18 Apr 2011
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

UMD is not loading/loading issue on PSP?

4 Replies 7,521 Views Created 18-04-2011

My UMD is not loading on my PSP?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (7,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: UMD is not loading/loading issue on PSP?

[ Edited ]

RabidWalker wrote:

My UMD is not loading on my PSP?

The following is some handy information to try if UMD games/films are not loading in your PSP.

• Ensure your PSP has the most recent official software installed.
  • Check that there is no scratches or residue on the disk before putting it in the PSP.
  • Ensure the disc has been placed in the correct way round (shiny disc side facing inwards).
  • When turning the PSP on you should find the icon for the disc, under the main GAME icon on the XMB. If this is not the case you can try the following:

Note: This only applies to the 1000, 2000, and 3000 series models in which you can remove the battery and require discs to play games.

- Remove the disc, and navigate to the 'Settings' option on the main menu of your PSP.

- In the options go down until you are at the 'System settings' option and press X.

- In the sub menu select the option to 'Restore Default Settings'.

- The system will restart and require you to enter the time and language settings again.

- Once you are back on the main menu, turn the unit off and remove the battery from the unit.

- After a short period of time, put the battey back in and turn the PSP back on.

- When you are back on the menu, put the disc back in and try to load this.

• If you have any further queries you can look at our FAQ's

How do I troubleshoot UMD problems on the PSP system?

Please feel free to PM or tweet me with any queries.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (7,513 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

After following Instrustion my psp still does not Load my games I even clean the game a use a new game also updated to 6.60 nothing works
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (4,694 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have done exactly as instructed in the post and the games still will not load. Is there anything else you can suggest please as this is for my son?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (4,668 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

cleo32000 wrote:

I have done exactly as instructed in the post and the games still will not load. Is there anything else you can suggest please as this is for my son?

Hi cleo32000 ,

If none of the UMDs are loading after trying this, there may be an issue with the UMD reader on the console.

Check there is no dust or dirt in the console or on the reader, but if this is happening for all UMDs tried you may need to call PlayStation Support for further assistance.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (4,645 Views)
0 Kudos