[EN] Archive

PlayStation®Portable Technical Help

PlayStation®Portable Technical Help

29 Nov 2012
By: tostigroover Member 10 Posts
Level 1

PSP screen defect

5 Replies 551 Views Created 29-11-2012

I have a PSP whose screen does not function properly. If I start up the PSP, it works for a while but the screen will eventually fade to black. This always happens. When I simply hold the PSP during normal gameplay it happens and I can make it happen when I apply pressure to the side of the screen.

I have captured my problem on video. The YouTube clip below shows you my problem.

My video

Does anyone know what is wrong with this PSP?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: PSP screen defect

its time to buy a vita....
----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I own a PS Vita already. I also want to have my PSP screen function correctly to play my PSP games.

Does anybody know what I can do or what's wrong with the screen? Without going off-topic, please.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

i don't think you will find anyone here techie enough to tell you exact what your problem with your screen is... so i think you will most likely have to ebay for a new screen, if you want to fix it. but in most cases the screen is as costly as a new or used psp and it is just cheaper to get another one... and if you don't know what your doing when trying to repair your psp you can end up with a totally dead screen and a dead psp.

if i was you i would just get another one of the same model (i guess you have the 3004??) then you can use the battery, charger and the rest for spear parts (like buttons,battery cover etc).

----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (480 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

It sounds like a fault has developed on the PSP here. What you can try is perhaps a different battery in the PSP to see if this helps. There are no settings on the console that would address this however- so it may need to be replaced.

If so you will need to contact PlayStation Support for further information.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

That looks like when you're touching the side of the screen you're breaking the circuit connecting the screen to the circuit. It's the exact same effect as you used to get from the old GameBoy consoles when the battery was pulled out mid game.

That'd make it a hardware issue and probably something not worth fixing considering the age and overall worth(lessness) of PSP consoles these days. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (388 Views)
0 Kudos