03 Jul 2011
Playstation Staff

PSN Store "Re-Download" Limit Question - PLEASE HELP!

1 Reply 1,458 Views Created 03-07-2011

Me and my friend (Let's call him BOB) both have 120GB PS3s. I'm often over at his house, so I decided to create a Login for myself on his PS3, using my PSN details. I then remembered I can "Re-Download" PSN Store products to BOB's console, so that way we can both get the games. I did this for about 2-3 games.

However, BOB's PS3 recently crashed, and he had to get a replacement through Warranty. I decided to "Re-Download" the same games to his new PS3, however I then remembered there is a limit on how many "Re-Downloads" you can perform (I believe it's 5).

Has this used up another one of my "Re-Downloads" for these games? If so, what happens when I reach this limit?

I know there's probably a forum post about this already, but to be honest, I'm fairly new to forums, and I wasn't really sure what to search for.

All help is much appreciated :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2 (1,458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Store "Re-Download" Limit Question - PLEASE HELP!

Gamesharing goes against the terms of service and user agreement that you and your friend "bob" agreed to when creating PSN accounts. It is also known as piracy and is illegal in most, if not all, countries. There is no limit to the number of times a single item can be downloaded, but a limit on the number of activated consoles that they can be downloaded to. But this does not give you the right to give away stuff to four of your friends. The five activated consoles refers to any that may be owned by your family at the time (some people have more than one) and any consoles you get (refurbished replacement or new purchase) in case of hardware failure. I suggest you read the terms of service and user agreement carefully before you get the authorities knocking at your door.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (1,455 Views)
0 Kudos