Reply
16 Apr 2008
By AmigaNG
Member
Playstation Staff

Go!Explore

[ Edited ]
185 Replies 5,605 Views edited 16-04-2008

Just wanted to know if any one had more details on this product, the reason being I recently
checked Amazon UK and its says it coming out on April the 25th at
only £25.99, is that the whole GPS system with the maps, unfortunately Amazon
list zero details, but shopto has it coming out on the same date and that says
it includes everything! If this is everything then its got to be one of the
cheapest GPS system I have ever seen! Is there a review any where or going to
be a review of the system for the uk version as I would like to know how update/good
the maps are, weather it will work with the older bigger PSP etc. I would really like this system, specially if its going to be
this cheap! Just need more information. Come on Sony, tells us where to go!

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Go-Explore-PSP/dp/B0015INJ7M

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PSPGO10&n=Go%20%21%20Explore&p=PSP

 

info from shopto 

"Go!Explore is the 3D sat nav for the PSP that uses a GPS reciever.
Go!Explore is a fully functional, state of the art satellite navigation
tool for PSP, incorporating both vehicle and pedestrian functionality,
the very latest in three dimensional mapping technology and over 100
different categories of overlays for such things as speed cameras,
petrol stations and restaurants. The Go!Explore package comes with the
GPS system and a UMD featuring all UK and Ireland maps. You can choose
from 12 languages and more voices willl become avaliable to download
via the PSP Store"

 

 

Points of Interest - 100 categories with thousands of locations

Superior Graphics - 2D and 3D city maps with 3D landmarks

12 Languages - Includes 22 unique audio voices

Find and Go - Easy search features and smart keyboard

Smart Zoom - Automatic zooming and map tilting

Explore Map - Search and explore the surrounding area

My Data - Manage favourite trips, saved places and routes

Route Settings - Fastest/shortest routes and safety/night modes

Itinerary Mode - Step-by-step journey schedules

 

Message Edited by AmigaNG on 16-04-2008 02:56 PM
http://www.enterprise-tcw.com/
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 186 (5,605 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore

HMV have better details on the Go!Explore GPS system, that's were I've pre-ordered mine from.

 

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;6;38;-1&sku=781700&WT.ac=PSP-PBODY-HC_PS...

 

If you want to read a review, have a look at the link below:

 

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/3433758/Go-Explore/Product.html#153773

 

Hope this helps?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 186 (5,586 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore

Does anybody know if you can buy maps for Europe?
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 186 (5,552 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info.

 

Did a bit more research and finally found a good review of the product.

 

looks very good, hope Sony do make updates to it. Review is on http://www.money-specialist.com/?p=142 

 

Just notice also that Amazon has up the price to £89.99 since I posted this message, odd that. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by AmigaNG on 17-04-2008 06:15 PM
http://www.enterprise-tcw.com/
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 186 (5,517 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore

You're right... Amazon HAS increased the price A LOT!!! hmv has not... yet! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, it might be an amazon mistake. I doubt it will stay at that price with all other retailers at +-25£ ...

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 186 (5,499 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore


PMatos wrote:

You're right... Amazon HAS increased the price A LOT!!! hmv has not... yet! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, it might be an amazon mistake. I doubt it will stay at that price with all other retailers at +-25£ ...


If not,lets hope HMV will Honor the pre-order price!:smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 186 (5,492 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore

Don't know what the hells going on but Amazon has now pulled the price details from the site same as Play.com. HMV still holding at £27.99 (that's where I've ordered from). Thing is if it comes out next week why can't you pre-order on these sites? Amazon are usually desperate to get their mitts on your cash. Something funny going on me thinks.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 186 (5,451 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore


zat01ch1 wrote:
Don't know what the hells going on but Amazon has now pulled the price details from the site same as Play.com. HMV still holding at £27.99 (that's where I've ordered from). Thing is if it comes out next week why can't you pre-order on these sites? Amazon are usually desperate to get their mitts on your cash. Something funny going on me thinks.
unless the price hasnt been released and every one has been duessing what the price will be.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 186 (5,443 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore


Scrish wrote:

zat01ch1 wrote:
Don't know what the hells going on but Amazon has now pulled the price details from the site same as Play.com. HMV still holding at £27.99 (that's where I've ordered from). Thing is if it comes out next week why can't you pre-order on these sites? Amazon are usually desperate to get their mitts on your cash. Something funny going on me thinks.
unless the price hasnt been released and every one has been duessing what the price will be.

In that case I would guess HMV would not allow you to preorder at 27£ , if it is really just a guess!
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 186 (5,436 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Go!Explore

Well I ordered mine now from HMV, before the price goes up. As I understand it HMV have a Pre-Order Price Guarantee, which i will be quoting if they up the price now.
http://www.enterprise-tcw.com/
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 186 (5,423 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos