28 Dec 2011
Online Support
Playstation Staff

How Do I Transfer Games From The PS3 to The PSP?

10 Replies 41,100 Views Created 28-12-2011

How do you transfer games from the PlayStation 3 to the PSP?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (41,100 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: How Do I Transfer Games From The PS3 to The PSP?

If a game you have downloaded from the PS Store is compatible with the PSP (this will be shown in the product description) then you can transfer it to your PSP and play it.

1) Sign in to the PSN using the PSN account you used to download the game.

2) Connect the PSP to the PS3 using the USB cable.

3) On your PSP go to Settings > USB Connection

4) On the PS3 select the game you wish to copy under the Game icon.

5) Select Copy, then follow the on screen instructions to copy the game. 

6) Once the transfer is complete you can start the game by selecting Game > Memory Stick or Game > Internal Storage on your PSP

Please note:

Your PSP must be on system software version 6.50 or later to use this feature

Games that can be played on the PS3 and PSP system

If you are playing a game that is compatible with both systems, you can copy saved data from the game from one system to the other so that you can continue playing where you left off. The method for copying saved data varies depending on the game type.

Save data for PlayStation format software (PS1 games) is saved on an internal memory card that is saved on the PS3's HDD. 

To copy the save data to the PSP, perform steps 1) and 2) above then select Game > Memory Card Utility > Internal Memory Card (PS) on your PS3.  Then select the data you want to transfer, press Triangle > Copy.

Please note:

You must convert the format of the saved data to enable the data to be used on your PSP.  If a confirmation screen about converting data is displayed during the copy operation, select Yes to proceed.

Multiple internal memory cards are created for each software title that is saved on Memory Stick media (inserted in your PSP) or in the system storage of your PSP.

If you copy the saved data to Memory Stick that is inserted in your PS3's media slot or use a USB adaptor (sold separately), the saved data will not be recognized

Activating your PSP

When playing games downloaded from the PS Store on your PSP you must ensure your PSP is activated.

If a message indicating activation is required when loading the game complete the following steps to activate your PSP.

1) Connect the PSP to the PS3 using the USB cable.

2) On your PSP go to Settings > USB Connection

3) On your PS3 select Account Management under the PlayStation Network icon.

4) Select System Activation and follow the onscreen instructions to activate your PSP.

Please note:

To perform device activation, you must be logged in to your PS3 as the same user that was logged in when downloading the PlayStation format software.

Device activation is a procedure that allows playback of content on authenticated devices. This procedure is necessary to protect the digital rights of the content.

If you have any questions please ask.

SuperFastZombie

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (41,090 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Number 5 Copy feature has since been removed? Well i can't see it anymore with PS3 Version 4.00?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (41,024 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

AMAZING

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (40,803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

LittleBigDragonz schrieb:

Number 5 Copy feature has since been removed? Well i can't see it anymore with PS3 Version 4.00?

Yeah, I noticed that too. It sucks!

I can't copy stuff like minis, PSone games and even PSP-content I installed on my PS3 from my PS3 to PSP anymore. I used that option frequently because I can't keep all my games on my memory stick for PSP, only those I play at the moment. I don't want to download all those things again from that horrible unsortable and cluttered download list when I already kept them for reinstalling purposes on my PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (40,799 Views)

Playstation Staff

I'm on the same boat. I mostly play any downloaded PSX games on my PSP, and on top of the other PSP games I have on there, I find the need to move stuff between the PSP and PS3.....the worst bit being that to have to re-download Final Fantasy IX directly on my PSP took forever for some reason, and took about just as long to install.....so I was waiting for well over 2 hours on that one. Maybe it was meant as a "You need to get a PS Vita for that option" kinda thing to push you into buying one?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (37,653 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

what u need to do is buy a 32gb card for your psp.. then take a backup of the card(if anythings get corrupt)... and you dont have to deal with the cluttered download list. its as simple as that........
----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (37,623 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey, I need help! When I tried to copy from my ps3 to my psp, it said my psp needs and update. When I try to update, it says it is already updated (6.10). WHAT IS WRONG? Does that mean that it doesn't have enough space?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (29,155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

The latest (And final) firmware for PSP is v6.60 and is available through System Update, or from here.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (29,143 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

For people with PS3/PSP games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games from the original Playstation, copying games is not longer an option. Either download it again from the PSN downloads history on the PSP or Remote Play it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (16,637 Views)
0 Kudos