42%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

PSP won't connect to router or PS3 for remote play

6 Replies 13,864 Views Created 27-07-2009
27 Jul 2009
By Aaron_Mitchell

Hey all, I spent a rather fruitless Sunday afternoon trying to get remote play to work on my PSP.

I registered the PSP on the PS3 first and that went fine but when I tried to remote with the PS3 it came up with a connection error.

Does the PSP need to be connected to PSN for remote play to work? Both systems have the latest updates but I've never set up PSN on the PSP because the security settings on my router (WPAk2) aren't compatible with the PSP which it says whenever I can for it, I get my wireless router but its greyed out and I can't use it.

I was under the impression the PSP could communicate directly with the PS3 but it doesn't seem to do that.

And yes the WLAN switch on the PSP is on.

I'm pretty nooby with this stuff so please explain it to me like I'm a dummy. I've just reset my router to factory settings (cause I lost my password and username for my router to use a different security setup to try and connect the PSP to the PSN.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CharcoalDragon

88%
03 Rank
Progress
CharcoalDragon
Accepted Solution

the psp WILL connect directly to the PS3. ok just a list of things you might want to try, you have already done them bu t you may have missed one.

register the PSP to the PS3 (re-read and you say you have done this, good. on the psp menu does it say 'registered with PS3-***?)

have remote play running on the PS3 first

set up a network conncetion between the PSP and PS3, the psp should be able to guide you through this. perhaps while they are connected by usb. again if you haven't perhaps select remote play while they are attached.

when select remote play wirelessly, select ' connect via private network' . 

hopefully one of these helps, otherwise let me know i'll try to think of something else. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: PSP won't connect to router or PS3 for remote play

Beyond The Grave Website

CD.
I'M BACK. Been on a ~3 year break with occassional visits. Looking forward to good times in 2013.

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CharcoalDragon

88%
03 Rank
Progress
CharcoalDragon
Accepted Solution

the psp WILL connect directly to the PS3. ok just a list of things you might want to try, you have already done them bu t you may have missed one.

register the PSP to the PS3 (re-read and you say you have done this, good. on the psp menu does it say 'registered with PS3-***?)

have remote play running on the PS3 first

set up a network conncetion between the PSP and PS3, the psp should be able to guide you through this. perhaps while they are connected by usb. again if you haven't perhaps select remote play while they are attached.

when select remote play wirelessly, select ' connect via private network' . 

hopefully one of these helps, otherwise let me know i'll try to think of something else. 

0 Kudos

Beyond The Grave Website

CD.
I'M BACK. Been on a ~3 year break with occassional visits. Looking forward to good times in 2013.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aaron_Mitchell

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Aaron_Mitchell
Accepted Solution

Ah, I knew it was something stupid, I didn't have Remote Play actually running on the PS3, I couldn't see anything for it under settings and then saw it under Network.

Also I can turn on the PS3 but I get and error message and it kicks the PSP off straight away. It works fine as long as the PS3 is running.

Bit dissapointed actually, I thought the PS3 screen would stay up on the TV so I could use the PSP as a remote control. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CharcoalDragon

88%
03 Rank
Progress
CharcoalDragon
Accepted Solution

nah it's not a controller, its a completely (semi-functionally) remote unit.

i'm glad what i wrote helped

i don't quite understand your 2nd line in your previous, post do you mind clarifying a little? 

0 Kudos

Beyond The Grave Website

CD.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MrWilson

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MrWilson
Accepted Solution
why would you want it to work like a remote control when u have a sixaxis controller?....
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ultramangis

21%
02 Rank
Progress
ultramangis
Accepted Solution
You can sort of use it as a remote for audio. Under remote play settings you can set the audio output to the ps3. I have my ps3 hooked up to my stereo and use the psp as a remote when I'm entertaining so i can choose songs etc without having to leave the BBQ.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aaron_Mitchell

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Aaron_Mitchell