06 Jun 2009
By adamE22

Playstation Staff

"you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

[ Edited ]
44 Replies 42,056 Views edited 07-06-2009

I can sign onto the website using the sub-account sign-in ID and password, but when i try to sign in using the sub-accounts sign-in ID on my PSP so i can play online i just says:

"You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)."

i just dont know what to do.   can you please help me

Message Edited by adamE22 on 07-06-2009 12:36 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45 (42,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

[ Edited ]

It may be because you have already signed into your PSP using your Master account.

Im only taking a guess though, sorry.

Message Edited by silent-viper on 07-06-2009 01:04 AM

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45 (42,034 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

Im not, i go back to the main screen and go onto the playstation networks drop down menu thingy and i click on the account managment. Then it askes me to sign in. So it cant be that. Iv tried logging into the sub-account there, and in game when it askes to sign in, but it keepscoming up with:

"you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)."

(btw, when ever i do go to sign in, it comes up with the master account information and pass already there and i can sign in then, but when ever i change it to the sub account sign-in ID and the password, it dosent work)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45 (42,001 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

has their already been an account active on the psp? if so, log in, press triangle on account management, delete account (dont worry, account will remain but it wont b on the console), then click "sign up" then existing account, then put in the details of the account u want to use. hope this helps
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45 (41,983 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

I have this problem to. After a took my PSP to a mates house (who I cant seem to track down, hes lives in another town), it had a different email for my psn account and resistance online sign in. However, it DOESN'T work when I sign in with it. So I tried putting my own account info in, and it says "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)".

I need some help please.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45 (41,951 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

1) Go to "Account Management" and press triangle. (Dont need 2 sign in)
2) Choose "Delete Account" (it just deactivates it off ur psp).
3) Choose "Sign Up" and then "Existing Account".
4) Put in your account details and choose ok.
5) You can now sign into your account.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (42,115 Views)

Playstation Staff

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I went to a friend's house and he used my PSP to log onto his account when I had never done it myself (never even set up an account).  Then when I tried to do it myself, and I set up an account using my computer, I couldn't log on from my PSP because all I got was this error message.  I wasted hours struggling with it.  I am really ANGRY with my friend because I told him not to use my PSP on the internet.

I put the error message into Google and this thread was the top hit.  I did what you said and the problem is solved!  HOORAY!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Royston 99, you are a saviour!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45 (41,607 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

you are a life saver my friend thank you so much

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45 (39,875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

No problem, glad i can help!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45 (39,866 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hii i have the same problem because i sold my psp go to my friend however even though he's logged on to his account how comes he can't play the games that i have downloaded on the psp go?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45 (39,767 Views)
0 Kudos