94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

wow who really cares

98 Replies 562 Views Created 12-06-2010

does it really matter if we win the footy or not its not exactly going to change your life is it

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

balsawood

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
balsawood
Accepted Solution
My dad used to say, football is a gentlemans game played by thugs and rugby is a thugs game played by gentleman.

That's all.
0 Kudos

Re: wow who really cares

drb,forum,sig
/16

rob-b1967

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rob-b1967
Accepted Solution
I can't believe people are still under the illusion that it is the game that attracts yobs. Yobs will go anywhere to start a fight or cause trouble, football or not. There is fights and "gorilla" noises every week in pubs and clubs up and down the UK, just because they feel like doing it.

And to say all football fans do this is totally misinformed and clearly just what you've read in tabloids. I'm 20 and have loved football since the age of 4 or 5, and only been drunk once in my life. I hardly ever touch alcohol. I also go to watch live football every week and watch it on TV. Am I a yob?

If football wasn't the most popular sport they'd just fight over something else. It's not the game that causes it.
0 Kudos

/16

XLOOX

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XLOOX
Accepted Solution

I care.

0 Kudos

/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution
A lot of people care if England win the world cup.
0 Kudos

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
/16

Soiled_Man

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Soiled_Man
Accepted Solution

You can't expect everything on TV just to suit your needs, stations have to make shows suitable for all diffrent walks of life.

There is nothing wrong in liking football, I am not a big sports fan but I like to follow the worl cup. I have problem with people liking it or any other show/sport etc.

You should like what you like and not be ashamed. People who spend their lives moaning about stuff on tv etc are just wasting their lives.

0 Kudos

/16

Nonhippyhippy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nonhippyhippy
Accepted Solution

Just to start off I will point out I'm not what would generally be described as a football fan.. I don't have a favorite team, I don't watch Match of the Day every week, I am not one of the people who know every player on every team.. Motorsports and baseball are more my thing..

But that said, I understand every football fan entirely.. I watch the World Cup and a fair few of the Champions League games.. I love seeing the skill of athletes and the glory of victory in huge competitions, the spectacle is immense.. Only somebody with no interest in any sports would fail to understand that... I am a huge Yankees fan, and last year they won the Fall classic (I prefer that term to World Series, because I can admit it's not a world series :P) and I understand the emotional connection that people can have with a team they support and willing them to win.. Sure I know it doesn't affect me in any way, but sometimes you can feel like you are there winning with them.. Since the World Cup is not just a club game but people going out to play for their country that feeling can only be magnified..

That is why people care.. Gawge summed it all up perfectly "For those who haven't experienced it, no explanation is possible. For those who have experienced it, no explanation is required."

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

TheMethod

• Award Winner
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheMethod
Accepted Solution
I think, in no perticular order, and not formed into proper sentances because I can't be bothered...Choice. Freedom of choice. Remote control changes channel. KTHXBYE
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution
Who really cares? Football fans, probably.
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Football isnt my fave game, but its fantastic seeing the top players in the world in games where they play for passion rather than money.

They might make a name for themselves, but i dont think there is a single person int he world cup that wouldnt want their team to win a world cup, their country to win, at all costs.

Thats fantastic to see no matter the sport, and its fantastic to see people going around smiling, hopeful, that their country can do well. Most countries will party just for getting out of the qualifying stages, the world cup really is that hard, some will party that they got that far, and if their team did them proud for them games they will party.

Fantastic.

0 Kudos

/16
75%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoodedSolidSnake
Accepted Solution

I care, but not so much that I would start a riot or hurt anyone, it's just a bit of fun every 4 years.

0 Kudos

Formerly realsince1999.

/16

Richy-R10

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Richy-R10
Accepted Solution

Some comments make me laugh, the world cup is for everyone to enjoy, for the people that moan about it they tend to be some sad weirdo who sits inside allday and thats a fact,(not everyone but most)

And to whoever complained about the people staggering down the street with an england top after the match does that mean i have an IQ of a pea just  because i came out ***** up singing songs then went to get even more ***** in the clubs, the way i see it is you gotta have a good time which i did and not be a boring *****, also actually it was 1 of the best nights out this year just because most had england tops on and everyone just got on with each other and i actually didnt see a fight happen which i usually do see every saturday night i go out

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Richy-R10 wrote:

the world cup is for everyone to enjoy, for the people that moan about it they tend to be some sad weirdo who sits inside allday and thats a fact

It isn't a fact at all. Kindly stop talking cobblers.

0 Kudos

/16

Richy-R10

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Richy-R10
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

Richy-R10 wrote:

the world cup is for everyone to enjoy, for the people that moan about it they tend to be some sad weirdo who sits inside allday and thats a fact

Yea it is, Its the people that MOAN about it are the loosers, why not just get on with what ever they were doing its once in 4years  its not gonna effect them surely. Its just the weirdos with no social life it was like that at school the quiet ones on there own used to moan about stupid things like that

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Richy-R10 wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

Richy-R10 wrote:

Yea it is, Its the people that MOAN about it are the loosers, why not just get on with what ever they were doing its once in 4years  its not gonna effect them surely. Its just the weirdos with no social life it was like that at school the quiet ones on there own used to moan about stupid things like that

You maybe need to look up the difference between facts and opinions. Lazy stereotypes would perhaps be next on the list.

0 Kudos

/16

Lifeshield

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lifeshield
Accepted Solution

andie2247 wrote:

does it really matter if we win the footy or not its not exactly going to change your life is it

No, not really, however I am English (well half English) and proud to support the country I live in and serve and will avidly follow any English team regardless of their sport when competing at such a high level and wish them all the best.

Don't worry about what is important to other people. Just enjoy your own life. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel