By adamE22

adamE22

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

"you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

[ Edited ]
44 Replies 47,569 Views edited 07-06-2009

I can sign onto the website using the sub-account sign-in ID and password, but when i try to sign in using the sub-accounts sign-in ID on my PSP so i can play online i just says:

"You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)."

i just dont know what to do.   can you please help me

Message Edited by adamE22 on 07-06-2009 12:36 AM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

silent-viper

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
silent-viper
Accepted Solution

It may be because you have already signed into your PSP using your Master account.

Im only taking a guess though, sorry.

Message Edited by silent-viper on 07-06-2009 01:04 AM
0 Kudos

Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

[ Edited ]

/16

adamE22

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
adamE22
Accepted Solution

Im not, i go back to the main screen and go onto the playstation networks drop down menu thingy and i click on the account managment. Then it askes me to sign in. So it cant be that. Iv tried logging into the sub-account there, and in game when it askes to sign in, but it keepscoming up with:

"you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)."

(btw, when ever i do go to sign in, it comes up with the master account information and pass already there and i can sign in then, but when ever i change it to the sub account sign-in ID and the password, it dosent work)

0 Kudos

Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution
has their already been an account active on the psp? if so, log in, press triangle on account management, delete account (dont worry, account will remain but it wont b on the console), then click "sign up" then existing account, then put in the details of the account u want to use. hope this helps

Re: Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
/16

SerpentRaptor

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SerpentRaptor
Accepted Solution

I have this problem to. After a took my PSP to a mates house (who I cant seem to track down, hes lives in another town), it had a different email for my psn account and resistance online sign in. However, it DOESN'T work when I sign in with it. So I tried putting my own account info in, and it says "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)".

I need some help please.

0 Kudos

Re: Re: "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address). What do i do???

/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution
1) Go to "Account Management" and press triangle. (Dont need 2 sign in)
2) Choose "Delete Account" (it just deactivates it off ur psp).
3) Choose "Sign Up" and then "Existing Account".
4) Put in your account details and choose ok.
5) You can now sign into your account.

PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
/16

chocwizzz

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chocwizzz
Accepted Solution

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I went to a friend's house and he used my PSP to log onto his account when I had never done it myself (never even set up an account).  Then when I tried to do it myself, and I set up an account using my computer, I couldn't log on from my PSP because all I got was this error message.  I wasted hours struggling with it.  I am really ANGRY with my friend because I told him not to use my PSP on the internet.

I put the error message into Google and this thread was the top hit.  I did what you said and the problem is solved!  HOORAY!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Royston 99, you are a saviour!

0 Kudos

/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution
No problem, glad i can help!
0 Kudos

/16

ChungFlawless

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ChungFlawless
Accepted Solution

hii i have the same problem because i sold my psp go to my friend however even though he's logged on to his account how comes he can't play the games that i have downloaded on the psp go?

0 Kudos

/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution
You need to be signed into the account the games were downloaded on. so games u got can only be played when ur account is active on the console
0 Kudos

/16

boscliker5

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boscliker5
Accepted Solution

hi, I can't sign in using my master account to change the parental controls on my ps3. It sais you cannot sig. In usianother per users sign in id. Help! I tried account management but all it sais when I click triangle is sign out and auto sign in, out....   Help

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

spectre51

• Award Winner
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spectre51
Accepted Solution
Hi boscliker5

Have you tried signing the master account in on a different user account(e.g. user 2) on the PS3 tor creating one to do so.
0 Kudos

/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution

boscliker5 wrote:

hi, I can't sign in using my master account to change the parental controls on my ps3. It sais you cannot sig. In usianother per users sign in id. Help! I tried account management but all it sais when I click triangle is sign out and auto sign in, out....   Help

On the PS3, the process is slightly different. You cannot remove a PSN ID from a logon, you have to create a new user.

To do this, scroll all the way to the left, to the Users menu. Now, off the top of my head, i think there is a "New User" icon... if not, press Triangle, and then create new user.

Now, on this user, you can assign a new PSN ID to it, so access the account you wish to on this 1, and voila! should work.

0 Kudos

/16

Mattnuggets

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mattnuggets
Accepted Solution

whats if i cant sign in using my original psn account because the password expired

0 Kudos

/16

tj4_001

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tj4_001
Accepted Solution

Thanks, u r a god yute. I was getting ***** off with this problem until i read ur solutions. Thanks again.   IT WORKS - i suggest anyone who's had this to try ur remedy.

0 Kudos

/16

icuicyyy

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
icuicyyy
Accepted Solution

you are a life saver my friend thank you so much

0 Kudos

/16

Dooomin

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dooomin
Accepted Solution

I thank you with my heart and soul, you are my psn saver !

0 Kudos

/16

sleepeatgame

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sleepeatgame
Accepted Solution

thank you so much this has helped me alot

0 Kudos

/16

HollowMirage

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HollowMirage
Accepted Solution

Dude... nothing opens when i press Triangle on account management i really wanna use a diffrent account on this user please help >.>

0 Kudos

/16

Agent_Saundy

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Agent_Saundy
Accepted Solution

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

/16

Berty099

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Berty099
Accepted Solution

its still not happening for me?

i brought a couple of classic ps one games a few years back on one account and when i brought a ps3 i forgot my first account information so created a new account.

i brought resident evil directors cut with my new account and it works fine on my psp but when i try to play the old ps one games its says i cant play them on this account so i tried your method and signed in with my old account but it still doesnt work?? HELP

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel