can iplayer work on the psp? any help much appreciated!! cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (3,417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: BBC Iplayer on psp any format

The PSP web browser cannot use bbc iplayer because of the browsers limited memory size. Also as the psp does not support DRM, it can't play videos downloaded directly from the iplayer site.

However a couple of weeks ago I found this free software called iPlayer Downloader. This program allows you to download virtually any program from iPlayer DRM free.

Here is a link to the programs website: http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/

Also just to say that the videos this program downloads need to be converted with a program such as PSP Video 9 for them to work on psp.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (3,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

If you have a PS3 you can use BBC iPlayer via Remote Play, otherwise no, since iPlayer isn't compatible with Flash 6.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (3,347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

SO IT WORKS VIA REMOTE PLAY THEN PERFECT! I LIKE TO WATCH IPLAYER IN BED SO IF THAT WORKS THEN IM SOLD!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (3,302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

yeah I can confirm iplayer and PlayTV work on remote play

(my PSPGO is used all over the house watching TV & the garden/garage)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (3,296 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (2,682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

matthawes wrote:

The PSP web browser cannot use bbc iplayer because of the browsers limited memory size. Also as the psp does not support DRM, it can't play videos downloaded directly from the iplayer site.

However a couple of weeks ago I found this free software called iPlayer Downloader. This program allows you to download virtually any program from iPlayer DRM free.

Here is a link to the programs website: http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/

Also just to say that the videos this program downloads need to be converted with a program such as PSP Video 9 for them to work on psp.

You can use get_iplayer.

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

I think iPlayer downloader is limited to which format you can download.

With get_iplayer, (there are Windows, OSX and Linux ports of it) you can even download HD programs. Be aware it's command prompt based (although you can set up an internet GUI for it). You can download stuff using the --mode=iphone flag. This downloads the video in the correct format for PSP, 480x272 AVC with AAC audio (although you need to change the container from .mov to .mp4) - no need to transcode, so it only takes a second (unlike PSPVideo9). Use something like WinFF.

FYI, you can use the --mode=flashhd to grab HD broadcasts and --mode=flashvhigh to grab SD broadcasts for PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (2,579 Views)
0 Kudos