auzzie1077

52%
02 Rank
Progress

PSN PASSES

16 Replies 349 Views Created 30-10-2011
30 Oct 2011
By auzzie1077
Hello, I'm here to state my issues with the new PSN PASSES required to play online games such as 'Resistance 3'
The PSN PASS codes are only for a one off use , that being sayed you cannot let friends borrow games without paying $15 to play online and they will probably have the game for only a few days.
I my self buy alot of preowned games and trade in a game or two every now and then, but this is silly.
I'm sure a majority of all PSN users purchase preowned games and now they have to pay the additional fees to play online.

I'm sure people will comment otherwise to my opinions but I believe that this is a pointless operation they have enforced on all future games to be released.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution

I don't see a problem with it, personally. Second-hand sales do not make any money for the developers at all, with the stores getting all the profit for those sales. I feel the developers deserve to have their payday, especially if they produce a great game.

At least they can get a little money from the PSN passes for every second-hand copy of the game. It will surely lead to more great games in the future.

…and tough on your cheapskate friends for not getting the game themselves. :D

0 Kudos

Re: PSN PASSES

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TEABAGNEMESIS

• Beta Tester
86%
05 Rank
Progress
TEABAGNEMESIS
Accepted Solution

Well I don't agree with them, personally. I believe that it's just a tax on the 2nd hand market. Developers get their paycheck from the publishers. Except for the cases of the really big developers who publish their own games, I understand it's the publishers who get all the money from the passes. Regardless, money is changed hands when the games are purchased new. Charging the person who buys it second hand to play online is simply money for jam on the part of the publishers. If no-one bought any PSN passes, I doubt the games industry would change too much.

1 Kudo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
xXGirlnextdoorXx
Accepted Solution
The developers had their payday. Developers get their paycheck from the publishers , understand it's the publishers who get all the money from the passes. Do artists get money for 2nd hand sales of their music? Do producers , directors , actors get money for 2nd hand sales of their movies?... How dare you call peoples friends cheapskates , and thinking you are funny , You're not even mildly amusing . You should be ashamed and so should this forum for giving you the title . You don't even know what you're talking about .
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
The MPAA and RIAA (amongst their contemporaries in other regions) have been trying to find a way to stop second-hand sales of music and movies for years. That the game industry has found a way to get a little money from second-hand sales just means that they were more successful than their music and movie counterparts. Even book publishers dislike the existence of second-hand bookshops. That is the way of the market.

Also, modern games are equaling, if not surpassing, the budgets required to make a blockbuster movie. The investors (who are often the publishers) need to be sure they can recoup their costs, as well as making a profit so they can fund future games. Imagine the dross we would get if they didn't (Yes, I know, some of it is already dross, but that happens in other media industries too).

Logic trumps emotional outbursts every time.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
xXGirlnextdoorXx
Accepted Solution
That the game industry has found a way to scam money from second-hand sales just means that they will fail in the long run . Logic says you're a grumpy old fart who nobody listens to in real life hence your need to post never ending dribble on a forum . Your tag says grumpy your posts are recycled droll in which you endlessly repeat yourself with a copy and paste feature , till they number in the 1000,s .You have no life beyond this forum , it is obvious to anyone with Logic ! I don't feed trolls , or kangaroos ok skippy .
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
Whatever helps you sleep at night, E-X-E-C-R-A-T-E's alt account.
1 Kudo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jack_Daniels08

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Jack_Daniels08
Accepted Solution

Renze wrote:
Whatever helps you sleep at night, E-X-E-C-R-A-T-E's alt account.

Lol you called him out before I could. I wonder how many alt accounts he has.

0 Kudos

''Only after disaster can we be resurrected.'' - Tyler Durden.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Skippy_Renze08

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Skippy_Renze08
Accepted Solution
lol :) Don't know ,but he'll never have as many as us Jack . Renze alt account..
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
Nice try, but nobody here is going to believe that is me. For one, I never use "lol" - I'm far too old for that.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Skippy_Renze08

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Skippy_Renze08
Accepted Solution
I do not suffer fools gladly. You know who you are.:P Renze alt account
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Maverick-John

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Maverick-John
Accepted Solution

:S the world of the PS forums also resort to alt accounts.. How sad.

0 Kudos

photo mystic_sig_zps1205e126.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
im sure impersonating another member is against the T&C's
hopefully we will see him banned
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

RandAPle4

• Award Winner
95%
04 Rank
Progress
RandAPle4
Accepted Solution

By the way, Renze is from New Zealand. They don't have kangaroos there.

1 Kudo

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
45%
02 Rank
Progress
Sarge_The_Awsome
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem with battlefield 3, I bought it brand new, unused or any thing. I type in the reedem code. then comes up with, you type it wrong or it's invalid, which cant be true cause it is brand new. :Mad: this is annoying, I know what there trying to do, but we want more freedom

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stupidbunnysuit

90%
05 Rank
Progress
stupidbunnysuit
Accepted Solution

Hi Sarge,

If you call our support centre, we can tell you exactly why that code will not work for you.

Cheers

-sbs

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shadow_walkerOZ

63%
03 Rank
Progress
shadow_walkerOZ
Accepted Solution

I don't see too much of a problem with it. There are a few tweaks that need to be made to the concept first though.

Some people rent games to see if they like it enough to spend $100+ on first. You can't do that with the current online pass system. Not without paying around $15 for a pass to play it for one night and potentially hate it and never play it again.

Also, it kills that safety net of being able to return a game for full store credit if it just plain sucks. Once you use that one-time-use code you can't return it for what it cost you to buy possibly the same day even. I know that they don't like people returning their games to the store within the first week and getting something else but if they made a better game, maybe people would keep it longer than a week.

They need to make it so that any account can try the online experience for say an hour or two and see if they wanna spend the cash on it.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel