos

/16

ratchetnclank

98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ratchetnclank
Accepted Solution

Darkly_Dave wrote:

twig614 wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

:Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol:

:Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol:

0 Kudos

/16

Hyperguy20

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hyperguy20
Accepted Solution

LMAO at this thread.

0 Kudos

/16

twig614

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
twig614
Accepted Solution
i tell you what if any of you do not agree with the playstation directors decision leave a post here and make him listen. i have faith in all final fantasy fans and if we put are mind to it we will make him change his mind 
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Roxas598

• Beta Tester
92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Roxas598
Accepted Solution

twig614 wrote:

Darkly_Dave wrote:

ROFLMFAO Reply of the week right there 

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

DANNY3194

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANNY3194
Accepted Solution

Darkly_Dave wrote:

Haha! sarcasm, or you do actually know him :O In that case iI'm sure he doesn't read these forums.
0 Kudos

/16

o_Kanariya_o

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
o_Kanariya_o
Accepted Solution

OH EM JEE

Because I am like one of the best members here now... I just received a Private Message from one of the head bosses from Sony, he said

"Dear; Kanariya,

Being as you are such a prominent leader role type member within the community of the EU playstation forums, I would like to take this opportunity to write to you with the good news that we are really impressed with community member 'twig614's suggestion to include both Final Fantasy 8 and 9 into the playstation store. Upon further review of this idea it has also been decided to port over all previous Final Fantasy games into the store (all around the same price as Final Fantasy 7). The reason we decided to message you and not twig614 directly is due to the fact that he is not well known in the community, we wish to create a hype for this idea and as much as we are both happy and excited about these games we don't want people to laugh at the idea because it's not believable, we hope that by allowing you to post this, people will believe it and start sitting on the edge of their seats in anticipation.

The release dates are as follows (these are all expected, not confirmed)

FFI - later on today

FFII - tomorrow

FFIII - the day after

FFIV - the day after that

FFV - the day after that

FFVI - the day after that

FFVII - This is already out, make people buy it.

FFVIII - two days after that

FFIX - sometime in 2013. (We just don't really likes Zidane)

Please make sure to pass this message on as we feel it is of dire importance.

We would also like to take this opportunity to offer twig614 a role within the Sony Playstation company, we would like him to suggest PS1 classics to be ported into the PS store. Please tell him to PM you directly with his answer

Hugs and Kisses sexy babe

- Mr Sony Director Man 

xoxo"

Message Edited by o_Kanariya_o on 24-08-2009 03:48 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
You're giving me a headache...!

/16

Darkly_Dave

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkly_Dave
Accepted Solution

o_Kanariya_o wrote:

OH EM JEE

Because I am like one of the best members here now... I just recieved a Private Message from one of the head bosses from Sony, he said

"Dear; Kanariya,

Being as you are such a prominant leader role type member within the community of the EU playstation forums, I would like to take this opporunity to write to you with the good news that we are really impressed with community member 'twig614's suggestion to include both Final Fantasy 8 and 9 into the playstation store. Upon further review of this idea it has also been decided to port over all previous Final Fantasy games into the store (all around the same price as Final Fantasy 7). The reason we decided to message you and not twig614 directly is due to the fact that he is not well known in the community, we wish to create a hype for this idea and as much as we are both happy and excited about these games we don't want people to laugh at the idea because it's not believable, we hope that by allowing you to post this, people will believe it and start sitting on the edge of their seats in anticipation.

FFI - later on today

FFII - tomorrow

FFIII - the day after

FFIV - the day eafter that

FFV - the day after that

FFIX - sometime in 2013. (We just don't really liks Zidane)

We would also like to take this opportunity to offer twig614 a role within the Sony Playstation company, we would like him to suggest PS1 classics to be ported into the PS store. Please tell him to PM you directly withi his answer

- Mr Sony Director Man 

xoxo"

:Lol: He actually sent me that exact email, but I forgot to post it. Mr Sony will be pleased that you did. 

0 Kudos

darkly_dave
/16

o_Kanariya_o

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
o_Kanariya_o
Accepted Solution

Darkly_Dave wrote:

o_Kanariya_o wrote:

OH EM JEE

Because I am like one of the best members here now... I just recieved a Private Message from one of the head bosses from Sony, he said

"Dear; Kanariya,

Being as you are such a prominant leader role type member within the community of the EU playstation forums, I would like to take this opporunity to write to you with the good news that we are really impressed with community member 'twig614's suggestion to include both Final Fantasy 8 and 9 into the playstation store. Upon further review of this idea it has also been decided to port over all previous Final Fantasy games into the store (all around the same price as Final Fantasy 7). The reason we decided to message you and not twig614 directly is due to the fact that he is not well known in the community, we wish to create a hype for this idea and as much as we are both happy and excited about these games we don't want people to laugh at the idea because it's not believable, we hope that by allowing you to post this, people will believe it and start sitting on the edge of their seats in anticipation.

FFI - later on today

FFII - tomorrow

FFIII - the day after

FFIV - the day eafter that

FFV - the day after that

FFIX - sometime in 2013. (We just don't really liks Zidane)

We would also like to take this opportunity to offer twig614 a role within the Sony Playstation company, we would like him to suggest PS1 classics to be ported into the PS store. Please tell him to PM you directly withi his answer

- Mr Sony Director Man 

xoxo"

:Lol: He actually sent me that exact email, but I forgot to post it. Mr Sony will be pleased that you did. 

Don't lie!
He told me in a prior message that he won't send anyone else one, are you sure he didn't send you the message about pushing FF13's release date forward by changing the graphics to PS1 standards?

I think they want to re-release the PS1 to be honest.

0 Kudos

You're giving me a headache...!

Beta Tester
/16

Rae1990

• Beta Tester
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rae1990
Accepted Solution

LoL

just LOL

and all my FF Discs wrk from (I - XII) 

on my 1st Gen 60gb

Message Edited by Rae1990 on 24-08-2009 04:48 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

twig614 wrote:

i am writing this message to ask the playstation network to put classics like final fantasy 8 and 9 available on the playstation store or make them at least compatible the 60 gig versions of the ps3. i know if they had these games in the store the majority of the fans will buy these games even if they have the original disks and new comers to final fantasy will get hooked all i am asking if you can make it so that i can play my favorite games playable on the ps3 system 

Weirdly enough they are all compatible with all ps3's as they are all ps1 games but they're very hard to get hold of a copy of each as they're as rare as rocking horse *****.

0 Kudos

/16

Milky_08

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Milky_08
Accepted Solution
Only place I could find final fantasy 7 in town wanted £15 for it in bad condition :O
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

twig614

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
twig614
Accepted Solution

Muttykins wrote:

twig614 wrote:

Weirdly enough they are all compatible with all ps3's as they are all ps1 games but they're very hard to get hold of a copy of each as they're as rare as rocking horse *****.

you would think that would be the case but i still have the original disks and the only one that works on the ps3 is final fantasy 7

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel