08 Jun 2013
By: starnomad_ Member 9 Posts
Level 1

How to I create a folder for my pictures on my PSP?

7 Replies 783 Views Created 08-06-2013
I have... many pictures on my PSP... and I'd like to add a folder or two to sort them out. But I've read you have to 'hack' a PSP to do so and I'm a true gamer, I am against hacking of any sort. I don't have the tools' nor do I want to. I also heard that you can to it somehow by plugging it to your computer with a USB cable but I can only find instructions on how to add pirated games- which is not what I want. I've been gaming for years mate, and I know that theres nothing rewarding about playing pirated games! I would like a clear, step-by step guide on how to add- if possible, create a folder to put my pictures in on my PSP explaining exactly what and how to do it. And any warnings of what not to do to avoid corrupting/bricking my PSP, please. Thank you I have a PSP-3000 with the latest firmware Version 6.60.

A true gamer wouldn't fight over PS3 or Xbox, a true gamer will see the benefits of BOTH! - Starnomad
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: How to I create a folder for my pictures on my PSP?

Whomever told you that you have to hack a PSP in order to add extra folders has fed you a heap of lies as you can add new folders by connecting the console to a computer via USB (you have to add the folders to the actual folder the pictured are originally stored in to make sure they show up in the correct section in the XMB).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (761 Views)
Level 1

Thank you for your reply! Do you know exactly what folder is the one that stores all the pictures and where its located? And can I accidentally render my PSP unusable if I add a folder to the wrong spot? Is there any risk at all doing this, actually? Thanks for your time!

A true gamer wouldn't fight over PS3 or Xbox, a true gamer will see the benefits of BOTH! - Starnomad
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (758 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

PICTURE folder on your memorystick?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (748 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Oh yes of course! But... One more question... What type of folder do I create? Which ones are compatible...? I've been gaming for years, but computing...so much... Thank you all for your help so far, YOU LITTLE BEAUTIES!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (743 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

there are different types of folders you can make??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (726 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

--> "I've been gaming for years, but computing...so much... " <-- Anyway, I did it and... its... unbelievable... When I was creating folders... it... was... like... I had complete control of my PSP! Like... like I was... a developer...! Like... I had power! Just the only thing is, they don't seem to come up in the order I want, they go alphabetically, not... how I want. Thank you everyone for your help!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Go to your PC and simply create a folder on the root of the memory stick called "PICTURE".

Download: Fast, Fun, Awesome

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (632 Views)
0 Kudos