PlayStation®Network

PlayStation®Plus

PlayStation®Plus

13 Dec 2013
By: QuietlyWrong MVP 8574 Posts
Level 13

PlayStation Plus Update – January 2014

8 Replies 2683 Views Created 13-12-2013

It's time to find out what's coming in January's PlayStation Plus subscription! The big change-over for PS3 and Vita happens on Christmas Eve so be ready for it, especially if you haven't downloaded Grid 2, Dragon's Dogma or Sonic and Allstars Racing yet!

Here are the details, taken from Chris Howe's blog update...

lead image dmc

Hi everyone! It’s time again to share details of all the goodies coming your way as part of PlayStation Plus over the next month. We’ve got a brand new PS4 game, two huge PS3 titles and two cracking PS Vita games to keep you entertained over the festive period.

PlayStation 4 (From 8th January)

Making its console debut is the beautifully crafted Don’t Starve from Klei Entertainment (Shank, Mark of the Ninja). Set in a world of science and magic, Don’t Starve is a wilderness survival game where you play as Wilson an intrepid gentleman scientist who is trapped by a demon and transported into this dark and mysterious world.

You must learn to exploit the environment and the inhabitants you will encounter if you want to have any chance of getting back home!

And don’t forget, a PlayStation Plus membership will also provide you with access to PS4 online multiplayer.

PlayStation 3 (From 24th December)

First up on PS3 this month is DmC, Capcom’s latest entry in their Devil May Cry series. You play as Dante, a young man caught between worlds. The action plays out in Limbo City, a place secretly controlled by all-powerful demons. It’s a cracking action title, and a real work out for the thumbs – just the thing for burning off that Christmas excess.

Next up, I’m pleased to announce that PS Plus users will be able to download the brilliant Borderlands 2. In this acclaimed sequel, you jump into the story of four new Vault Hunters as they fight to free Pandora from the clutches of Handsome Jack, the brilliant, charismatic, and utterly despicable CEO of the Hyperion Corporation.

PS Vita (From 24th December)

First up, from our very own Japan Studio, the simply breathtaking Soul Sacrifice. Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made has significant consequence. You take on the role of a slave who stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive epic battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice in exchange – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life. What price will you pay for power?

Last but certainly not least we have beautiful 2D fighter, Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend. The latest title in the franchise offers the most substantial BlazBlue experience to date including all previous DLC characters as standard, the Calamity Trigger & Continuum Shift stories as well as brand new game modes, new stories to play through, and the all new playable character, Relius Clover. Relius Clover and his robotic puppet Ignis, join the fight with 23 epic scenarios to play through.

On top of the great games mentioned above PS Plus members will also have access to huge discounts this month so keep checking the PS Blog for regular updates. Also, don’t forget The 12 Deals of Christmas sale is in full swing, so stop by PlayStation Store to grab a bargain!

In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site .

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store .

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (2,683 Views)
Level 7

Re: PlayStation Plus Update – January 2014

Holy Moly! That is pretty much the wish list I wrote Santa. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (2,681 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Loved Devil May Cry when the first one came out for the PS2.

Shall be giving this one a go also.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (2,666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Looking forward to soul sacrifice and don't starve.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (2,635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

WHAT, we'll be getting Don't Starve?
Oh wait, that's for PS4, sigh.

Still have some days until I can't download Grid 2. It's just 6 gb, shouldn't take too long to dl.

Will definitly download Borderlands 2.

Also, can we please get Heavy Rain (again) at some point?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (2,592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Soul sacrifice was going to be one of the few Vita games that I was going to get as a physical copy. Now I don't have to. That game along with Borderlands 2 has made my day.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (2,501 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

looks like an awesome load of games for January :smileyvery-happy:. just Borderlands 2 on its own would be good enough, though with DmC, Dont Starve and Soul Sacrifice aswell, tis a mighty fine cool collection of games to play 8).

nice to see that all platforms are getting a fair amount of love too.

Narrsig

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (2,496 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Still no point in ps4 owners getting ps plus unless you play online
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (2,379 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

[ Edited ]

If you're a lucky PS4-ian, you can now download Don't Starve from the PlayStation Store for free if you have a Plus Subscription...

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/don%27t-starve-console-edition/cid=EP2107-...

Don't Starve on PS4

Don't forget that if you don't have a PS4 but think you might have one at some point in the future and intend to keep on subscribing to Plus between now and then, you can add Don't Starve (along with Resogun) to your shopping cart and check out using the web store via the link above, and then when you do finally get a PS4, it'll be ready and waiting for you in your download list. That's what I'm doing. :smileyhappy:

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,359 Views)